It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusted over idiotic Gun control comments.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I wonder, if you are a liberal gun hater, do you actually stop to think of how idiotic what you are about to say is going to sound?
In the history of the Earth, no inanimate object has ever gained free will and killed anyone. Not one. Be it knife, car, rock, gun, tank, surface to air missile, none. So when there is a tragedy that involves a gun, why get mad at the gun? Don't you think the person who picked up the gun and decided to use it for nefarious purposes has some blame here?

Remove all guns. Would that end violence? nope. Would it end killing? nope. People, before you remove all that's left of your brains and fill your head full of brown, gooey propaganda, think of who and what it is that should be blamed.

And a thread explaining the death of a family and 6 children is not the place to cry about gun control. It's a place to cry about people who were killed. Grow up and grow a brain.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming spoons for making people fat.

It's the same logic and so many die from obesity and related illnesses, I don't know why someone hasn't suggested banning spoons yet.

I feel your pain ND... It seems to be getting worse instead of better. As the younger generations get older, you can expect it to get much worse before they finally succeed in getting what they want....

A society where only the criminals have guns and can protect themselves from the folks they are robbing, raping, and killing.

edit on 9/23/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And a thread explaining the death of a family and 6 children is not the place to cry about gun control. It's a place to cry about people who were killed. Grow up and grow a brain.

Exactly! The man could have also drugged everyone and placed them in a closed up, running car in the garage. The gun was not the reason this tragedy happened.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Like what? So far as I can tell the ________ still have their guns. Funny we live just fine in our house without one. We lived just fine in my childhood home without one. Both my parents lived just fine in their homes without one. Further back than that and I'm guessing there may have been a hunting rifle or two but those disappeared in my family history with the advent of the grocery store. Just saying.
Still I don't see anyone going door to door collecting guns either so I'm guessing folks can still have one if they feel the need. Like the thug who killed the 14 year old in front of his apartment door down the street from me. Oh well...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Funny I think maybe taking the shovel out of their hand and replacing it with chop sticks might just help. But that's just me.
I'll say again the guns are still out there so what is everybody griping about huh?

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

edit on AMu30u0993903302014-09-23T10:03:55-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
With just a bit more effort and hands on involvement I'm thinking. As opposed to standing a cowardly distance away and letting the gun do the job for him. a reply to: halfpint0701

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
But it would most certainly - CUT DOWN ON THE CARNAGE!.

You proposition is rather like saying two braodcast beheadings by people you don't care to know or understand is more horrific then hundreds of un-broadcast bombings of non-combatants blowing them to bits.

I don't disagree with you thesis - violence will still be there - but it would be much less devasting to all involved without firearms.

I wonder about gun-loving conservaties and how powerless and impotent they must feel to need a gun to feel safe.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Good thing with the right to bear arms we also still have the right to free speech. And the right to our own opinions without being told our views are idiotic.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I wonder... If you see the world as binary and polar, are you more or less credible? IMO by ignoring the obvious risks of firearms and relying on fallacies, you are truly self defeating. So carry on and don't bother reading anything else.

You have to admit there is a long list of things that are regulated or illegal because they are judged to be excessively risky for other people. These "other" people are equally vested in society and life. These people's free will matters every bit as much as yours. People that can't get past that should be ignored because they aren't legitimately vested in society. They want out, so let them pout.

There are is a vehicle code book, 2 inches thick with laws intended to reduce deaths from dangerous human behavior and these efforts have saved 100's of thousands of lives. Exploding fireworks are illegal as are automatic weapons, grenades, dynamite, heroin, leaded gasoline, backyard meth cookers.

Guns and ammo can't fix a broken society or a bankrupt spirit.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I think it's super you feel good about not having a gun. It's super that you live in a free society where you have a choice.

When you look at a gun, what do you see? Is it a cold callous killing machine? Is it a tool for a purpose, or is it a marvel of engineering?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I disagree with you, without fire arms it would be much messier.

Admittedly people using rifles and guns do not always hit their mark and produce a clean kill, but explosives tend to maim more than they kill outright. IMO Rifles are much more humane than knives or explosives.
People who want to kill will find a way to do so, regardless of the law.

