It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted! The NFL has had the Rice video since April.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Without the video...

Nobody would give a damn.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

You should see some of the ones from the 50's.

The thing is that the league is taking this very seriously. As they should.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Without the video...

Yes they would. There was no video on the Jon Martin hazing thing but they took that seriously too.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Without the video...

Yes they would. There was no video on the Jon Martin hazing thing but they took that seriously too.

Who would of complained without the video ?

The wife didn't seem to be talking. I didn't see anyone else.

Maybe you're right. I just don't think we hear anything without that tape.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

2 game suspension serious....kind of just a slap for trucking your then fiancé. They only react when there is press. J.Martin made a huge splash in the press.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Umm how about the outrage that he only got two games to begin with?
ESPN was just starting to slow down their coverage of this incident prior to the video emerging and not many felt that rodger got this right.
No one has been satisfied with how this was handled before the video emerged, this just added fuel to the fire.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

The NFL doesn't care about violence against women. They only did this because it became a PR nightmare.

I forget where I was reading that they suspend players for more time for smoking joints than for abusing women. LOL. Great world to be a part of.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This really just confirms what everyone already knew of the NFL, they are for profit and Ray Rice was still a highly valuable asset when he was not concretely damaging to the brand. Now that that has changed, his value does not outweigh that of the PR dilemma they now have on their hands. There are plenty of other examples of this same type of incident in which a player's 'questionable' actions have been more or less swept under the rug when there was an aspect of plausible deniability to that story. Professional athletes are, and should be, held to a higher standard when it comes to things like these because they are celebrities to a degree. When you sign a contract to play a pro sport you also sign up to be an ambassador of the brand meaning their conduct is more intensely scrutinized both by their bosses and the public.

*Slightly off topic but i feel that this movie has some contemporary meaning to what is going on with the constant legal implications of NFL players. I don't wanna embed it because it is kinda off topic. However it's an eye opening look towards both the athletes lifestyles, and a lack of education for not just them but all youth in both the US and CA. Definitely one of the best 30 for 30 videos i've seen.
30 for 30 - Broke

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Busted for what? It is the job of the judicial system to protect and punish and it is not the job of the nfl to enforce any laws unless they choose too.

I bet in a couple yrs when she is broke because we all look to an employer for justice then she will wish the nfl stayed out of all this. Taking away her future is no way to handle this. in the end it is the female that looses because of attention like this and failure of the justice system.

I am saying that other punishments could have been enforced instead of a social media hatchett job. It is not right to hit a lady.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
I heard yesterday the CFL would honour the ban.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

No offense, but I do not really care!

I have had it up to here with Rice.

I am totally full of Rice.

Sick and tired of Rice. Tired of hearing about Rice.

In fact, I will never eat rice again, as a result.

After all...the most important news currently seems to be Rice. While the rest of the world suffers from starvation CNN devotes hours to Rice. HOURS .. gah!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Ha! She was not exactly an angel there... she was getting her hits in. She just didn't have the oomph Rice did.

Both are real class acts, lemme tell ya.

Meanwhile, back to the rice fields for me.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

This really just confirms what everyone already knew of the NFL, they are for profit

Oh damn! I thought they were a religious organization!

DOH!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Wow!! The NFL uses the same spin control tactics as the US government. Whudathunkit?

And they don't have to pay Taxes either, like the other Big Guys.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

That's why i stated that everyone already knew what they were, so this really shouldn't surprise anyone that they had already seen the video. It was a sarcastic statement, just like yours. Although some Americans are quite religious about football, akin to Canadians and our hockey.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

I refuse to support pro or college football.

Hockey? Oh heck yeah! Go Stars!!

Whose your team?

Baseketball can suck my toes. Before I shower, lol.

Baseball used to be a game...now it's just another excuse for overpaying lazy juiced up bums. Great history though...

edit on 10-9-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Well i'm from Edmonton so i'm going to support these bums for one more year and if they end up with another top 5 pick i'm going to consider my options. I like the way Tampa is going. Your Stars are poised to tear it up this year, Seguin and Benn are the definition of hockey players. I think they'll squeeze into that 7/8 playoff spot.

You must certainly be a minority as a Texan who doesn't support football and likes hockey, haha.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
oh yeah that video. hmmm maybe we saw it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
It's not like he just up and knocked her out, out of nowhere without provocation. To me it seemed they were both cocked, and both at fault. There are a lot of people that seem to think it's OK to physically attack a man if it is a women, and the man should just "suck it up, take it like a man."

I have come really close to knocking violent females out before, so I can see that side of it. Had a chick rake my back with her nails once when I was walking away(summer, no shirt on), I turned around and get punched in the face. If the same happened now I probably would knock her out, instead I kicked her in the chest and put her on her fat ass, told her if she touched me again she would be eating out of a straw the next few months. I am not as patient and lenient as I once was lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Well, if what you post is true that doesn't speak very well for black folk and I don't believe it for a minute. I'd beg to argue that most sane people of all races are not a fan of men knocking their girlfriend unconscious whether she was intoxicated or not. His actions were completely inexcusable and there is no defense under the sun that is valid to me.

Also, it's appalling that the focus of this 'news' story is when the NFL had the video and not the crime committed by a sports figure. This guy had a fabulous career he chose to throw away because he couldn't handle his emotions and rage.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join