It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS behead British hostage David Haines, threatens another British hostage with beheading.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Has to be one of the finest moments for our top notch regiment

www.sasspecialairservice.com...

No casualties and fierce hand to hand fighting

The battle hardened NCOs comment after the cave fight is so fitting for the battle they had just had

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: KingIcarus
The thing that annoys me about threads like this just how eager people are to be the first to 'see through it' by calling false flag. Unless you're deluded enough to believe groups like IS don't actually exist, there is - in reality - very little reason to fake these videos.

All available evidence suggests that IS are committing extraordinary crimes across swathes of the ME. Given the simple barbarity of their actions, falsley making out a few US/British prisoners are being beheaded does very little to further Western public support for action - the fact IS are behaving in a manner scarcely seen since the Nazis is doing that all on it's own. As a Brit, I'm very sorry indeed that a British citizen has been executed, but that concern is trumped significantly by the thousands of innocent people already left in IS' wake.

"But the PTB want a war."

Yes. Yes they do. They want a war to put the genie back in the bottle. IS is the birds of over a decade of Western foreign policy mistakes coming home to roost - the fact that Western Muslims like Jihadi John have taken up arms proves this. They want a war because it might well be the best opportunity to crush this before it spirals out of control and arrives at the West's borders.

As for the video, I'm increasingly thinking all these hostages were executed on the same day and they're just feeding it piecemeal. The US/UK won't pay the ransoms so the value of these hostages became political rather than financial, I'm afraid to say. It would make perfect sense to kill them all and move on from the location given the intense scrutiny these acts understandably generate from the West's security services - cowards like that haven't got the balls to stay around when the SEALS/SAS turn up, because it won't end prettily.

The Taliban fought the SAS in hand to hand combat in tora bora (however you spell it) and one of the SAS members in charge said they were brave fighters who would attack them with tooth and nail if they had no ammo :-/ the Taliban were just as barbaric to their enemies and had many beheading videos.

You think that when special forces turn up they all grab human shields or run?

Hell,even in that prison complex in Afganistan when they were chained by ankles and wrists they managed to other throw the guards and rip out the CIA officers throat there with their teeth before our SF took high positions and got the prison back

There not cowards their barbaric and have no emotions when it comes to killing

No coward goes to war,they know they can die on the battle field as do our own brave soldiers

Our troops have a code of conduct and morality and that's what seperates us from these savage killers

A whole lot separates us from these savages, they're subhuman in my opinion. Humanity to me implies that you have a certain level of awareness of the people around you and the impact your actions have on them, a sense of morality in general as a society. Sure, we have bad apples and mentally ill folk in the US, but they widespread primitive and animal like behavior these creatures demonstrate is the norm for them. They aren't just like us, and I am positive the world would be vastly better if they didn't exist. Is it up to us to make this happen? I don't think it is... UNTIL they start directly having a negative effect on our way of life and start turning the barbarism towards us. I beleive the appeasement phase is over, at least for me. Wipe this cancer from the earth and wipe our hands clean of the job.
edit on 14-9-2014 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

I'm not saying anything of the sort. I'm saying that I think it's very likely indeed that these videos are completely genuine and fronted by a jihadist British national. In fact, I think it's very likely that this is why the videos cut away - because this 'Jihadi John' wanker isn't actually the executioner - he's just been selected to 'front' the videos because it's obviously more shocking for a Brit to be seen to be involved.

Either that, or his English is just better I guess.

Anyhow, my point is that I don't think there's any reason for these videos to be fake. IS are committing enough barbarity outside of these beheadings to raise Western support for intervention, and it seems almost certain that they would execute Western hostages if they no longer thought a ransom would be paid.

This said, I don't think these videos tell the whole story - but the narrative being presented is IS', not the West's.
edit on 14-9-2014 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I agree we should take them out of the picture and at the same time do the same to their funders no matter what country they come from or what position in power they hold

In funding this group they have allowed innocent civilians of all ages to be murdered,so they have blood on their hands and are part responsible for these crimes

The trouble is we will be arming the FSA who are fighting Assads army and some in the FSA have ties to ISIS

Dropping bombs on ISIS will just reduce their numbers what we realy need is elimination and snatch and grab missions to extract information and cripple them for good

We should put the fear of god into anyone who funds them,and if we find them they will get the same treatment as an enemy on the field of combat with a weapon in his hand

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
People need to stop referring to that "Jihadi John" as British. He may very well have been raised here, he may have a British accent (well, London accent)....but the second he left to fight with IS, he lost all rights to be British, I certainly don't recognise him as British.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

None of us do, but he (presumably, tbf) remains a British national.

He can go to hell and take the rest of them with him, but whether he deserves to be called British or not - it's hugely concerning that several hundred nationals have headed off to fight.

