It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Hah! I can tolerate that crap, but my torture is country. There's something about the twangy, nasal sound that comes off like fingernails on a chalk board. But if we're going into the territory or posting painful songs at each other, are does '80s pop do it?

Whenever this comes on up on our playlist, we have to look at each other do the Family Guy lines.

So, feel free to throw country at me. I can take it.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

I just parked my car and my first move was to walk in here. Wow! What a day! If we have a good tequila, I think I'd like one of those. I'm calling my supplier tomorrow to get in some Arturo Fuentes, Cohibas, and a few lesser known labels for those willing to experiment.

What do I have to do to get caught up here? I welcome any ongoing topic. I took a look at some of the threads in this place. Maybe it's just me, but they're sounding more and more outlandish, and just plain stupid, every time I look.

I'm learning that Bush was stupid and completely controlled by others, but everything wrong in the world today is his personal fault. Every president and presidential candidate is completely controlled by some mysterious group, even if they do completely opposite things. It's crystal clear that the world is completely controlled by a small group of people (or Reptilians), but nobody has any evidence, or even a good guess who the controllers are. Also, that the controllers control absolutely everything, but if a few more Americans "Wake up," their reign of terror will end.

Are these people in grade school? Sheesh! Is Hernando's the only place left to find some semblance of reason?

Better make that two tequilas. If the world is going to look completely nuts, I want to be able to blame it on something.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Hi Charles, yeah some of the threads are getting pretty wacky. Jude had a rant about it earlier. Hope you had a good day.

It's crystal clear that the world is completely controlled by a small group of people (or Reptilians), but nobody has any evidence, or even a good guess who the controllers are.

I'd say we have a pretty good idea starting with the Rothschild's. Funny I went to the list of richest people in the world (they've been at it for a few hundred years) and they weren't even on the list. Go figure, guess they don't want the publicity. Wiki says they're way poorer now but I've read they're worth is in the trillions. Not billions like a lot of these wanna be elite but trillions. I'd definitely start with them first as the top evil cabalists.

edit on 230pm2121pm112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Afternoon ...

Well gotta give credit the guy kept up fairly good till about 03:30 when he got up to go to toilet took three steps and fell on his face .. it was after he decided switch to doing shots that led to his downfall .. though discretion winning out told them it was a draw ...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Ha, knew I'd win that bet. Only doubled my money though no one would give me odds.

Nice of you to let your opponent save face like that. Smart too.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Bassago, I don't really want to disagree with you, wait a minute, yes I do. As soon as somebody slips me my third tequila, I'll be ready.

I looked at Forbes' richest in the world list. They say there are over 1600 billionaires world wide. The richest in the world is Carlos Slim at about $84 billion. That's about 1/12 of a trillion. To be worth trillions, they'd have to be at least 24 times richer than the recognized richest man in the world. You're going to have a hard time persuading me that that's the case. I don't believe it at the moment, but I only have limited information. Where did you read their wealth is in the trillions? I'm missing out on some important info.

www.forbes.com...

But leaving all that aside, it was an astonishing day. I met and spoke with the Patriach of the Maronite Christian Church. He's their head cheese. Kiss the ring and everything. (He's addressed as "Your Beatitude.") He had a minimum of eight guys (that I spotted) in his security detail. The stop before this one was at the White House. We had a two hour Maronite Mass. I'd have to write a lot to explain it to you, but it was a huge moment for me. I got his personal blessing. My words are getting scrambled. Maybe it's the tequila, but I don't think so.

Then, a dinner and ball for some leaders of our state organization. Great time, steak, dancing (although I just watched. No date, and I couldn't persuade the waitress to dance with me, even though I looked pretty spiffy in my tux and ribbons.)

But, I bet I missed some great times here, and I need the chance to sit and recover.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Good to hear you at least doubled your money .. pity nobody give odds .. he did quite well keeping up that long most the others with him had passed out by then .. took awhile to get them loaded into taxi and back to their homes .. the ones on duty dropped in a couple times on their rounds to see how the contest was going ..

He earned this one .. luckily they have today off to recover .. when drink with police or yakuza always best let them have face besides builds good faith with both groups as one never knows when may need help or a favour from them ..

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Sounds like great day for you there .. heres another tequila .. though recommend go easy on them ... and make sure you eat not good drink on empty stomache ..

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Give odds on a drinking contest involving you? Don't be silly. It was crazy that he got even money. i would have insisted on at least 3-1. Somebody obviously doesn't know your reputation.

(By the way, do police and yakuza ever drink together? Hey, I'm ignorant, haven't a clue in the world.)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Nah I don't want to argue either regardless of the 11 double Jacks I've had. I was speaking of the entire Rothschild family empire.

As for specific members of the modern family, Sir Evelyn De Rothschild the British financier has a net worth of $20 billion. Jacob Rothschild another British investment banker has a net worth of $50 billion. As a modern day an empire, the family's total net worth and assets combined have been pegged in the $300 – $400 billion range.
link

I've heard and read they are worth a lot more than that but admittedly no one knows, not Forbes or FT or anyone else. That says something right there IMO.

