It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusted over idiotic Gun control comments.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: CardiffGiant

What other of our unalienable rights do you want to fine tune due to your nervousness?

so far just that but i will let you know if i think of anything else.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
What is wrong with talking about guns all the time?

????
When everyone else in the social setting is trying to change the subject away from guns, and this person simply can't, that's a problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I can see you don't know much about the subject of firearms or ballistics.

The AR 15 chambered in .223/.556 is one of the best weapons for home defense. The round tends to fragment and penetrate less than handgun and shotgun rounds. That is good for innocents in and out of the house.

I urge you to do a little more research on ballistics.

If you want gun violence to decrease there needs to be changes made in the legislative and judicial systems. We need to start laying down the hammer on criminals who use guns to commit ANY kind of crime.

Currently we are giving violent criminals way too many "second" chances.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

so far just that but i will let you know if i think of anything else.

edit*

the right to bear arms is not a natural right

en.wikipedia.org...

Natural and legal rights are two types of rights. Legal rights are those bestowed onto a person by a given legal system. Natural rights are those not contingent upon the laws, customs, or beliefs of any particular culture or government, and therefore universal and inalienable (i.e., cannot be sold, transferred, or removed).

----------------------------

life/liberty/pursuit of happiness........natural
extra big ass arsenal...................legal

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I can see you don't know much about the subject of firearms or ballistics.

If you want gun violence to decrease there needs to be changes made in the legislative and judicial systems. We need to start laying down the hammer on criminals who use guns to commit ANY kind of crime.

Currently we are giving violent criminals way too many "second" chances.

i know almost nothing about guns and ballistics.
i think limits need to be set as to how many guns a person can have

right to bear arms does not mean dozens of arms. it does not mean automatic weapons.
i think we need to drop the hammer on that

all just personal opinion

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Why is he a part of your social circle then?

Generally speaking people hang out with others who share their interests.

That being said, I do understand where you are coming from if say you were on a double date and the boyfriend of your wife's friend wouldn't change the subject.

However I don't see what is scary about it. Awkward sure, scary ehh not so much.

I would hazard a guess that most firearms enthusiasts know when and where to talk about firearms and when to stop talking about them.

You are only citing one example, surely you don't think that is the norm.

edit on 24-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No need. Viewpoints such as yours are why these rights are delineated in the Constitution and are, thankfully, not easy to alter.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

No need. Viewpoints such as yours are why these rights are delineated in the Constitution and are, thankfully, not easy to alter.

not easy but also not impossible

i know it will never happen in this country but i can hope

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

As I stated you are entitled to your opinion and I respect it.

However I feel owning a firearm is my birthright.

Just know if you or anyone try to limit or take what is rightfully mine I will resist.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

As I stated you are entitled to your opinion and I respect it.

However I feel owning a firearm is my birthright.

Just know if you or anyone try to limit or take what is rightfully mine I will resist.

fair enough.
just know if the law did change and you resisted then you would no longer fall into the law abiding category.

just saying. laws change. happens all the time.
just cause you feel its your birthright does not make it so

the firearm talk is cited with a written law. a law written by man.
those laws can and do change.
that said, guns are too ingrained in out culture. the right to bear arms will never change.

i wish it would though.

its not an all or nothing thing though.
im not saying that people shouldnt be allowed to own a gun. i just dont feel like you should be able to own an arsenal.

thats my opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Just to ease your mind, even a right wing gun nut like myself, doesn't talk about guns very often at all. usually only when we are going shooting. (once or twice a month) We talk about beer, women, lack of beer, lack of women, and taking over the world. If you encounter someone who cannot speak with out mentioning guns, he might be a "gun nut".

