It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusted over idiotic Gun control comments.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I

live in Puerto Rico, to own a gun here it cost almost $1000 to try and get a permit.
That's without even buyin the gun, thats why here only delincuents and thugs carry weapons and thats why there's so much violence in my country. I'm almost certain that if we gun laws in Puerto Rico where more flexible, we wouldn't see so much violence in the streets and the abuses the thugs here are comitting against the erderly and famillies of my country

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

But it would most certainly - CUT DOWN ON THE CARNAGE!.

a reply to: FyreByrd
What would Cut Down On The Carnage?
This Would?

Now You're Sure About That?
By the way, how do you think it worked out for these Americans?
They Trusted Our Government To Take Care Of Them,,,,,,

You want to?

edit on 24-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Disgusted over idiotic Gun control comments.

How ironic, I feel exactly the same way about idiotic pro gun comments such as the "its an inanimate object" one.

Different strokes for different folks I guess

After all the offensive things I said, you picked the one thing that cannot be disputed to not like? Odd.

Or have you seen one get up and dance around on it's own?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
You're right,it is the person that kills,not the gun,the gun just makes it easier,take away that ease of death and you will have far far far less murders.

I live in the UK,if we had easy access to guns the murder rate would go through the roof within weeks.

Thankfully we are clever enough to realise this,and have sensible controls that lend to a fairly peaceful society.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
im still wondering why you would need a small arsenal if you live rural.

why should someone be able to own a dozen guns or more? i just dont get it.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

1. The 2nd ammendment is not a limitation on people, it is a limitation on government.

2. Even if the Constitution didn't exist I still have a birth right to self defense by firearm. You cannot tell me otherwise.

3. What difference does it make if a law abiding citizen owns 1 or 10 firearms?

3. If we didn't count the thousands of deaths that resulted in criminals shooting other criminals America's gun violence numbers would drastically decrease.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

Why do you care? Not like they can use more than one at a time anyway.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why do you care? Not like they can use more than one at a time anyway.

because i asked a question and i am curious. someone made a point earlier so i wanted more info.

people can not carrry and shoot more than 1 gun at a time......yeah ok

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Remove all guns. Would that end violence? nope. Would it end killing? nope. .

it would end all killing done with guns though....
that is a fact

usnews.nbcnews.com...

One person is killed by a firearm every 17 minutes, 87 people are killed during an average day, and 609 are killed every week. (source: CDC)

^^^^if there were no guns those numbers drop to zero. another fact

Check your facts again.

When you see gun ownership rise you also see gun violence drop.

If the bad guy sees a good guy with a gun then they (Bad Guys) will think twice about what they are about to do.

Also bad guys don't care about you and I, on the other hand law abiding gun owners like myself will protect you also if the need arises.

Besides do you have any idea who most gun owners are??????

US Veterans - Whom have been trained buy the very government that wants to take them away ask your self WHY???

CONTROL plain and Simple

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

2. Even if the Constitution didn't exist I still have a birth right to self defense by firearm. You cannot tell me otherwise.

3. What difference does it make if a law abiding citizen owns 1 or 10 firearms?

3. If we didn't count the thousands of deaths that resulted in criminals shooting other criminals America's gun violence numbers would drastically decrease.

why do you think you have the right to own arms even without the constitution? i would like to know your reasons behind that

the difference is a citizen can protect themselves with 1 gun.....why do people need a dozen or more guns?
its an honest question
criminals killing criminals is still gun death though.

the numbers would also drastically decrease if there were fewer guns in circulation.

i can understand people want to protect their house and their person with a gun. i can understand that if you dont live in the city you might need a few guns due to lifestyle.

i dont understand why someone needs a dozen guns....
since this is a conversation and i have been asking it would be nice if someone explained it.....

i have explained why i dont think people should be able to have a dozen guns.

people site the constitution......

maybe its time to do it again. people are going by text that was written in 1791. lots of things have changed since then.
times are different.
the idea behind it was to have an armed militia so we can keep a free state.
these days that is not why people have guns.....can that be argued?

these days people want to look cool and look scary and shoot cans....nothing to do with keeping the state free at all.

edit on 24-9-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
For those of you who are 'intellectually challenged', I'll mention this once again. I'll type slowly so that I don't lose you guys. OK? Here goes... No one is trying to take your precious guns away. The only people talking about the government taking your gun away are the NRA and gun manufactures. The government is not talking about taking you guns. OK? Is that part understood, at least? Why you gun 'enthusiasts' aren't worried about those money hungry groups, (NRA, gun manufactures) manipulating you is beyond me. but hey, who cares what's beyond me, right? You guys are always so worried about being lied to by the government, you don't seem to even consider that the corporations churning out these guns MAY be lying to you too.