For as long as he holds a British passport, he could get a bus to Ankara tomorrow and be on a flight back to the UK the same day. Chances are, we'd be none the wiser either.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

If he does come back, hopefully the residents of the council estate he will probably live on find out before the police do, mob mentality can sometimes have its perks.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
People need to stop referring to that "Jihadi John" as British. He may very well have been raised here, he may have a British accent (well, London accent)....but the second he left to fight with IS, he lost all rights to be British, I certainly don't recognise him as British.

You may not feel he is deserving of being your countrymen, I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but regardless it doesn't change reality. By that I mean he sure sounds British, security and intelligence officers think he's British, and it's an integral aspect of the narrative. What should people refer to him as that would convey the same thing and not bother you? Genuine question.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

People who committed treason were no longer allowed to call themselves a citizen of whichever country, I think that applies here.

It does offend me that people see him as British, because, apart from the seriously mentally ill, no true Brit would behave in this manner, and from what I can gather, this guy isn't mentally ill, he is acting in accordance with his warped religious beliefs.

I have seen some pretty nasty people in my time in this country, but cutting of an innocent, decent mans head in the name of God to warn their enemies is something even the most nastiest of individuals in this country would not think of doing.

But yeah, the warning was to the USA and Britain, therefore he is fighting against Britain, and the crown, therefore treason, therefore he has given up his rights to be called British.

edit on 14/9/14 by woogleuk because: Damn Auto-erect!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The trouble is I think the government know about a lot of people who have gone over to Syria to fight Assad and they would have joined the FSA-wasn't long ago a British national FSA member was captured by Assads forces and he committed suicide in captivity

Think they turned a blind eye to these people going over there as they were fighting for the opposition with the intentions of removing the current government in Syria

Now,with some elements of the FSA with ties to ISIS they must be pretty concerned with the numbers of British people going out there to fight!

Obviously this country doesn't want any of the fighters back ,and if they feel that strongly about another country over this country then they should stay there!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
a reply to: dr1234

People who committed treason were no longer allowed to call themselves a citizen of whichever country, I think that applies here.

It does offend me that people see him as British, because, apart from the seriously mentally ill, no true Brit would behave in this manner, and from what I can gather, this guy isn't mentally ill, he is acting in accordance with his warped religious beliefs.

I have seen some pretty nasty people in my time in this country, but cutting of an innocent, decent mans head in the name of God to warn their enemies is something event the most nastiest of individuals in this country would not think of doing.

But yeah, the warning was to the USA and Britain, therefore he is fighting against Britain, and the crown, therefore treason, therefore he has given up his rights to be called British.

Amen! I am floored everytime I hear someone say they are worried about what " they" might do when they come home.

I'm like "come home"! What do mean "come home"? These folks should not be allowed back. It will take some legislation to accomplish this.......... but they can get on with it as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard
I would say were is the video, but even I would not watch it, as its been done before. There is this quote by Sun Tzu, I have quoted it many times, but all war is based on deception. It has always been so, in fact all wars that you know of including the world wars yes they to were based on deception. There have been many many people who have gotten there head cut off for one reason or another by extremists, but in all there have been gunships which have gunned down whole towns mothers fathers and sons like cattle because they were just on the wrong side of town on the wrong day, some years ago I even heard they tested out some new mini nukes in the middle east, supposedly they left little to no radiation traces.

And trust you me waterboarding is not fun, not to mention all the degrading types of tortures that have gone on on all sides, so much so that some may wish they were dead, and they generally end up killing themselfs latter. A great majority of suicides I believe in Britain and even US are by former soldiers. But that is besides the point.

In all plenty of people have died in war or in battle situation, and plenty more will. If ISIS or ISIL would not want anybody to come into the country and disturbing there way of life, or there Muslim roundup power consolidation thing they got going on, because that's what it is, if you watch there videos there killing Muslims and the different groups most of which are different types of Muslims who appose them. Well if they want the west out of there way, I would say there going about it the wrong way.

Look at it this way, if none of these things were publicized then they would have much more free reign in those areas. Its all just a way to tug on those emoticons humans are so prompted of displaying now and again. War is a business, war makes money, some are very rich because of it, and yet none of them would ever be there and present when things go down. These ISIS people are just part of the continuation of a play that has gone on for a long time, you may not have noticed this, but in that particular region this play has gone on the past few hundred years or so. And almost all the problems that exist, were created, both by plan, and by happenstance, or by sheer chance, but mostly by opportunity. The human animal is an opportunistic animal. And in this day were supposed facts and information can be manufactured and fabricated at a moments notice, really who is who?

Its sad that this David Haynes died, but what is he one of thousands who died in recent years in the middle east, and likely one of hundreds who got beheaded in recent months. But that all depends on which way you count it, and look at it, you know the whole Red vs Blue thing. Like I said if none of this were publicized the average American or western or European would even know that a group like ISIS exists or that people got beheaded. There have been plenty of atrocities and even wars, which never happened purely because they were not publicized to the public. Its like that one saying if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it. Does it make a noise?

