It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Vote No In Referendum – Selfish, Scared People, Well Done!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Knobby

originally posted by: uncommitted

a reply to: uncommitted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, there wasn't much anti-Scottish sentiment in this guys OP.

You are referring to the OP in that link? Actually, he's Welsh, not English
That's by the by though, I said what I personally had seen.

I've had my eyes opened by the sheer amount of anti-Scottish sentiment being posted on the London based MSM website forums. Fuelled by said same London MSM.

But let's not get paranoid, I noticed that since George Clooney voiced his opinion on the Elgin marbles, he has usurped Andy Murray as the no. 1 hate figure.

I can only comment on what I've seen on ATS. HAving said that, I'm sure there are Scottish based sites that would carry an equal amount of vitriol in the other direction. C'est la vie

Neither side was perfect, but most of us saw it as a fight with Westminster, however, a lot of the rUK saw it as an insult to them personally.
The MSM was the worst, though. The bitter-together poster girls Michelle Mone and JK Rowling were often in the press after getting some twitter abuse, but there was not a peep when abuse was directed at a YES campaigner.
The media bias in the campaign was shocking.

Anyway, we just have to wait for the three amigos to back out of giving us more devolved powers and we can go through this all over again.

Sorry, are you referring to the Yes campaigner being Andy Murray? If so there was a lot of attention paid, are you now being selectively forgetful? Please show REAL evidence of bias, I'd love to see it. The joke is I didn't see any on the network in England so I assume you have recorded footage from Scotland you can share?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Writing off Scotland

I don't know if the link pasted ok from my tablet, if not have a search on youtube for a video called Writing off Scotland. You can also look up bbc bias on google as well.

ETA another link to TV bias.The bigger the lie

edit on 16-10-2014 by Knobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: Korg Trinitywww.telegraph.co.uk...
He of course claims it is that well known creature a non racist BNP voter that he is attracting.

Of course there is plenty of Smear campaigns going on..

Try the horses mouth!

Well Farage is not stupid is he so he is not going spout forth his underlying beliefs instead he will spout forth whatever nonsense gets people fired up. Especially those who are too lazy and/or stupid to investigate the background of the UKIP hierarchy. I have !!!! It's all there on the internet. My god what a bunch of disaffected right wing racist bigots they are.

Let me guess : if you don't do this you can continue to support them with "plausable deniability" !!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
You are correct that you would get similar results on google for any party. Difference is when you actually look at the results.
Not saying UkIP are all racists but there is a persistent bigoted element within the party including at senior level.

Maybe, maybe not, I couldn't say. I do think a lot of anti English rhetoric would be counted as 'banter' or 'I've nothing against English people, I actually know three of them, it's all about Westminster'. Yawn, drivel.

Well I voted yes precisely because of the westminster centric UK politics, especially the three clowns who came up at the last minute. It is not a matter of "yawn" but of a deep desire to rid ourselves of this pampering to middle England. I am not SNP.

Unfortunately a lots of Scots bottled it. I'm proud to say as a Yorkshireman I voted YES. Recent events in Westminster have shown I am more than vindicated in my choice. I hope the No's can look at a mirror whilst Cameron, Clegg, Milliband and now Brown scrap over non existent devolved powers.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

The no's don't care about change they voted for the same old, same old...and even, dare I say it, out of fear of change. The promise of more powers was to sway the undecided or even to a lesser extent the yes supporters. We now have a guy negotiating said powers that doesn't want too many. He is now being touted as a viable leader of the Scottish Labour Party. Is it just me? I must come from a different universe. Who is it that votes for those people?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Change isn't always for the better.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus

For good or bad it was our call to make. We deserved an open and honest referendum.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

For good or bad it was our call to make. We deserved an open and honest referendum.

I thought you got one - a yes or no answer. The referendum had more voters involved than any other vote for 60 years - who was not open and honest?

Sheesh, if you had got a Yes win you would now be crowing at the No voters - aren't you above that kind of thing?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I thought you got one - a yes or no answer. The referendum had more voters involved than any other vote for 60 years - who was not open and honest?

Sheesh, if you had got a Yes win you would now be crowing at the No voters - aren't you above that kind of thing?

I wouldn't be crowing at anyone. In all honesty I think if we had voted yes we would still be dealing with the violence from the unionists. But that's a different issue.

The media spin, fear campaign, etc, wasn't open or honest. It is what it is and I can only call it as I see it. You are too uptight about it, why not view that as an opportunity for introspection.

It's all good.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I wouldn't be crowing at anyone. In all honesty I think if we had voted yes we would still be dealing with the violence from the unionists. But that's a different issue.

The media spin, fear campaign, etc, wasn't open or honest. It is what it is and I can only call it as I see it. You are too uptight about it, why not view that as an opportunity for introspection.

It's all good.

Honestly I'm not uptight, at the end of the day this referendum had little to do with me or my life. If I make a few comments in threads such as these there are two reasons...

So many threads on ATS are North American centric so it's nice to discuss more local things.

I like to challenge when people hold their own opinion as a fact rather than what it is - their opinion.

I saw bias on both sides, take a look at the actual OP of this thread which basically castigates people for having a different opinion to that of the person who started the thread because they thought differently.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

There was bias from both sides, I can accept that although it is not so easy for me to discern. The issue really is about the mainstream media, perhaps not so much in the debates but in the news and newspapers. We here on ATS are happy to condemn the MSM in places like the USA and yet when it comes down to our own outlets on this issue there is nothing to see.

I always think you are spoiling for a fight...perhaps not with me though.

Regards Midicon

edit on 17-10-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

There was bias from both sides, I can accept that although it is not so easy for me to discern. The issue really is about the mainstream media, perhaps not so much in the debates but in the news and newspapers. We here on ATS are happy to condemn the MSM in places like the USA and yet when it comes down to our own outlets on this issue there is nothing to see.

