It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charged For Desecration Of Jesus Statue?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I think if I were the judge, I'd offer him a choice between 6 months in juvie and a $10K fine. Let the parents work it out from there. How they behave once the sentence is passed would depend on how much of it I'd be willing to suspend.

6 months and 10 grand?

what a load

lets make sure the kid has a criminal record at 14 and oh yeah, since he is 14 and dont have 10 grand, lets make the parents come out of their pocket..
you really dont think that is excessive?

be honest now

do you feel this way cause it was a statue of jesus? i mean if the kid did this to a statue of say paul bunion you would still think thats a just punishment?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

edit*

double post
edit on 17-9-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

I think if I were the judge, I'd offer him a choice between 6 months in juvie and a $10K fine. Let the parents work it out from there. How they behave once the sentence is passed would depend on how much of it I'd be willing to suspend.

6 months and 10 grand?

what a load

lets make sure the kid has a criminal record at 14 and oh yeah, since he is 14 and dont have 10 grand, lets make the parents come out of their pocket..
you really dont think that is excessive?

be honest now

do you feel this way cause it was a statue of jesus? i mean if the kid did this to a statue of say paul bunion you would still think thats a just punishment?

The word from your post that sticks out at me me is "excessive." Apply that critical thinking to the actions of the kid. His action offended (and was intended to offend) an entire segment of a community. I guess the act itself failed to garner enough attention for himself, so he goes and publishes it on social media ... and there it's had its intended effect.

Here's the rub. Do you think he would have struck such a pose right in front of the members of that church? Because ... I don't think so.

And somebody would be offended if he did the same to a statue of Paul Bunyon, or even his ox, FTM. If this case gets its day in court we'll have to see how the entire event is judged. We'll have to see if the law remains viable or if it has become archaic.

Imagine this kid thirty years from now. He remembers what he got away with in his youth. But, this time, he's your daughter's employer. That's the thinking that's going to go on. And, he's apt to be punished by a judge in good standing who'll be taking the matter under consideration. This is what's stuck in the back of the minds of everyone opposed to this case going forward. It is a case of morality, but so are the actions of a boss who wants to put a female employee in the position of that statue. See?

And as for the record of that kid ... well ... you reap what you sow. At least it'll be sealed when he becomes an adult. The picture's probably going to be associated with him a lot longer. And a 'stiff' penalty ... I'm sure that'd help everyone 'see the light.'

-Cheers

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
here is a woman 'desecrating' a ronald mcdonald statue.
hopefully she gets at least 6 months in jail and a 10k fine

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

that is good to hear, doc

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: marg6043

I'm just glad he isn't one of mine!

well, one of mine brought a tombstone home, when I found it in his room I freaked out, made my husband take it back, he took it to the wrong cemetery, my life is strange

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

30 years from now im supposed to care if my daughters boss face raped a rock?
i can assure you that i dont care about that.
why would i care in 30 years when right now i think it is funny.

maybe he wouldnt have struck the pose in front of the members cause it would have offended them and he only wanted to be funny... ever think of that?

i think youre blowing it way out of proportion here.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: marg6043

I'm just glad he isn't one of mine!

well, one of mine brought a tombstone home, when I found it in his room I freaked out, made my husband take it back, he took it to the wrong cemetery, my life is strange

hahahahahaah... thats funny too.
that seems a bit much as it is actual theft of property.....funny though

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Really? I'm just expressing my thoughts on the matter from one perspective. Maybe you should go back and read them in their entirety.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

a reply to: CardiffGiant

Really? I'm just expressing my thoughts on the matter from one perspective. Maybe you should go back and read them in their entirety.

dont need to. im expressing my thoughts as well.
i THINK youre blowing it out of proportion

^^^^my thoughts

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

Yes because a living person and a statue are so much alike. I say if she lets ya go for it and if she lets you it isn't going to cause a stir.

Maybe he can say the statue didn't have a problem with it or better yet he heard a message from god telling him to do it.

So, the 14 year old wouldn't have a problem with it then? Unless he venerates his mother ...

I mean, who cares how he feels? But to "play along" with your line of thinking ... a life sized picture of his mother would do.

You do realize you are talking about a 14 year old here. His friends have probably already done that because teenagers will do anything they can to belittle each other for a laugh.

Oh, I absolutely know we are talking about a 14 year old.

So .. anyways, my question was ... it would be perfectly OK to pose that way with his mom wouldn't it?

Grimpachi already pointed out to you that someone's mother (a real person) is VASTLY different than a statue. For one, you don't need permission from a statue to do what was done in the OP. Someone's mother would have to be forced or agree to such an act. If she agreed, then she is complicit and the son shouldn't be getting upset. So you are comparing apples to oranges here because you want to be offended that someone desecrated a stupid statue.

As I pointed out .. twice, you still haven't answered my very simple question.

That 14 year old wouldn't be offended in any way at all if I took a life sized photo, wax doll, statue, of his mother and posed in the same exact stance?

In other words, I would take a photograph, of my self, face raping his mother's likeness - be it a life sized photograph of his mother, a wax doll, or a statue. Neither of those three items will be harmed. I promise.

Also, I don't believe he has a real mother - if that makes a difference.

edit on 18-9-2014 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

I'm guessing maybe the church wants him charged.
Second....

Well this Is what happens when you take prayer.....and other things.....out of the closet.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

That 14 year old wouldn't be offended in any way at all if I took a life sized photo, wax doll, statue, of his mother and posed in the same exact stance?