If you do not want to own a rifle or gun, that is your choice, don't own or have one, BUT do not try to tell me that I cannot have one because you don't feel comfortable.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm a former Marine (there are no ex-Marines). I've practiced various martial arts over the years. I'm not a small man, but I tell you what, I'm 60 now and if I'm ever attacked by a 6'4" 300 pound Obama supporter I hope my .45 is handy so that I can take the cowards way out to resolve the situation.a reply to: AutumnWitch657

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Automatics are not illegal in all states. You can own pre ban autos with the proper tax stamp.
edit on 23-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

What a terrible analogy. Spoons weren't designed to make people fat, that would be a side effect and would take time.
Guns were designed to kill in the blink of an eye....pure and simple.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

No, there are not people going door to door to collect and confiscate the public's guns....yet.

The problem is every year (except election year of course) liberals try to pass more gun laws to restrict what we can and cannot do. You are not a gun owner nor a supporter of gun rights (as far as I can tell) so it doesn't bother you.

It bothers me. It bothers a lot of other people.

Stop trying to control what I do and let me live my life in peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

You are exactly right. Guns were made to kill. Plain and simple. They were made as a more efficient way to kill, taking the place of bow and arrow, battle axe, broad sword, or any other killing device. I hear tell they have big bombs too. Fer killin.

But knowing lots of countries have big bombs, why are we all still here? is it because nobody crazy enough has been in in front of the big red button? Perhaps.
edit on 23-9-2014 by network dude because: bad spelr

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

He also could have taken a less messy coward's way, opened a pilot light, and let CO2 do it's thing while they slept.

Remember the pro wrestler Chris Benoit? He strangled his wife, suffocated his 7 yr old, then hung himself.
Murder-suicides aren't all committed by guns.

Removing the 2nd amendment rights from the people still leaves LEOs with guns. Guess what? They're also capable of committing murder-suicide with them. Earlier this year a cop in Utah did just that when he murdered himself, his wife, his 2 kids, and his mother-in-law. Gun control wouldn't have prevented that tragedy.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't own guns, I don't even know how to use one. But I support the people having their own guns. It's common sense if you ban something a black market springs up. So the criminals will always have criminalized material.

The whole reason behind trying to control guns is to prevent the people from being able to exercise their rights. And I would trust a responsible gun owner over a police officer, armed forces member any day.

If you think the planet is bad now, imagine what it will be like when they try to take guns away from a large amount of people.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Good thing with the right to bear arms we also still have the right to free speech. And the right to our own opinions without being told our views are idiotic.

No, you don't have the right to your own opinion without being told your view is idiotic...free speech doesn't stop at your opinion, it keeps going for the next person's opinion of your opinion, and so on.

Unless, of course, you can show me in the 1st Amendment where the words "without ridicule" (or similar) appear when discussing free speech...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

What a terrible analogy. Spoons weren't designed to make people fat, that would be a side effect and would take time.

Guns were designed to kill in the blink of an eye....pure and simple.

Without going into the history of firearms, you are generally correct. But, since guns have existed since around the mid-13th century, guns have evolved to be designed for myriad reasons, most of which these days is to shoot mean ol' targets for sport. So, don't just assume that, since guns were invented for wartime purposes, modern guns are only created for killing (and, in your broad comment, I assume you mean people...you didn't clarify).

See, the problem with taking the approach that you do is that you have the wrong intention of a gun-owner in mind--you seem to assume we only own it to offensively kill someone. I own multiple firearms, most of which are for target shooting (and possible hunting later on, but just for sport shooting now). I only own three that I would consider as self-defense weapons--two handguns and a shotgun--that I keep for personal carry and home defense. I hope to never have to send a round toward a human being, but if I do, I would be doing it to legally protect myself or my family. Killing, in that instance, would be a by-product, as I'm not some special-forces guy who can hit a vital organ at a moment's notice in a high-stress situation (presumabley in the dark)--I would aim and fire, hoping at the least to incapacitate the threat until LEOs or an ambulance arrived.

Your assumptions in regard to the tool and its owners is based on a false premise. The only people I've ever known or heard of who own firearms in order to kill someone are criminals. That's plain and simple. So if you're talking about them, specify "criminals" in your comments. If you're trying to lump law-abiding gun owners in with criminals, go educate yourself about the real world, because we're not the same thing, regardless of how much you may want to believe it out of ignorance.
edit on 23-9-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join