It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US forensic Experts say that movie (foley beheading) was staged.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Not at all, that was a soldier (obviously seen as part of the U.K. government) which in a warzone is a legitimate target, which the guy who commited the crime stated.

Right, like Islamic extremists have the same concept of "legitimate target" as you do, that's real smart.

Foreigners in warzones know the risks, or they should when roaming about someone else's country. And as per expected, because this terrorist may be from London, obviously we should all be scared and worried now hahaha, yeah right. When you have a government who's making enemies because they can't deal with situations properly, then how exactly is this my problem?

Like I said, there's guys in your towns and cities who are prepared to attack another unarmed human being on the street of your capital city in broad daylight and cut his head off.....and you think nobody should be concerned? Again, real smart.

I was unaware of any proliferation in beheadings, they're a regular occurrence in the Middle East.

There has been an increase in the number of beheading videos coming from sources affiliated with IS over the past year.

Couldn't care less, if U.K. nationals choose to fight over there then fine.

Well, I think that if the people that potentially live next door to you, go to school with you, work with you, play football with you etc. are capable of leaving suburbia, travelling to a war zone, and in a short time become cold blooded brutal murderers who have the ability to saw through a defenceless man's neck with a small knife while he struggles for life, and all this on camera!

That's "fine" with you???? No cause for concern here folks, everything is ok.........real smart.

I like to believe the danger isn't to regular folks, the danger is to those that have wronged these terrorist organizations eg. the government.

Total BS.

It depends on who's hands an abductee falls into and what passport they are carrying.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua
a reply to: KingIcarus
I believe that they either cut filming when they did or edited the gruesome part out in order to reach a wider audience.

I dont understand this position.
They didn't need to get a wider audience, once CNN and FOX-NEWS placed it on the breaking news section for a couple of days it had it's wide audience. The internet was going to pick it up and the rest is history.

Its not like the youth on the internet haven't seen something that gruesome before.

Also, ISIS have never shyed away from showing gruesome things. Have you seen their previous video's?
If you have then you'd understand that showing blood shed, brains and blood is all part of their filming prowess.

Why would a fanatical blood thirsty militant group be scared what some fragile person on the internet thinks?

sorry but this position just isn't logical in the scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

How many beheading videos have you watched in their entirety?

This video made the mainstream for many reasons, one of which was the fact that ordinary people who would never venture onto websites like Ogrish or Liveleak could watch it without fear of being subjected to a spectacle that few ever hope to be.

Even so it is still a distressing clip to view.

You need to realise that the majority of people out there are not internet youth. Most ordinary folks(rightly) shy away from watching gore online. IS know this very well, they have many foreign fighters amongst their ranks that are educated in Western schools and colleges, they have a very savvy media 'department'. They know well that the Foley video would receive more views if it was more 'viewer friendly'.

Their(IS) previous gruesome videos have had a much smaller audience, the reasons for this are blatantly obvious. Liveleak even made a decision to remove the Foley video and cease showing IS beheading videos due to the overwhelming amount of traffic they've had over the past week. More ordinary people than ever wanted to watch this, why do you think that is? People who normally would never view this kind of material were open to the idea of viewing the Foley video, why do you think that is? Is it starting to become obvious yet?

IS knew exactly what they were doing when they edited the Foley video that way.

edit on 25-8-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Quite a few (which is how i picked up this was a fake as a cheesy gold watch)
Watching something like that doesn't bother me. I used to go looking for them in the Iraqi days. Has this made me a bad person? nope, im still a 9-5 worker with good friends and great relations.

What im saying is, ISIS dont care how many youtube views this gets. Their movie isnt about reaching a mass audience. You walk along the street and anyone who's anyone will know exactly what your talking about if you say '' Foley '' or ''ISIS beheading ''. You can bet your bottom dollar 99% of them never watched it, gory or not!

The fact is, simply releasing the movie means our western media (queue Murdoch) will plaster it on the prime time news and papers for a week straight. As they did. Just like they did with ISIS other slaughter movies. Just like they did with Saddam's hanging etc. You dont need everyone to watch it, you just need the news papers to say it happened and boom you have a wider audience.

They didn't show the footage because it didn't happen. (now read this, i dont know if he is dead or alive and I dont care)

What I care about, is that this movie is a fake, it has been setup and created deliberately to evoke an emotional response. US Forensics even agree, its FAKE! There were obvious factors in the movie that made it fake from day 1.

On one hand you all say ISIS are incompetent and couldn't cut the head of a barbie doll. on the other they are smart and witty enough to deliberately produce non gory movies for the US world to watch.

This isn't the first FAKE movie ISIS have released. There are many oddities in a few of their videos.
Now read this: I am not saying ISIS are fake, I am not saying its all a conjure of the USA. I'm simply saying, they have used various other FAKE tactics before and this is no different.

Here's a question,

With the movie being decided as FAKE by the US forensic experts, why do you believe the still photo at the end is really Foley?
Apart from the USA Murdoch Media telling you it is, why do you believe it so much?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: ChaosComplex

Maybe the alleged British rapper in the video was unwilling to do the actual beheading himself?... So another did and the Isis video experts took it from there.