Anyway, what most sane people are advocating is stricter screening processes prior to gun purchasing. You know, so the people who shouldn't be able to get a deadly weapon, don't. All of us know somebody who should never own a gun, right? Wouldn't be nice to be able to identify those people, you know, before they shoot up a mall, or theater, or our children? Why is the concept of identifying potentially dangerous gun owners BEFORE they buy a weapon so offensive to you? Are the ranks of gun enthusiasts so bolstered by nut jobs that losing them would be the end of private gun ownership? Why would responsible gun owners want to be associated with people who can't be trusted with guns?

It's only an opinion, of course - one that I expect will garner MUCH criticism from this forum, but like many things going on in this country, the people who feel threatened, (in this instance by gun control), will continue to push the limits of their 'freedoms' until they go too far, which will then force the government to crack down, (just like Women's Health issues, voter ID laws, gay marraige, etc). I wonder, have you guys ever heard of the concept of the 'Self-Fulfilling Prophecy'? If some moderation isn't introduced to your rhetoric, I think that concept will be made reality for all of us.

Again, just an opinion. Rage on....

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
these are a couple examples of the guns people carried back then

en.wikipedia.org.../File:Ketland1.jpg
en.wikipedia.org.../File:1795_Musket.jpg

------------------

times change. the guns have changed.

we should change as well_

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

because i asked a question and i am curious. someone made a point earlier so i wanted more info.

people can not carrry and shoot more than 1 gun at a time......yeah ok

I did not say carry, I said use. Firing two weapons at the same time only works in movies.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Im sure you can shoot two guns at once. Wont be accurate but it can be done. Can you tell me why people need a dozen or more guns

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
yeah I am kind of liberal...like far left...until guns are involved...I used to be a bit anti gun until I realized..

Well...take mine...but the criminals still got em!

and

I am pretty sure a gun left on a table LOADED pointing at me with no intervention isn't going to kill me on its own...soooooo yeah

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
yeah I am kind of liberal...like far left...until guns are involved...I used to be a bit anti gun until I realized..

Well...take mine...but the criminals still got em!

and

I am pretty sure a gun left on a table LOADED pointing at me with no intervention isn't going to kill me on its own...soooooo yeah

If thats the argument then how come it is not legal under the 2nd to have fully automatic machine gun? What about grenades and rocket launchers? They wont kill anyone on their own right? Why are people dense on purpose? A gun sitting on a table woll do no harm if nobody touches it. I agree. Thing is it cant be guaranteed that it wont be touched. Thats a lame argument. Even a suitcase sizex bio weapon wont hurt anyone if it is left alone forever.
I think everyone in this thread understands these things. Theyre just being thick.
The 2nd says i can have guns...never mind the 2nd can be interpreted many different ways. I read it as i can have a gun for home protection. Others read it as they can have an arsenal

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Im sure you can shoot two guns at once. Wont be accurate but it can be done.

You obviously have little to no experience with firearms. Why would you fire at something if you had no intention of hitting the target?

Can you tell me why people need a dozen or more guns

Without seeing the specific instance I would say that they all have different functions.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If thats the argument then how come it is not legal under the 2nd to have fully automatic machine gun? What about grenades and rocket launchers? They wont kill anyone on their own right?

With a proper tax stamp and the funds they are.

If you are going to argue the subject while calling people names at least understand the salient points or stop using ad hominems.

edit on 24-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Im sure you can shoot two guns at once. Wont be accurate but it can be done.

You obviously have little to no experience with firearms. Why would you fire at something if you had no intention of hitting the target?

Can you tell me why people need a dozen or more guns

Without seeing the specific instance I would say that they all have different functions.

I wouldnt fire a gun with no intention of hitting a target. People shoot guns all the time for the hell of it. No intention of hitting the target. A guy that used to work with my brother got busted for driving down the street shooting up in the air. While driving ag no target. People do stuff like that all the time. . More guns in circulation means more crap like that could and would happen. I know there are gun owners that are law abiding and safe. I think those numbers are small compared to the number of criminals and idiots that have them.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

If thats the argument then how come it is not legal under the 2nd to have fully automatic machine gun? What about grenades and rocket launchers? They wont kill anyone on their own right?

With a proper tax stamp and the funds they are.

If you are going to argue the subject while calling people names at least understand the salient points or stop using ad hominems.

If people can get grenaded and rocket launchers then things are worse than i thought. I didnt call anyone a name. I said people are being dense on purpose

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join