I always think you are spoiling for a fight...perhaps not with me though.

Regards Midicon

I'm honestly not spoiling for a fight with anyone, least of all you midicon who has kept a steady head throughout what I guess for you was a momentous event. Always spoiling for a debate though, but that's a different thing.

Regards,
Someone who isn't committed

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
As a great researcher said:

We all learned some useful things from the Scottish Independence Vote:

1. Buckingham Palace rig elections
2. Votes going against the palace's wishes are thrown in the bin
3. 'YES' votes were deliberately put in, and counted as, 'No' votes
4. The SNP can't be trusted
5. The petitions asking for recounts were ignored
6. The election put rules in place blocking any recount even before the ballot had taken place

and finally, the most important lesson is; The 'YES' vote - for making Scotland a completely independent nation clearly was THE MOST POPULAR OPTION...

However, the election was fixed - and it looks as though the Scottish Police 'investigation' is a hoax.

Do I agree with that? YES I do. Who runs the Police? The Monarchy. Does anyone else think that a Royal owned and run Police Force would ever investigate an election rigging by their bosses??

No chance in hell!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tedgoat

Which great researcher?

Any links?

Indeed.

No they don't - the majority of them are inbred half wits who couldn't rig a fishing rod let alone something as public and important as the recent referendum.

Unproven.

Were they?
Intentionally or by mistake?
And if so, was it on such a scale that it would have influenced the outcome of the vote?

Agreed.
But neither can any other political party.

So it would seem.
Did they have any legal standing?

6. The election put rules in place blocking any recount even before the ballot had taken place

The vast majority of the rules surrounding the referendum were put in place by Holyrood and the SNP and by extension Salmond, Sturgeon et al.

If, and its a massive IF, there has been any vote rigging I suggest you point your finger in that direction - Devo Max was always Salmond's preferred option.

and finally, the most important lesson is; The 'YES' vote - for making Scotland a completely independent nation clearly was THE MOST POPULAR OPTION...

Just how do you come to that conclusion?

Seems to me there is a lot of people who simply can't accept that the vote went against their wishes.

However, the election was fixed -....

Proof?

.....and it looks as though the Scottish Police 'investigation' is a hoax.

Why?
Because their 'investigation' may show that there was no substantial vote rigging - that wouldn't do would it, doesn't fit in with your set in stone pre-conceived opinion.

Do you realise just how many people would have to have been involved and complicit in any large scale attempt to fix the referendum?
It would be almost impossible to keep such a thing quiet.....and anyone with even the slightest amount of common sense would realise that.

Not everything is a conspiracy!

Do I agree with that? YES I do. Who runs the Police? The Monarchy.

The Monarchy runs the Police?
I doubt it - the people with the real power and control are far more nefarious and clandestine than The Monarchy which is under immense public scrutiny.

Does anyone else think that a Royal owned and run Police Force would ever investigate an election rigging by their bosses??

See the above.

The debate, referendum and subsequent discussions and statements have raised many questions about the UK's electoral and parliamentary procedures, the conduct and integrity of our politicians - of ALL parties - and even the very nature of our society.
There has been a multitude of empty promises and political double talk.
I personally think that the politicians have come out of the referendum viewed with even more contempt than they were previously perceived.

But has there been any vote rigging?

To be honest I've got to say that given all the evidence available the answer is a most definite NO.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

No they don't - the majority of them are inbred half wits who couldn't rig a fishing rod let alone something as public and important as the recent referendum.
a reply to: Freeborn

LOL..............That is my quote of the day so far on ATS.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Yes but it a well known fact that queen runs a cabal that rules the world along with "The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!".
She may also be an alien lizard.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tedgoat

However, the election was fixed - and it looks as though the Scottish Police 'investigation' is a hoax.

Do I agree with that? YES I do. Who runs the Police? The Monarchy. Does anyone else think that a Royal owned and run Police Force would ever investigate an election rigging by their bosses??

No chance in hell!

Look I voted YES but I do not think it was rigged. Information biased for sure. But the election itself no. The UK system of voting, ballot numbering, cross referenced, counting and observed by all parties makes it very difficult to fiddle. At best somebody could fill in postal ballots for non voters (they have tried and were caught).

Have you ever been to a count ? I have . It would require a huge number of people to fiddle an election at all stages and for nobody to spill the beans with an anonymous email. Don't forget the counters are not appointed by central government but are volunteers from the local community. Damned difficult to insert government conspirators without anybody noticing !!!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is my final say in this thread like it or lump it.

The vote was Rigged in favour of a No Vote. How did they do this..?

By Psy Ops on the people of Scotland by the main stream media and Westminster....Nothing more nothing less.

The BBC should hang their heads in shame as should The Mirror Group. Gordon Brown has shown his true colours and it's not Red.

Goodbye.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
This is my final say in this thread like it or lump it.

The vote was Rigged in favour of a No Vote. How did they do this..?

By Psy Ops on the people of Scotland by the main stream media and Westminster....Nothing more nothing less.

The BBC should hang their heads in shame as should The Mirror Group. Gordon Brown has shown his true colours and it's not Red.

Goodbye.

No the problem was that the YES voters thought they were going to win in the days before because of polls done, now I know MANY no voters when asked on the street said they would vote yes because they felt intimidated and looking at the aftermath it's easy to see why!

YOU didn't get it just accept it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008
Which aftermath are you referring to the violent attack on yes campaigners by pro union scum? Or the rapid back tracking on more powers for the Scottish parlinent?
Probably worth knowing that most polls not conducted by people with clipboards on the street so why would people be intimidated give honest answers.
The final result was almost exactly what the polls predicted.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join