Sounds like you had an impressive day. Why does a clergyman need security or body guards?
edit on 259am2020am122014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Allowing others to save face is important where you are. Most Americans could use a bit of training in that regard. It might help us get along with people a bit better.
edit on 258am3737am122014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Normally they dont drink together .. though theres been a couple times they have - usually after natural disaster or earthquake differences get set aside while everyone helping get things back to normal .. as during such times everyone pulls together for the common good .. I tend to move in strange circles at times ..

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

OK, I get it, thanks. (About the Rothschilds.) As far as a security detail for a clergyman, consider. He is the head of the Maronite Christian denomination. Headquarters in Lebanon, but he has parishioners throughout the Middle East.

Christian. Middle East.

The Pope went to Israel a little while ago. Israel is part of the Maronite territory. He went with the Pope to Israel. (The Patriarch is also a Cardinal.) He insisted that this was purely a religious visit, and in fact, he did not talk to any Israeli officials. He has been under severe attack for even entering Israel. "Severe" attack.

So, he's got Muslims who would like to wipe out his entire Church, opponents who think he should condemn Israel while others see Israel as an ally of Christians. The patriarch has a very tight rope to walk indeed.

Besides, today's venue had no built in security. It's a small suburban church on a fairly busy street. A standing room only service, many unknown people drawn to the event, and the Patriarch greeted everyone who wanted to talk to him. No metal detectors, dogs, or shields. I have no idea how they would have prevented an assassination or suicide bomb attack. Add to that they were within 30 miles of a good source for ISIS recruits, and I would have been a little nervous.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

80's pop isn't so bad, at least they were trying back then

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I see you fell for that multiverse thread as well. You're correct there is no real evidence it even exists though I believe it does. Or at least the parallel universe version of it does. Actually talked about why I strongly believe in this in my intro thread to ATS.

We've had a lot of these type threads lately, someone just blurbing out a question to ATS because they're too lazy to do any research themselves. Easier to get other people to do the work. My new week resolution is that I'm going to ignore all those threads going forward.

edit on 283am1818am122014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hello, Hello, Every One, I'm Home and I Just Wanted To thank Every One For Chartering to Mrs. G.
she told me how much fun you all had and how there's been some good music and dancing and discussions going on.

Thanks You All each and Every one!
The drinks are on me.

It was cold in Old M R, Very Cold, time to warm up my soul.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: guohua
Yeah, i have a special dnace partner and i lost the ability to be the designated driver 3 hours ago.
Beer, it's what's for lunch. Pork chop in a can

Maybe you can introduce her some time, bring her by and we'll set down and have a drink and a ladies chat.
I'm sure the other female members of Hernando's Hideaway would like to met her too.
We could swap beauty secrets or some thing, I bet she's Beautiful,,,,,,,,,

Does she only drink tea? Could I corrupt her? Does she dance? Do you have children?
Have you told her about Hernando's?
Hmmmmmmm

OK, that's enough,,,,,,,,

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
So, You won me some monies today,,,, that was good of you, But I knew it was a Sure Thing!
To many years experience in those seedy bars, bars god knows what was made in the back room,,,,,,,,

But you did good!
How are you feel, have you eat'en?
Have you got a lead for your friend yet on his child?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

I see you fell for that multiverse thread as well. You're correct there is no real evidence it even exists though I believe it does. Or at least the parallel universe version of it does. Actually talked about why I strongly believe in this in my intro thread to ATS.

We've had a lot of these type threads lately, someone just blurbing out a question to ATS because they're too lazy to do any research themselves. Easier to get other people to do the work. My new week resolution is that I'm going to ignore all those threads going forward.

Ha! Multiverses interest me. One of the things that drew me here was the wealth of material for both RPG sessions and for potential writing projects. My husband is currently working on his own role-playing game system, and I'm doing the world building. It's a supers system because he just hasn't found one that floats his boat. He's an old comics junkie.

He's using his numbers know-how to help him construct the mechanics for it, and we're hoping to create one system that supports five slightly different mechanical approaches depending on how you construct your character to give the different flavors of hero a reason for existing beyond just saying I'm this or that for my powers.

But to get back to the idea of multiverses, as a comics world, I decided that what makes psions (psionics) different from the rest is that they are all really sensing different potentialities. That each choice we make could, sometimes does, spawn a new alternate reality which can either spin off on its own for a bit or eventually mate back up with its parent (most minor choices do this otherwise your brain starts to hurt), so if you viewed the multiverse from above, it would look like a tapestry of interwoven pieces of yarn, each one fuzzy or frayed with differing alternate realities fuzzing off a core of densely packed fibers.

For the psion, the further away you get from the specific moment in time, the harder it is to sense with accuracy because the different realities get less and less stable.

Now, imagine trying to wrangle your way through a story where the main character is a psion. After a while of trying make sure you aren't violating anything ... your brain starts to hurt.

OK, so yeah, I actually geeked out a bit there.

Excuse me.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
is there any gambling going on at Hernandos?

what about a friendly card game? Poker anyone?

I brought my jar of .05 cent coins... ready to play.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join