Point is, we are all not outwardly crazy. Some of us hide it quite well.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

If you are interested in this subject, I think you should get a little more information on types of weapons and their uses.
Bird hunting- Shotgun. ( you can research why that is to find out more)
Deer Hunting- High powered rifle, shotgun for close range
Squirrel hunting- .22 rifle, low power shotgun
Coyote/varmint hunting- AR-15 or other smaller caliber rifle with long range

Now, on to fishing. (I have quite a few fishing poles as well)
Bluegill/Crappie- ultralight spinning, cane pole
Bass (largemouth)- Medium to heavy baitcaster, spinning
Shark/Marlin- Heavy ocean rig

See, in each instance there are different tools for different needs. Much like a set of SAE sockets for your 1969 Chevelle LS6 454, and a metric set for your Datsun B-210.

I fully understand your feelings of not wanting everyone to have full arsenals. Luckily, guns are expensive and that limits the poor from having that many. (there are several weapons i'd love to have, but just cannot afford.)

But please research this so you know I am telling you the truth.

edit on 24-9-2014 by network dude because: clarified

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Great post and wonderful example.

I too own different types of fishing poles for the ocean, the Indian River, and the freshwater lakes I fish in Florida.

Just like I put different tires on my car for drag racing or road racing.

Just like I wear different shoes for different occassions.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Do you know why it is 'written law'? Because the Framers understood self defense as a natural right. Therefore the ability to protect ones family, property and country are expressed and codified in the writing of the Second Amendment.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Do you know why it is 'written law'? Because the Framers understood self defense as a natural right. Therefore the ability to protect ones family, property and country are expressed and codified in the writing of the Second Amendment.

and what about all the things that are not self defense?
shooting cans like was mentioned
shooting a high caliber gun at nothing and putting the vid on youtube as was mentioned
driving around and shooting into the air as you drive down the street as was mentioned

self defense may very well be a natural right but all the other things people do with guns are not

which is why i think it needs to be tweaked. people do not need a small arsenal of all different calibers of guns to defend themselves and their property. why is that so hard to understand?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The ability to own various calibered weapons is not precluded by law.

If you were so concerned and nervous about people behaving badly with firearms what did you do about the illegal actions you witnessed?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Over the years i have come to see the American logic in having so many firearms when the figures are looked at more guns equals less crime .

I was raised in the farming community in the u.k and brought up to respect firearms from a early age and always had a loaded shotgun ready to stick out the window to bag a rabbit when i was a kid .

But those days are long gone due to a few bad apples , the slightest thing with the police will see you lose that right even a caution a dui with 0.20 is a big no no, you need to own land and lots of it 8-10 acres is a patch of ground here and 0.3 of a acre to build a house is $ !80.000 + .

But thankfully they do not allow guns like they do in the states with the way people abuse Alcohol the weekends would see deaths in the tens of thousands .

I was lucky to get away with having a revolver years ago and a 350.000 volt stun gun , When questioned about why i had a revolver under the seat of my Saab i told the officer i did not want to knock down a stag at 3 am in the middle of nowhere during a Scottish winter and have to cut it's throat with a pair of papering scissors again once was enough .

I was lucky both times as i could have got 5 years on each occasion lucky some of my family are and i had no record that helped no end , but with the way the world is i take the American attitude and have things that will protect my loved one's 30 minutes walk away nice and safe and dry .

But i am very lucky to live where there are good people around me and you can leave the door unlocked even go on holiday for weeks forgetting all about it and nothing happens ,

But it's cruelty to animals when i watch gun shows in America on the tv and know i will never be allowed to own it /kid in a sweet shop
edit on 24/9/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If you were so concerned and nervous about people behaving badly with firearms what did you do about the illegal actions you witnessed?

^^^^dont matter
it has nothing to do with our gun laws

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

But i am very lucky to live where there are good people around me

yeah man... youre lucky
people around here are pricks and cant be trusted. lots of those same people are carrying guns which makes it worse
edit on 24-9-2014 by CardiffGiant because: profanity

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I see. So guns make you nervous and you did nothing about the yahoo breaking the law with his firearm.

I love irony, thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join