It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted! The NFL has had the Rice video since April.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
the commissioner should get axed...he got caught up in protecting the 'Brand' (NFL franchise player) from even a hint of serious wrongdoing by the player
The taped incident of domestic violence should have been handed over to police/FBI not shoved away in some dark cubbyhole

What else would this Commissioner overlook, gloss over.... to protect the NFL from bad publicity...
he has proven himself to not be forthright, above reproach or a 'pillar of integrity'...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kicked

I hope the Oilers do well this year...

Expectations are high for the Stars. I honestly think they have increased their position this year and feel they will do much better than last year, barring key injuries.

Now the FBI is investigating the NFL based on when they got the video? Really? Do they have nothing else to do and...AND what law was theoretically violated by the NFL that would interest the FBI?

This just blows my mind...... the whole thing, but specially the FBI involvement.

Is our justice system now totally controlled by the perceptions of the masses and media? Why is the FBI investigating the NFL (not that I have any fondness for the NFL) and not the Rice?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

The NFL is, IMO, historically strong when dealing with off field stuff. I think it's a policy issue more than anything and that became obvious when a player could be suspended a whole season for smoking pot, and then another hits his wife so hard that her head flies three feet into a nearby wall, and he ends up with a two game suspension. They're on their heels in full damage control mode at this point, especially when there was a LEO who is willing to say that the NFL had prior access to the video. Their only move now is to make a honest, proper, and solid policy change that will impact any similar events going forward. All that said, the FBI should definitely have something else on the front burner rather than the investigation of a pro sport league.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

I saw a part of this on the Daily Show last night. Yeah pretty clear cut. Totally busted.
Yet really, when a guy plays well, he can get away with just about anything, to play ball.

Personally I am not a big Sports fan. its a tribal mentality, with men and women alike shouting at their TV's passing the time. Giving people something to talk about around the "water cooler".

Sports are great for some folks. But for people like me. meh. I could take it or leave it.

yet it does not shock me, When these BIG "Men" can beat on women, and get a slap on the wrist.
Such a big tough guy that can punch a woman in the face.

And we pay dirtbags like this millions of dollars!

I have to LOL. I have done SOOO much less and lost jobs over minor offenses.
Its like, right on! Goes to show the world we live in today.

But on the other hand. Who has never screwed up in their life? WE all have at some point. But truth is, when most of us mess up, we lose our families, we lose our jobs, and things come crashing down for some.
Many of us get no 2nd or 3rd chances. These guys get special treatment. But let me tell you this. If he was not a GOOD ball player. They would have kicked his butt to the curb. Lucky for him, he is good at football?

Like I said, not a sports fan, and NOT football. But is Rice like a really good player?
If so, would make sense why they slapped him on the wrist for it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There are a few misconceptions in this thread. One is that the NFL doesn't pay taxes, they do. profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...

Also, the FBI is not investigating the NFL for anything. The NFL hired an EX-FBI employee to do an "independent" investigation. www.usatoday.com...

As far as hitting a woman goes, if she's no danger to doing any damage to you, such as in this Rice case, then there's no reason to hit her like that. He could have easily just grabbed her hands and stopped her from doing anything to him. Now, if it's a rather large woman and you're legitimately concerned about her doing some actual damage, then that's another story. Everyone should be allowed to defend themselves.

But in a case like this one, it's more akin to a teenager beating on a younger child who can't defend their self. Regardless of the color, sex or anything else, beating on someone who can't possibly defend themselves or do any real damage to you is wrong.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Pimpish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

Then you have the lineman who drove drunk with a buddy in his car. Totaled it and killed the buddy. Served a year or 2 and now is ok to rejoin the Cowboys after a period.

This is despicable. Anyone else would have served a decade.

And we are all bent about Rice, but nothing is said about this guy.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I did not know about that one.. Dang. Thanks for bringing that to light. So he is back playing for Cowboys? After drunk driving and KILLING a man!! His friend no less.. Shameful!!

But like I said. I could care less about football. What I do care about is the conduct of these well paid men. Are they not suppose to be role models?
If I made MILLIONS of dollars I would TOE that line. Anyone making that kind of money MUST be held to a really high standard. Not some average standard. Kids, and adults look up to these people. What kind of message is this sending?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Oh, there are plenty of cases that are as bad or worse as the Rice case with little or no suspensions. There have been so many arrests that UT San Diego started a database. www.utsandiego.com...

Some minor, some not so minor. Probably most people have never even heard about most of these arrests.

ETA: The player bbracken is talking about is Josh Brent - www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It's going to be pretty interesting to see what Goodell does about Adrian Peterson now.

www.cnn.com...

There are some pictures out there but I'd prefer to let people find those on their own if they want to, they're pretty disgusting. The pictures were "at least" a week old too...and this was a 4-year-old child.

Adrian Peterson is a much bigger star than Ray Rice, so this will be very interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join