It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama disrespectfully salutes Marine with a coffee cup

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
At first glance this is really nothing (unless total oblivious disregard for the men and women who constantly treat HIM with the highest honor and respect (unearned, by the way) counts for anything)...but taken cumulatively, over time, it's a bit like the tip of an iceberg...a BIG iceberg. Then man doesn't give a rodent's rump about the country, its citizens or the men and women who fight and die for it (he cares about "optics" and if he made par on the 18th). And since it's glaringly obvious how little he cares...WHY IS HE STILL HERE????

Sock. Puppet.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Is this a joke? People are really pissed about this... haha. This should be a non issue. Lots going on in the world. Presidents have a lot on their mind. Its got nothing to do with disresoect. He is the president. He has # to do. People need to quit crying about nothing

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

From the article...

Carey Winfrey, the retired editor of Smithsonian Magazine and a former Marine, wrote an outstanding article for the New York Times about the presidential salute. In it, he asserts, “when it comes to salutes (and one or two other matters), presidents deserved to be cut some slack.”

It's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. I doubt the Marines were offended, just another chance for a story...

Yes, to reiterate, Carey Winfrey states “when it comes to salutes (and one or two other matters), presidents deserved to be cut some slack.”

Of course, this is just one more arrow the Obama haters can put in their quiver.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Yep, 0bama sure is watching as stuff goes up in flames around him......as he fiddles with his coffee.

Just couldn't help yourself could you?

Thanks for proving my point

edit on 24/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

must be a Timmies,,

trade mark Tim Hortons coffee,,,,,,

wheres the doughnut?? honey glaze,,,mmmmmmmglaze.

yes it was not correct.

but it might have been a timmie

What's messed up - is even his personal detail is fed up. Compare the demeanor of the marine on the left to the one on the right - you'll note that the one on the left is leaning slightly to the left; clearly relaxing joints that are guaranteed to be aching - but in doing so he is demonstrating that contrary to his training and implicating role - he has lost the drive to force a proper stance to attention.

"You want to face us with impropriety, I'm gonna show up in my [snip]'n pajamas tomorrow."

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I think it's just the conservative media making a point of him being the CINC, but being very distant from playing that role.

Must be something of a boring news week. LOL

Don't get me wrong ... I don't care much for the guy in any capacity. But 'this' is a non-issue ... and I call a spade "a spade" no matter what side of the political fence it rests on.

-Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805
His relaxing joints? Didnt know you can read the will of a soldier through one picture...
HAhaha......
What a load

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

What's messed up - is even his personal detail is fed up. Compare the demeanor of the marine on the left to the one on the right - you'll note that the one on the left is leaning slightly to the left; clearly relaxing joints that are guaranteed to be aching - but in doing so he is demonstrating that contrary to his training and implicating role - he has lost the drive to force a proper stance to attention.

"You want to face us with impropriety, I'm gonna show up in my [snip]'n pajamas tomorrow."

Wow, just as I thought the ridiculousness couldn't get any worse, you go and prove me wrong.

Oh well, can't beat them so I'll join them:
See that fly on the trouser leg of the marine furthest away? The marines had had enough of Presidents focusing too much on the work at hand and not on the insignificant detail of not properly saluting as he exited. So the marine hired an insect expert to provide him with a specially trained fly that could be put on his trouser leg to mess up the uniform, one that would stay the course and not buzz away at the wrong moment.

You can see the look of pride on the marines face as he pretends all is well and yet all the while the dastardly fly on his trouser leg successfully displays the marines disdain at having a President who is to busy running the country.

We should start a new Twitter hashtag - #DastardlyFly.

(In case there is some dimwit out there who thinks I'm being serious then I'll add this disclaimer expressing that I am not.)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
He runs his administration with the same attitude. Just look at how his friends treated vets. Look how his friends at the IRS treated republicans and Tea Party people. He's an embarrassment. But then again, so wasn't Clinton, little Bush and big Bush. They're all the same. It just so happens that Obama can't hide it as good as the other politicians.

Also, remember his and Michaels gaffes during the pledge of allegiance? Remember Michael saying: "all this for a damn flag?". They do not like America and want to change it. They have no respect for America, probably harboring hate because of the slave thing that went on.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ah the idiocy and hypocrisy of the overly political addled mind. Bush does it, the overly liberal all all pissy about it, the overly conservative are fine with it. Obama does it, the overly conservative get all pissy about it, the the overly liberal are fine with it.

And the rest of America (90% of the country) didn't care either time, and won't care the next time. Just politicos looking for something to bitch about because that's the only thing that makes them happy. Bitching.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There's so much for me to disagree with Obama on. This is really low on the list..

HOWEVER. If you are the commander-in-chief of the armed forces, at the very least, render a proper salute.

Being in the Army we get used to proper military customs and courtesies. It's not something we really skimp on.

You stand at attention for high ranking officers when addressing them. Stand at parade rest for NCOs, render salute to officers when appropriate to do so.

Obama was never in the military. He doesn't have that kind of discipline and I simply don't expect him to, he doesn't really know what that means or how disrespectful some members of the military see that kind of behavior.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

He is the Goober in Chief. No one should be surprised, angered or let down.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I agree.

But I simply can't blame him for lacking discipline he's never had.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Obama is the biggest POS President there has ever been.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ujustneverknow
seriously ????

The man probably didn't get a wink of sleep last night !

Excuse him for making a bad error.....

you people are relentless and it's bordering on repulsive.

And yet somehow managed to bow to the king of Saudi Arabia.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It's ironic. Obama has the aptitude of a barista and he salutes holding a coffee cup.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Lordy.. *Ohtheoutrage* Seriously, I doubt the marines were displeased. I didn't really see it as disrespectful. But I guess I have different ideas when it comes to disrespect. If you guys are really throwing a fit over a lack of saluting, I really think you need to get your priorities in order. There are worse things going on.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: ujustneverknow
seriously ????

The man probably didn't get a wink of sleep last night !

Excuse him for making a bad error.....

you people are relentless and it's bordering on repulsive.

And yet somehow managed to bow to the king of Saudi Arabia.

yes, why yes he did.

All presidents should have to serve some time, lol in the military, maybe jail too

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
let this be for all future POTUS

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
There is no excuse for either of those sorry ass excuses for a salute.

They can shift the cup to the other hand, and put the damned dog on a leash, or let someone else carry it.

Having said that?

Not a big deal, really...

Just another example of bad manners, the same sort we see everywhere else these days.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join