It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusted over idiotic Gun control comments.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

-yawns-

sorry I was busy being dense on purpose

or maybe I was making a point that is damn simple to make....people should be allowed to have guns...if you want to be dense on purpose and generalize that into having something like a suitcase nuke or a bio weapon and you can see a difference I have no problem whatsoever :-)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

-yawns-

sorry I was busy being dense on purpose

or maybe I was making a point that is damn simple to make....people should be allowed to have guns...if you want to be dense on purpose and generalize that into having something like a suitcase nuke or a bio weapon and you can see a difference I have no problem whatsoever :-)

I know people can have guns and i know a bio weapon is a far stretch from a gun. Does not make what i said untrue. Even though a gun cant kill on its own i think its too dangerous to have this many in circulation. Too many things can happen...people are stupid. All you have to do is look at the news to see the proof

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Your personal, anecdotal estimate is wrong as the number of responsible firearms owners is much higher, based on arrests and prosecutions, than those who are not.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Your personal, anecdotal estimate is wrong as the number of responsible firearms owners is much higher, based on arrests and prosecutions, than those who are not.

based on arrests and prosecutions. ok
thing is we dont know how many criminals have guns and we dont know how many guns they have, there are no numbers for that.

i still dont see why people should be allowed to have a small arsenal. can you help me out with that?

why does 1 person need 5 or 10 or even 20 guns?

its dangerous having all those guns in circulation. the more people that have them increases the chances that they will carry them outside of their homes. the chances of an accident happening increases as well.

times change and i think maybe the 2nd needs to be amended again. its not the 1700's anymore.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

I answered that already.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I answered that already.

i just scrolled the thread and didnt see it. if you consider answering a question with a question that i guess you did.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I have the right to own a firearm because I was born. I am a free man. While you absolutely have the right to your opinion you don't have the right to force it on me.

I own a dozen firearms because I want to. It is really none of your business. However as previously stated (which you shot down) every one of my firearms serves a specific purpose. Different tools for different jobs.

Even if they didn't serve a specific purpose it wouldn't matter.

Just to note even if the Constitution was amended I would not give them up.

edit on 24-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

By the way if you dislike firearms so much I would encourage you (if you already don't) to move to Chicago, D.C., New York, New Jersey, California etc.

Those states and cities have stricter gun control laws than most. You may feel more at home there.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

it does not make me comfortable to know that there are a lot of creeps and criminals out there carrying guns. it also does not make me comfortable to know there are law abiding citizens out there carrying guns.

its just a personal thing for me.

There are some outright scary/nuts/insane seeming people, who are law-abiding citizens, who are not just carrying guns, but kneeling down in tears before the grand alter of firearm culture.

I wanted to learn how to handle a firearm, and through social circles here, encountered an instructor at a well-respected gun club/range. He had certifications out the ___ for all kinds of high-calibre boom sticks. And he was nuts. He was incapable of talking about anything other than guns in a social setting. Even though we barely knew each other, he sent me an email with a link to a YouTube video of himself firing some massive automatic weapon into a hillside and scream his head off (with a slew of sexual comments).

This was/is an instructor. I was so horrified, it took me nearly two years to ever consider finally getting firearms training… he scared the ____ out of me.

And when I finally went to the range, with an instructor who seemed rational… nearly half the other people shooting guns exhibited (to me) the gun-culture-crazy that turned me away in the first place. I never went back… it's not for me.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I have the right to own a firearm because I was born. I am a free man. While you absolutely have the right to your opinion you don't have the right to force it on me.

I own a dozen firearms because I want to. It is really none of your business. However as previously stated (which you shot down) every one of my firearms serves a specific purpose. Different tools for different jobs.

Even if they didn't serve a specific purpose it wouldn't matter.

Just to note even if the Constitution was amended I would not give them up.

im not forcing an opinion. im trying to understand.
so far the only argument besides the im a free man and i have them cause i want them is they are tools and people need different tools for different jobs.

i just want to understand why a person needs dozens of guns. out of all the posters and replies there have been 2 answers by 2 people and you are one of them.

i still dont get it though. not forcing an opinion on you. just hoping for a drastic shift in the way people in this country think.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

What is wrong with talking about guns all the time?