In other words, I would take a photograph, of my self, face raping his mother's likeness - be it a life sized photograph of his mother, a wax doll, or a statue. Neither of those three items will be harmed. I promise.

I'm sure he would be offended, but what would he be able to do about it? He could try to hit you, but that's illegal. It's not like he could sue you or anything. Well he may be able to get you on some sort of defamation of character charge since you would be defaming a real person and Jesus isn't a real person (and if he is, he doesn't look like that statue). Most likely though, all he'd be able to do is fume. So in the end it would just be petty revenge; you'd get your revenge and we'd all be a little worse off for you stooping down to his level, ie the level of a 14 year old. Congrats.

Though I would like to say that I would feel just as indifferent about the whole situation as I do about the situation in the OP.

Also, I don't believe he has a real mother - if that makes a difference.

Well that's a terrible assumption to make about him. How do you know he didn't get grounded or yelled at by his parents when he got home? Even the best behaved kids do REALLY dumb things and get into trouble. Characterizing someone's mother or parents based on the actions of the child can only be done after MANY repeat offenses. One stupid action isn't indicative of bad parenting.
edit on 18-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

LOL if you want an image of yourself face raping a 14 yr old boys mother going viral, knock yourself out. You might be free from prosecution and the boy's ego would probably take a hit but what about you? What kind of message would you send neighbors, employers/co-workers, your children's classmates/teachers etc.?

Most likely this was a stupid spur of the moment immature display/dare. Your example is a self-indulgent premeditated act performed by an adult. That's not how I want myself portrayed on the WWW no matter what the cause. There's healthier more mature ways for adults to express themselves.

If my neighbor posted a pic of him face raping a 14 yr old boy's mom for the world to see, I'd think he was a sick twist/give him a wide berth and would probably want to move.

The better solution would be for the boy to stand before the congregation/community and apologize. It would be embarrassing but he'd learn there's repercussions in life even for stupid jokes. It would never occur to me to post a pic of myself engaging in a pseudo sex act with someone's mom. That's just bizarre and as immature as what this kid did. Not sure what it would teach or say about me. Be the example.
edit on 9-18-2014 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
still wondering opinions on the girl desecrating the ronald mcdonald statue. i posted a pic

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory

LOL if you want an image of yourself face raping a 14 yr old boys mother going viral, knock yourself out. You might be free from prosecution and the boy's ego would probably take a hit but what about you? What kind of message would you send neighbors, employers/co-workers, your children's classmates/teachers etc.?

Most likely this was a stupid spur of the moment immature display/dare. Your example is a self-indulgent premeditated act performed by an adult. That's not how I want myself portrayed on the WWW no matter what the cause. There's healthier more mature ways for adults to express themselves.

If my neighbor posted a pic of him face raping a 14 yr old boy's mom for the world to see, I'd think he was a sick twist/give him a wide berth and would probably want to move.

The better solution would be for the boy to stand before the congregation/community and apologize. It would be embarrassing but he'd learn there's repercussions in life even for stupid jokes. It would never occur to me to post a pic of myself engaging in a pseudo sex act with someone's mom. That's just bizarre and as immature as what this kid did. Not sure what it would teach or say about me. Be the example.

I asked a simple yes/no question .. not your psychoanalytic answer.

But thanks. So the answer - through all that gobblety gook was essentially "Yes, the 14 year old would be offended if someone posed in a face raping posture with a likeness of his mother".

How do you know? Are you making an assumption there? Just because I venerate my own mother, and I actually respect women in general, that does not mean this 14 year old does the same.

What he did, was defecated on the venerable beliefs of an entire religion. People got offended, and it seems there are a few folks here who thought it was funny.

Nope - you do not get a free pass here - this is a grievous insult and the "immature innocent 14 year old" should do time.

I would feel the same way if he had done this to a statue of Buddha, or a George Washington monument, or a totem pole on an Indian mound ....
edit on 19-9-2014 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer
I really hope you offend someone and do time for it lol. What a joke.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

What he did, was defecated on the venerable beliefs of an entire religion. People got offended, and it seems there are a few folks here who thought it was funny.

Nope - you do not get a free pass here - this is a grievous insult and the "immature innocent 14 year old" should do time.

I would feel the same way if he had done this to a statue of Buddha, or a George Washington monument, or a totem pole on an Indian mound ....

now we should jail people cause they offended others? ha
you offend me cause of your beliefs.......please report to the nearest correctional facility....

to your last part. i simply dont believe you. i think youre flat out lying.

how much time should this girl get?

and this person

FILL UP THE JAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

seems ronald is a lucky guy

all these pictures should tell you that this whole desecration thing is a load of crap. what all these people are doing to this ronald mcdonald statue are on the same level as what the kid did to the jesus rock.
its called trying to be funny. stop being so uptight.

on a side note. maybe i should have been ronald mcdonald. seems like a popular guy

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
at this rate we are not going to have any empty jails

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
and to finish off my point

----------------------------

that should get the point across.
its funny how some can look at the OP pic and see desecration and a display of low morals.

i look at it and laugh. i see comedy. someone trying to loosen up and be funny.

i say way to go kid. never know. he may be the next lenny bruce or robin williams.
knocking down barriers and wiping out taboos.

i am very curious to see what you people think about the pics i posted.
should those people face jail time and monetary fines too? if not, why
do they have low morals too?

i have a feeling though it wont be an issue cause its jesus.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join