It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted! The NFL has had the Rice video since April.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I speculated yesterday that the NFL were given a heads up a couple of weeks ago that the video was going to be leaked. That is why Goddell got out in front of the story and announced the league-wide domestic abuse policy.

Well, what do you know.....he lied. I don't think he survives this.

A law enforcement official says he sent a video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee to an NFL executive five months ago, while league executives have insisted they didn't see the violent images until this week.

The person played The Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: "You're right. It's terrible."

The law enforcement official, speaking to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, says he had no further communication with any NFL employee and can't confirm anyone watched the video. The person said they were unauthorized to release the video but shared it unsolicited, because they wanted the NFL to have it before deciding on Rice's punishment.

Link

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Blah, blah and....

...says he had no further communication with any NFL employee and can't confirm anyone watched the video.

What's the point?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Blah, blah and....

...says he had no further communication with any NFL employee and can't confirm anyone watched the video.

What's the point?

Wow!! The NFL uses the same spin control tactics as the US government. Whudathunkit?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Which exec received the video? Did they share it with the rest of the teams staff?

Better question: Who cares what a NFL player does on or off the field?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well, I guess the big deal is that he lied both to the media and in a letter that was received by the 32 owners of NFL franchises today.

Someone has set up ol Roger for a fall.

a reply to: intrepid

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Of course they have..hell the video was posted rught here on Ats MONTHS ago..

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess they now have plausible deniability, pffffffffffffffffffft.

a reply to: sheepslayer247

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
She attacked him twice in the video I saw and she was drunk. Was he wrong ??? Black folk look at things like that differently than white.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The dude's done. He probably couldn't be signed in the CFL. Justice is served.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The NFL will always care more about their image than justice,morality or any group of human beings. Its all about the money. If they try to remove Goodell he will fight it like a tick.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The dude's done. He probably couldn't be signed in the CFL. Justice is served.

Goodell himself was kind of ambiguous on that in the interview he gave leaving the door open. (kinda) But I agree with you for the most part Rice is pretty much done.
edit on 9/10/2014 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Niners DT Ray Macdonald is facing the same charges. Asked straight out if he was convicted would he remain with the team..."Absolutely not." The league isn't screwing around with this issue.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I imagines those persons or friends there of who have been hit or murdered care about off field antics.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Which exec received the video? Did they share it with the rest of the teams staff?

Since NFL teams and the stadiums they play in are largely subsidized with significant taxpayer dollars, it kind of matters.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
But when the public finds out, then its serious. They might as well let him back, since they never intended to fire him in the first place. The NFL is just another political organization I guess.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That would be a politically correct and advantageous statement at this point. Don't you think? The league has his career and life in his hands.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Niners DT Ray Macdonald is facing the same charges. Asked straight out if he was convicted would he remain with the team..."Absolutely not." The league isn't screwing around with this issue.

Macdonald has an active accuser pressing battery. Rice made a pretrial deal that could get his charges completely dismissed as his wife refused charges. That is the only real difference in the two cases from my observation.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yes. The NFL does care a lot about it's image. They should. Their record is better than MLB and NBA. NHL? Well, hosers drink.
This is happening because we let Vick back. He should have NEVER been allowed to play again. Hell, the Niners ditched a probowl QB 20 years ago because he got a DUI. I miss those days.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Her 'attacks' consist of here putting her hand in his face, may have been a slap, after he spits on her outside the elevator and then when he does it again inside the elevator, she gets hit again and then makes a step to him and gets clocked...
He was wrong, you don't knock a woman out when you can clearly take care of it without doing so.
I guess some people do look at things differently, regardless of color.

And I think the NFL will be able to spin this away, he admits he was not authorized to send this when he did.
I bet they can claim that they did not watch it, if they admit they had it, due to legal issues or 'respecting the ongoing investigation'

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I agree. Ray Lewis should have been in jail IMO not MVP so we could make a pretty big list in the time span of a good NHL fight.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join