It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama disrespectfully salutes Marine with a coffee cup

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They need to follow military rules

Why does someone not in the military have to follow military rules?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

commander in chief
noun, plural commanders in chief.
Also, Commander in Chief. the supreme commander of the armed forces of a nation or, sometimes, of several allied nations:The president is the Commander in Chief of the U.S. Army, Navy, and Air Force."

dictionary.reference.com...
edit on 26-9-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

commander in chief

Still does not mean he is in the military....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
he doesn't have to salute, but he did... attempt a salute anyways.
the point is, if you're going to do something, do it effin right, or not at all.
"do, or do not... there is no try... hmmm yes"

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

What do you expect from a Muslim pretending to be a Commie pretending to be an American?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I personally find it disgusting that so many people think that this is an issue at all, as if the fact he didn't salute properly was the end of the bloody world - that's it Obama didn't salute properly, time to bend over and kiss our asses goodbye.....

Ebola. ISIS. The Economy. Cancer. Wars without end......Who cares about all them....OBAMA DIDNT SALUTE PROPERLY!!!!

Unfrigginbelievable.

To answer your question, obviously not OBAMA!! You people are ridiculous with your excuses for this fop! It isn't the salute per se, it is the principle behind it, that show Obama's true colors!! No wonder this country is in shambles!!

When you lower the bar to NOTHING, YOU GET NOTHING!! No wonder the kids of today do not respect authority!
The only thing our PREZ respects is Hip Hop and the "GREAT PEACEFUL RELIGION OF iSLAM"...........Flame me all the way to hell and back but Obama did nothing to earn this office and has done more to dishonor it than Clinton and a cigar!!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I didn't say that yet he is still the Commander over the US military, as it states in the dictionary. Interesting quandary isn't it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Obvious here , not too many have high pressure jobs. Put it in perspective to what he probably has on his mind. Do you really think he gives one # about the formalities of stepping off a chopper, which he does countless times, and do you really think those Marines gave a # about seeing him fumble a coffee while buttoning his jacket? The .1% that think this is a problem (magnified by 100 because some stupid media thought it was an opportunity for blowing it out of proportion), why not tell us what you do for a living?

To me, this is the same exact self-righteous garbage that is responsible for so much of the current "witch-hunt by assholes" going on in this country that it just makes you want to vomit. "This is the way I see the world, so everyone else must also see it that way to, so I am comfortable with my convictions". Guess what explicative comes next.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I really wouldn't expect some to care,why should they?
THAY haven't been in service and have NO IDEA about why we salute.No losses no existential pressure of the battle field,yet they still express their thoughts on how this means nothing and rail against our traditions.

SAD.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
For the people that continue to make excuses for Obama, I would like to ask you this. Are any of you here that are saying "no big deal" "non issue" or "soldier is a temp" and implying not important, willing to lay down your life for your brother or friend?? No, I didn't think so....but these men ARE!! They have been sent into extremely harsh conditions a literal sand box for most and regardless of how or why they were sent, the ASS Hat that sent them there needs to show a little respect as to say "Hey I'm thinking about you or I appreciate your willingness to go fight for all of us" NOT act like he can't be bothered and slap them in the face!! You people obviously do not esteem character and honor as important qualities to have.

This is a narcissistic power hungry want to be if there has ever been one!! As for him thinking about to many things at once, that is laughable!! What could he possibly be thinking about? He has not accomplished one damn thing not one that is not a debacle!! Oh yeah I forgot, the only thing he has accomplished is he is the first black President!! And to that I say So What!!!! Maybe his tee time and that's it!!

God he is so out of touch!! And no this is is not an isolated incident it is the straw that broke the camels back!! If everyday citizens realize how uplifting it is to service men and women when we take the time to say thank you for your sacrifice how can the Commander in Chief NOT!!! He treated them like he was there Master!! Disgusting classless clueless bag of hot air!

