It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charged For Desecration Of Jesus Statue?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is a waste of time and money. Isn't there real crime to chase.

My attorney already has the archived posts from this thread.

This is just lame BS. Passive aggressive treat?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I agree but I'm not sure how passive it would be if a group of like minded individuals got hold of this kid.

It's both bizarre and a little terrifying the extent people are willing to go in extracting their pound of flesh.

I looked at CardiffGiant's hilarious pics of people "posing" with statues. They look like normal fun loving people with no evil intent, no different than the kid.

I grew up Christian. If I had shown this pic to my old grandma she'd think the boy was playing leap frog with Jesus. That's just how her mind worked. If I suggested otherwise she'd think I was sick, wash my mouth out with soap.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

at least someone looked at the pics.
all those evil people...
hahaha

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

We cracked up, thanks for the comic relief.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Grimpachi
Bahahahaha that attorney bit must have been posted after I read it. Hillarious

isnt it hilarious.
i posted something else(not really of value) but it got deleted.
people get so bunged up....

i wonder who is going to represent him.

lt daniel kaffee maybe?

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

##SNIPPED##
As for me, it is my job to teach my children to respect other people, and their religious, or non-religious beliefs, and to not inflame, incite or evoke negative reactions from them. If they disagree with a tenet of faith, they will be taught to convey their disagreement respectfully. If they show disrespect, and are arrested for participating in a crude display of contempt - then they are not getting encouragement from mom and dad to continue in such a display.

They will not be the kids traveling Europe shouting "your country sucks!! USA! USA!"

edit on Sat Sep 20 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Generally I can't be assed to be this type of dork, but hey...you know, the catholic church down the street has a pretty nice statue of mary...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

awesome for you. want a cookie?

its my job to teach my children that religion/jesus/the man in the sky is nothing but hokum.
its my job to make sure that they dont get sucked into the trap of believing that garbage.
its my job to keep them away from the 'tenents of faith'

if i can have a little fun along the way thats for the better

see i like to laugh. i laugh when i think things are funny. what this kid did to the jesus rock is really funny to me.

he didnt destroy the rock. he didnt steal it. he didnt ruin it in some way. he didnt break into a building and destroy property to ride the rocks face. he did something he thought was funny. nothing more.
just like all the people in the dozens of pics i posted which of course only got one response but i suspect thats because those pics were not of a fake jesus.

its all fine and dandy until you bring ole JC into it.

if i were in the car and i saw someone doing something funny to a statue or jesus i would 100% make sure my wife and daughter got a look too.

the only reason people are upset is because it was a statue of jesus. they can disguise that with all the argument and debate they want but i wont believe it.

not a single person has made a negative comment about the other pics and i suspected that would be the case.

edit on Sat Sep 20 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What a pig. I hope he gets the maximum punishment.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
while we are at it.
some other things i think are funny

raptor jesus is great

buddy christ is awesome

love me some flying speghetti monster

anytime i can get a laugh i try to.
that kid didnt hurt a single person. not his fault people are uptight and cant handle it

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce
What a pig. I hope he gets the maximum punishment.

No you don't.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer My attorney already has the archived posts from this thread.

Bahahaaaahahahahaha! This is the internet buddy hahahaaahaha, Oh goodness I think I am going to piss my pants!

I thought the, "my uncle is a lawyer" thing was meant to be left in the school playground.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

HAHAHA love the contributions. I'm glad I came back to check this thread.

I also love how delusional some folks on this thread are.

Separation of church and state.
Freedom of speech
enough said

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer My attorney already has the archived posts from this thread.

Bahahaaaahahahahaha! This is the internet buddy hahahaaahaha, Oh goodness I think I am going to piss my pants!

I thought the, "my uncle is a lawyer" thing was meant to be left in the school playground.

While you are pissing your pants laughing - you made a statement earlier that I have to disagree with you on. You said something to the effect that this was "free speech" and that freedom should be protected over sensibilities. You then compared this action with "burning the flag".

Congratulations, you sound almost smart.

No, this punk was not practicing "free speech". And no, you are not quite in the realm of us "smarty pants" (but do keep trying).

You absolutely have no right to walk over to your neighbors house, grab his flag off his front porch, then burn it on his front lawn. But .. if you honestly feel you do have this right, then please, by all means go and do it. Encourage other people to do it too. And when your pissed off neighbor has you arrested, you can then claim you have been discriminated against, and that your contempt of the law equates to you being above the law.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
edit on 21-9-2014 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

Nope, you've mistaken me with somebody else.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I agree there shouldn't be a law specifically banning doing stuff with a religious statue. But where was this statue? Is there not at least trespassing or something else involved? I guess not since there are no charges mentioned. I know that if I went into my yard and caught someone doing this to a sculpture I owned I would be pretty upset simply because they were on my property and could have damaged my property...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This place is a goddamn joke, warn away mods. Sick #s like this other guy need to be taken care of.

Have fun encouraging his kind, it seems this site LOVES bull# while they sponsor some joke "anti-BS" youtube videos.

Seriously, this place is a joke. Zero credibility.
edit on 21-9-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
This place is a goddamn joke, warn away mods. Sick #s like this other guy need to be taken care of.

Have fun encouraging his kind, it seems this site LOVES bull# while they sponsor some joke "anti-BS" youtube videos.

Seriously, this place is a joke. Zero credibility.

someone is super mad that jesus is being made fun of even though jesus isnt real......

i bet if some statue of an atheist extrodanare got 'desecrated' you would not be all boo hoo

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think it's a matter of respect. The act isn't funny. It's lewd and very childish.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Disrespect shouldn't be unlawful, though.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: Spruce

Disrespect shouldn't be unlawful, though.

it was a joke and there was no victim.
the best kinds of jokes/gas/pranks are when there are no victims.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join