It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama disrespectfully salutes Marine with a coffee cup

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Nationalism is pimped-out bigotry, designed to provoke a Stockholm Syndrome in the livestock.

Illusions Of Freedom

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Well said...I think I have heard about the firings. Is that the Air Force scandal they covered up with "cheating"? He says he respects our military but doesn't do a lot to show it. Hopefully there is a good candidate in 2 years. I wish we could vote an independent into office and get rid of the fed. That would be a good start.

CHeck ATS...start with the Navy firings and work your way around. I dont worry about OBAMA. I worry about his signing of excessive EOs and policy that the next idiots will use against the people.

At this point i dont think Ventura could save Amurica. Stick a fork in her she's done.
edit on Wed Sep 24 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The first thing I thought of was Bush with the dog, lol. But everything is Obama, Obama, Obama. The truth of the matter is that returning a salute is up to the president's discretion. A president does not have to return a salute, and therefore you will either see a Marine hold the salute or follow through. In fact, even with high-ranking officers there are many half-hearted or otherwise not proper salutes. I witnessed this personally while serving in the military. Just another thing to be blown out of proportion by the Obama-haters, because he is the only president or other high-ranking military leader who has ever done something like this. Considering this is the only time this has been an issue, I imagine that the detractors are ignoring every good thing the man has done. Why do certain people only bring up what they deem to be bad about Obama? If they don't address it then they don't think it is bad, but you will not hear them say it is good.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Here's the Vid

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

But still as Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces every President should at least show some decency with the troops. And really it's not just the saluting.

Even though he is Commander and Chief he is still a civilian do you expect civilians to salute military personnel? The most decent thing he can do for troops is to not get them killed fighting wars that are not ours to fight.

Like what other members said Obama just standing there during the Pledge of Allegiance is another issue and plus treating the Constitution as a piece of paper.

There is no law that says you have to put your hand over your heart during the pledge. Also those whining he treats the constitution as a piece of paper have him confused with the last President who said it was just a piece of paper let's see them show some proof of what they are crying about.

Not to mention Obama swapping 5 Taliban Prisoners for an alleged Army deserter.

These people were being held without being charged that is against American law. If we are not going to charge these people then we should let them go and close that place. He said he was going to close it when he ran for office and the best way to do it is to get rid of everyone that is there.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
While the world burns around them, trust an American to make mountain out of a molehill.

Any old excuse to have a go at the current political leader will do eh?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

How dare you expose hypocrisy when it comes to political cheerleaders.

edit on 31930America/ChicagoWed, 24 Sep 2014 08:31:59 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: desertguy
a reply to: kevinp2300

wow, he is just being so lazy.. If I had a cup of coffee in my hand or anything I would take an extra couple of seconds to set it down then salute.

Set it down where precisely? On the ground? On the steps of the helicopter?

Seriously?

Mountains out of molehills people, that is all that is taking place here.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: roadgravel

SO you want us TO KILL HIM?
That's silly, illegal and I won't do it.the MARINES got THAT cherry BUSTED from CLINTON'S husband.

Not what I said. People getting worked up over a salute is sad.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
strange way to hold a cup. looks weird.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Come onnnnnn ...

There's a lot of things to 'hate on' this guy for. Don't fall for distraction.

If he had ever served, he would have known. When your hands are occupied ... you don't salute. It's that simple. So, go ahead now, tell me how his left hand wasn't occupied and he should have transferred the coffee cup.

Well, he could pulled a Gerald Ford and slid down the steps....

At least he didn't puke on a foreign leader like George Bush Sr.

Nope, this guy salutes with coffee cups and doesn't respect the flag. And he's a Nobel Peace Prize recipient.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Uhm, no, he is not a civilian. He is the highest public official in the United States. A public official is no longer just a civilian, especially if that person is Commander in Chief of the U.S. Military.

You and I? Civilians.

President of the United States? Public official.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

“Patriotism is, fundamentally, a conviction that a particular country is the best in the world because you were born in it....”
― George Bernard Shaw

“Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”
― Arthur Schopenhauer, Essays and Aphorisms

“Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious”
― Oscar Wilde

“Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about.”
– Mark Twain

“Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above principles.”
– George Jean Nathan

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.”
– George Orwell

“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.”
― Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The president just gave the go ahead for the military to blow up stuff in the mid east. Can't the staunch backers trade that for a poor salute grade? Shouldn't bonus points be awarded for the bombs and missiles.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Shouldn't bonus points be awarded for the bombs and missiles.

10 points for the innocent old lady crossing the road,

100 points for anyone under the age of 14.

The game is called "Collateral Damage".

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The president just gave the go ahead for the military to blow up stuff in the mid east. Can't the staunch backers trade that for a poor salute grade? Shouldn't bonus points be awarded for the bombs and missiles.

Nope, the U.S. should have gone back to its Isolationist Policy if they believed Obama, he couldn't, we didn't and now we are stuck with bombing things.

See? Lame duck president will do anything because it doesn't matter any more to him. Joe Biden said yesterday to Hispanic voters that when Obama goes out, perhaps the Republicans will meet the Lord, but if they don't, they will see lightning.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

What rage or anger is there to be had. He is a buffoon. I and everyone else should not expect anything more then what the actions of a buffoon entail.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

It seems the office has been held by buffoons for quite some time.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

It sure has.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
While the world burns around them, trust an American to make mountain out of a molehill.

Yep, 0bama sure is watching as stuff goes up in flames around him......as he fiddles with his coffee.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join