Pax

I think it's mostly a non-problem but I also think that soldiers are important. No one is saying that soldiers aren't important. But it's not a law that the Commander in Chief needs to salute them. Do you think that soldiers are saluted by their normal commanders all the time? It doesn't happen. In high school, I was in Jr. ROTC, and I was NEVER saluted by my commanders, and was told to never assume it would happen, but to ALWAYS salute my commanders because that's respect. It doesn't work both ways. If Commanders don't want to do something, they won't do it. My younger brother and sister are both in Jr. ROTC now and they still teach that.
We were just given a still shot, not a whole video. We don't know if he said anything to them. Maybe he didn't salute them. but he said "at ease," meaning they could relax? Maybe he doesn't feel that the President needs to be saluted, and therefore didn't salute back, but gave them the command to just relax. WE DON'T KNOW. And it's sad that people would make assumptions based on things that we know nothing about because we aren't given the information to actually know.
As for power hungry, I'm not sure that he is. How is someone who can hardly do anything without LEGALLY going around Congress, or putting out an executive order power hungry? If he was power hungry don't you think there would be scandals left and right? Don't you think he'd be trying to take away peoples rights? Don't you think he'd be getting rid of anyone who stands against him? Thus far, it looks like we still have our rights. We're still free. He's had no one assassinated. There are no scandals, unless you want to count Benghazi, which is basically grasping at straws, and mostly Hillarys problem.

As for things that he's accomplished, let me link you a few things. Which by the way you won't be able to debunk, as they will also have links to when it happened and the like. Lets see if you are like the majority of people who are given proof of good but will still grasp at nothing to try to prove the opposite, or if you will admit that the man has done some good when you are given proof of such. I personally hope you'll admit that he's done good things. Because I think you're really smart. : )
www.factcheck.org...
www.dailykos.com...#

Now I'm not saying the man hasn't done anything wrong but he's done a heck of a lot of good. For things that could be on his mind... Here's a few: Hate for things that aren't his fault, judgemental people that will say he did the wrong thing regardless of what he does, Congress, the war in the Middle East, the people who say hurtful things about his wife and children because they are mad AT HIM... The man is human and he thinks just like the rest of us. Have you been President? No? Then kindly shut the hell up because at this point you have no idea the things the man has to think about, what he is told everyday, what inside information he may have that leads him to have to rethink various plans, what Congress is doing, what Congress isn't doing, or anything else.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They need to follow military rules

Why does someone not in the military have to follow military rules?

Mhm. With that in mind, I guess civilians need to start saluting soldiers, too, right? We're not in the military but hell, I guess we need to follow military rules, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

originally posted by: Kryties
I personally find it disgusting that so many people think that this is an issue at all, as if the fact he didn't salute properly was the end of the bloody world - that's it Obama didn't salute properly, time to bend over and kiss our asses goodbye.....

Ebola. ISIS. The Economy. Cancer. Wars without end......Who cares about all them....OBAMA DIDNT SALUTE PROPERLY!!!!

Unfrigginbelievable.

To answer your question, obviously not OBAMA!! You people are ridiculous with your excuses for this fop! It isn't the salute per se, it is the principle behind it, that show Obama's true colors!! No wonder this country is in shambles!!

When you lower the bar to NOTHING, YOU GET NOTHING!! No wonder the kids of today do not respect authority!
The only thing our PREZ respects is Hip Hop and the "GREAT PEACEFUL RELIGION OF iSLAM"...........Flame me all the way to hell and back but Obama did nothing to earn this office and has done more to dishonor it than Clinton and a cigar!!

It's not that it's ridiculous, it's that we see what he's done and we can also give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to things like this. We have our priorities in check and realize that he doesn't even have to salute. And that there are worse things going on than a failed salute or lack of a salute. Kids do not respect authority because parents do not care. It's always someone else's fault. They get in trouble in school, it's the teachers fault. They get in trouble at daycare, it's their 'teachers' fault. They get in trouble out in the world, it's their friends fault. Or drugs fault, or something else. No. It's the parents fault. It wasn't that long ago that anyone could hit a kid and put them in their place, and guess what? Kids were more well behaved.
As for the "great peaceful religion of Islam," I cannot believe that you even said that. I thought you were smarter than that. Terrorist that claim to be fighting in the name of Islam do not represent the culture or the religion. They are extremists. People don't think that the KKK are the representatives of Christianity do they? No? That's what I thought. Do NOT judge a large group of people based on the views of some. THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR COUNTRY AND EVEN THE WORLD. We are basing everything off of few. Let's put it in more present times... Just because one or two people of color are thugs, don't mean that they all are. Example: Beavercreek, Ohio. Man shot for having a toy gun. Marine called it in to the police. Police shot him. Marine wasn't really a Marine. Lied. He said he lied. Cops are apologizing to the family. He wasn't a thug, but we were led to believe he was because a few people of color are thugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join