It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama disrespectfully salutes Marine with a coffee cup

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Looks more like he was carrying a sample for the urologist.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So the military is going to whine over this. Guess they are not getting in enough killing of late.

There are some big problems with our country and this ain't one of them.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Has no respect for the people or the planet. He's a perfect tool. No loyalties to anybody except the ones giving him orders.

Personally if I was in that situation I would salute. Give the coffee to the wife, or put it in my left hand. And OP, you should know pointing out Obama's follies in today's world is a giant faux pas. Faux...pas, my friend. It's disgraceful, clearly inexcusable. It's selfish.

Just kidding, S + F because this puppet is very different from the rest.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ujustneverknow

Ya, I agree he is a busy man. He can take a second to slow down and do things right. Maybe switch hands or even go as far as putting the cup on the step. Not painting him as the anti christ but he seems to be cutting corners too much lately.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
OMG! He seriously saluted with coffee? The fiend!

lol

Y'all do know he's not actually required to salute at all right? Reagan started that.
edit on 9232014 by bhliberal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

He isn't required at all. But the thing is many feel it's a symbol of great respect, gratitude and ultimately humility for a leader to acknowledge the ones protecting them. I understand the Presidency is simply another type of royalty and they believe they are the kings of the West. However a certain form of etiquette and tact must be present in every leader (or in our planet's case ruler) to reassure the people that the one presiding over them is capable of acting in a diplomatic level among all strata of society.

Now, believe me, it was nice of him to salute, I agree. I just disagree with how he did it (same with the pic of Bush, even if he was holding a dog).

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Pile it on the list is things that are given a # about, that no one should give a # about.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: kevinp2300

OMG OMG! He wasn't wearing a tan suit was he?

Under military protocol if an officers hands (both) are full and is saluted the officer can return the salute with a nothing more than an acknowledgement - look / head nod / etc.

He also forgot to salute a Marine while getting on Marine 1. He came back out of the aircraft and spoke with the Marine, apologized, shook his hand and got back on marine 1.

George W. did the same thing.

The President saluting the military did not become a big thing until Reagan came into office. He actually was irritated he could not return it. While speaking with his advisors one of them noted that since he is Commander in Chief and President, his suit was his uniform. As the story goes the next time he was saluted by a Marine, he returned it, and the Marine apparently had this big grin on his face.

With all this said why is this surprising to anyone? He has made it clear how he feels about the military.
edit on 23-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Obama's the puppet who bowed to the Japanese PM. Salutes the marine with a cup of coffee in his hand. I hate partisan bull but I have to admit, these past few Presidents have shown no respect. They never did but this has been so out in the open it's disgusting.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I added more to my post. I agree.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Typical Obama

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I know you do. No worries

When I read "head nod" in your post I immediately thought of him bowing to the PM.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Ya, there are quite a few puppets in Washington these days. Some ppl still think he is a good president, I tend to disagree and have disagreed for awhile now. I hope we don't screw up these mid term elections and elect more greedy scumbags into office. Ty for S & F

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Latte-gate anyone?

This must be how the salute they troops in Obama's home country of Kenya!

LMAO you usually drive me nuts dude but that sarcasm made me laugh out loud.......cheers lol....

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Of all Obama's colossal screw ups....

This is nothing but a mistake.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

While far from being a fan of Obama and his in my opinion failed presidency, the word "petty" comes to mind as I read this.

That anyone would make a big deal of this is far more troubling than the actual act.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
When I was in boot camp, to have a recruit do that meant GIGS!!!!! Pushups and running out until your legs detached from YOUR BODY!

This is what happens when we give military titles to people who have never served. At least McCain would have gotten THAT PART RIGHT.

But oh wait, this is the Obammy that is firing the top chain of command across the service board because they refuse to give orders to attack the civilians if ordered. Hmm...

Seems alright to me now.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
He's not, nor eve was a marine, according to the code he's not supposed to salute at all. It started with Reagan (potus saluting back) and he's not the first to muck it up either.

Really pointless commentary, if he was a former marine, maybe there'd be an argument.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Ya, after the budget cuts to military spending, Bengazi and issues with Iraq/Afghanistan wars, he is probably not sitting well with the military. I don't see this whole salute thing as a huge deal, just a lack of attention to detail and slightly ironic coming from him as well as good Tuesday reading material. It seems like presidents become bolder as they stay in office. I remember Bush taking a lot of time off and becoming more care free/making more mistakes in his second term. I guess the job wears on them. Maybe 1 term should be the limit, job might be too hard for more than that. Also, you could get voted in 2 times as long as you take a break for a term. Idk..just an idea, then again Clinton did better his second term, but one could say he became more care free as well lol.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

While far from being a fan of Obama and his in my opinion failed presidency, the word "petty" comes to mind as I read this.

That anyone would make a big deal of this is far more troubling than the actual act.

Yeah, it's petty to expect some CLASS from the President of the United States.

Well, we already know he has none, so no sweat.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join