So what are we to do? I suppose we can go to war for peace again.
That's the trouble about these sort of things, once you start the cycle it basically supports and recreates itself over and over again. And you best intentions down the road would turn into worst intentions, and those that do not die heroes, eventually end up being the bad guys.
edit on 5pmSundaypm142014f0pmSun, 14 Sep 2014 17:35:02 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny
Ya you see. That's what I was talking about earlier. Once you create the situation its like a snowball effect, its all downhill and it gets bigger and bigger. But if that is real, which looks pretty real, then that's murder. I think there going about this whole thing the wrong way, I dont know how it is in Britain. But this just may be a problem of immigration, last I heard you got plenty of people with no jobs and no prospects, and the country and society can not really sustain them, that in itself has created more wars then anything. Its the basis of what the handbook used by military powers and spooks that those in power follow, its like 101 on how to destabilize nations and countries, its really not that hard to do, a little push and most times people give, especially when there is a whole sub-population just looking for an outlet to there frustrations or life plight. And the rest is the snowball effect.

It's no surprise there are people from the US or Britain going to the middle east to fight the good fight, its pretty much expected. I dont know how they do it during the immigration process but I would think they would at least take into the account how many people or how much they can support, and considering i heard most of the native population in Britain or even the US which is what 8x the size of most euro countries is having a hard time even finding a job. Well increasing immigrations by other groups is not likely to help things.

Like the guy in vid sayd, all they want to do is life peacefully under sharia law. In such case most countries should take into account that maybe there is a place and time for all of that, and for that particular lifestyle its in the middle east, just like the religious nutter are mostly down south here in the states. But then again plenty of nutter groups and religions everywhere, here in America we got plenty of them as well, and a lot of them are in politics. So I suppose one illogical irrational believe and religion is as good as another, and if you look at it that way, most countries and nations are not that different. They share one thing in common at least. That one thing being, there all unsane. But in a world of the unsane the sane man is the odd one out and the real minority.
edit on 5pmSundaypm142014f0pmSun, 14 Sep 2014 17:56:56 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yeah man I mean why can't they be all heroic and fly over with a plane or drone and drop bombs like anyone else! Much braver to kill people that way... Oh and you get to kill more people in one go! So obviously the much better option! How silly do they feel! Weirdos...

Or I guess they could also torture people to death? Take some holiday snaps next to the dead bodies? But I must admit the drones or planes is just much quicker and WAY more heroic! I mean with drones you can use xbox controllers so obviously WAY cooler too!

Who the hell are these noobs? They never played modern warfare or summat? Jeez...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
once again no original footage to observe therefore it didn't happen .....

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The thing that makes me wonder and gives pause for thought...why are these folks that are doing the so called beheading covered up so much you can barely even see that they have eyes. According to their supposed religious beliefs, they think nothing of dying and going to Allah to collect their 72 virgins...then why disguise at all? If they believe in suicide and suicide b*mbings and such then why are they even caring about being recognized? In reality, it could be anybody behind all that garb...any faction...any "merc"...any person from any agency. They could be brown skinned or red or even purple for all we know. All these horrible events seem to have an agenda and a certain time frame of convenience and it is like there is a bigger picture some of us may be missing. We need war with Syria and Iran it seems. Seems we need an unstable ME.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Mate, I am anti war, anti nukes etc etc....but I am saying, bomb these arseholes to hell and back, then bomb them again just for good measure. Sod their "peaceful Islamic state under sharia law", there is no peaceful state, do you even know what sharia law entails? Especially for women?

If I ever met that "Jihadi John", my pacifist way of thinking would come to an abrupt halt, with a 240v live wire, a claw hammer and a rusty spoon.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

Exactly...why are they censoring their own brutality...

Smells fishy to me...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Hey do what you want, I am just saying, this thing is pretty much cemented in concrete. Also there is and never has been any peaceful state in the whole of history, all states have usually had a violent beginning and most of them from Rome to Egypt were started by either gangsters or pirates or slave trader or you name it. Like I said this whole thing is pretty much cemented in concrete, everybody just goes through the motions.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

Also what about all the executions - crucifictions, massacres, beheadings, people being buried alive. Children shot at point blank range, heads on poles.....

Are they fakes? Those videos of massacres on liveleak. Are they fake?

Why fake one and not fake the other?

Occam's razor in this situation suggests all three men have been beheaded. My only doubts about the situation is that I believe all of these men have already been killed on the same day and the videos are being leaked at later dates for maximum impact.

I fear mr-lizard may be right and the hostages may not be alive.Its possible IS wants the world to believe they are in an attempt to ward off air strikes for fear of harming the hostages in the process.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join