People talk about sports all the time, what about music, or cars?

Now if somone is talking about killing people with firearms all the time, yeah I would agree that is a problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I said:

Without seeing the specific instance I would say that they all have different functions.

Which is not a question.

edit on 24-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Firearms I own and the purpose they serve.

1. Glock 26. For concealed carry. Protection for my family and myself when we are out in public.
2. Mossberg 500 Shotgun. For hunting fowl.
3. AR 15. For home defense.
4. .22LR rifle. For rifle style target practice.
5. .22LR pistol. For handgun style target practice.
6. .308 Bolt Action rifle. For hunting large game such as deer.
edit on 24-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

By the way if you dislike firearms so much I would encourage you (if you already don't) to move to Chicago, D.C., New York, New Jersey, California etc.

Those states and cities have stricter gun control laws than most. You may feel more at home there.

i dont dislike them. i dont want them all taken away. ive already said that.
living somewhere with stricter laws will not make me feel any better. even with the laws criminals will still have them and people like you will still have your arsenal too. you said as much.

i dont dislike guns. i dislike the fact there are so many in circulation. i dislike when people(like you) have a small arsenal. i dont dislike nor am i uncomfortable with a person owning a gun for home/personal protection.

i dislike and am uncomfortable with people wanting/needing/thinking they need 12 different guns. i dislike when they decide to carry 1 of their guns while out and about.

i just dont see how in 2012 a person needs a shotgun and a rifle and 10 different kinds of handguns.

people have said they all serve a purpose but i think they all serve the same purpose. they are made to shoot bullets(projectiles)...all of them. so, they all do the same thing.
i think the argument of needing a gun for the house and for the car and for hunting and for cans is lame and really dont hold water.

oh well.

i am probably a minority in this country. why would i possibly think that responsible adults would trim down the amount of guns they have? how stupid of me.
i keep forgetting the mentality of people in this country. it often takes people like you to remind me.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I said:

Without seeing the specific instance I would say that they all have different functions.

Which is not a question.

they dont though.
the function of all guns is to shoot a bullet(projectile)...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

There are various calibers and configurations that all have different purposes.

You do not go bird hunting with a .38 caliber revolver.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Why does one need a large house, or a fancy car, or to listen to music, or to go to concerts, or to have drinks with friends, or play video games, or own a big tv, or anything other than eat, sleep, and die for that matter?

You say you are uncomfortable with people carrying guns in public, does that include the police?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Why does one need a large house, or a fancy car, or to listen to music, or to go to concerts, or to have drinks with friends, or play video games, or own a big tv, or anything other than eat, sleep, and die for that matter?

You say you are uncomfortable with people carrying guns in public, does that include the police?

people dont need that stuff. i never said that life should only be about what we need.
we should have things they want.

when it comes to deadly weapons though it just makes me nervous. i dont think someone needs an ar-15 for home defense. they want an ar-15 for home defense and that desire for that type of gun for home defense on top of the other guns is what makes me nervous.

and yes, i am not comfortable with the police having them either. the cops are the biggest cowboys of all.

a lot has changed since the 2nd was drafted. i think the 2nd could use a little fine tuning for the times we live in.

it just gets me how it says right in the text that its about a militia and personal protection.

is there not 1 gun out there that would be the equivalent of like a multi tool?

you know, 1 gun where you can protect yourself and shoot targets and shoot cans......

there probably is but the people that want to have a small arsenal will probably not agree

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

What other of our unalienable rights do you want to fine tune due to your nervousness?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

its that gun culture that makes me uneasy.
the cowboys shooting their huge guns at hills and posting vids to youtube...

its those kind of people that imo are just itching for some action.
you know, the people like this guy you mentioned that probably always has their glock on their hip.
just waiting for something to pop off in the convenient store so they can pull their glock out and save the day.

its those people that make me nervous and there are lots of them out there

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join