But, what the hell do I know....

Could be anything as well...

Good point. That actually sounds viable. I didn't watch the video, although i have seen plenty. Perhaps he started and then lost his gumption or did something embarrasing like puked or cried. IS would not want any weakness like that to be seen.

Does anyone else have a possible reason for the editing?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

So, wouldn't you re-shoot the scene where Foley talks with someone who didn't woos out?
If they are as media savvy as we're being told, surely they could have redone or used another of the takes?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I agree with this assessment, and posted as much in a message that was placed in skunk works claiming it was faked.

I agree that the stills of the corpse prove it was staged, but, he is indeed deceased. The final still proves this fact, along with the way they fade out during the filming.

I disagree with their overall assessment, simply because I saw several stills that were grabs taken immediately prior to the fade, and you can clearly see Mr. Foleys' response of shock and surprise, along with the fact there was blood.

You are welcome to read my post in the skunkworks forum. I explained why, from a medical standpoint, that blood would not be immediately, profoundly visible, before they fade.

I critiqued the entire video, but came to the exact conclusion, and explained in great detail, why.

Head over and check out my post, if you like. It gives a far more in depth explanation of why, and what the desired and intended outcomes were.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I disagree that the video is being censored because of this. I do agree that it is being censored in an effort to not give ISIS the attention they apparently crave. In starving them for attention, by shutting down their twitter and Facebook accounts, it somewhat curbs their ability to recruit.

One of the things I failed to mention was the fact that showing too much to possible Western recruits may actually be a turn off, and affect their ability to recruit. By sanitizing the act, it makes it seem less horrific. Isis, itself, even recognizes the horror behind their activities, and trains people to think it's "fun", or how to detach themselves, mentally.

This information can be found online, so no, I am not making things up. I just am prohibited from linking to those sites, due to graphic images. If anyone truly wants to know more, it can be researched.

This has actually been discussed in reaching the decision on whether or not to censor the images.

The exact same discussion took place in the aftermath of the Pearl video, but the general consensus at the time was that peole should see it, and should understand the raw, unfettered horror that is extremist terror. The public needed to understand what we were up against.

We have been psychologically abused by inumerable images coming from so many locations, Syria, Iraq, Egypt, it was said we have seen enough. We know what a beheading is, and now, instead of showing it anymore, we need to cut off the media circus and not give them the exposure.

Frankly, I have never stood for censorship of any kind. I think if people want to see it, they will find a way. Indeed, the video is still widely available, for those who wish to seek it out.

I do agree, however, that just as when you are on ATS, you agree to behave in a certain manner. Same argument, different sites. These various sites just got together, and after multiple meetings, heated arguments, and a lot of discussing, decided that giving ISIS a mouthpiece any longer was a bad idea, so, they cut the cord.

As I stated, they did not, and cannot, totally eradicate their internet, but, they can put a crimp in their style.

This, this was fine by me. Especially after the beheading, they posted celebratory and congratulatory tweets, images, and general atta boys, welcoming this beast among the most exclusive, publically. They taunted the US, and made fun of it's citizens, that we would attack a country for whatever reason, but could not protect ONE of our own. Sadly, it goes much deeper than that, but most people will never do the research, and know more, and know why.

This was something that needed to be done, IMO, because the people that would do this only for attention, fame, or a name for themselves, would be drawn to this type of thing, and perhaps we would, and still may, start seeing copycats.

However, the backstory is much deeper. ISIS, is in fact, kidnapping dozens and dozens of journalists in particular, and demanding ransoms. France, alone, has paid millions for the return of their journalists. The US, however, seems to want to claim they do not negotiate with terrorists, and refused to pay the ransom. The end result, sadly, was the death of Mr. Foley. Many people have taken an afront with this, particularly after the release of the Gitmo 5. It is believed by many of the top names in our government, past and present, that Obama likeky paid upwards of 5 million dollars cash, along with the Gitmo 5 release.

As has been pointed out, this kadnap/ransom process is largely how ISIS seems to be funding their operations, to begin with.

Regardless of how you feel about the situation in general, it must be agreed on that limiting their exposure, and hence, their ability to recruit, is a good thing.

As with any site online, your right to free speech ends when you digitally sign that user agreement and log on and continue to use the site.

Simply, if you don't like the way someone decorates their house, you don't go over and start telling them what wallpaper you think they should have.

edit on 25-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Presently, only two countries practice beheading as a form of government sanctioned punishment. Theyare Iran, and by far more, Saudi Arabia.

Any other beheadings you hear about are terroristic in origin.

If you feel you have nothing to worry about, you are in for a rude awakening.

Many, many bodies have been found along the US/Mexican border, beheaded. Some have been posed, some hung from interstate overpasses, and in particular, a message is being sent. Apparently, you have not heard it.

Did you see the threats from ISIS to Obama and the Whitehouse?

Did you see the image posted of someone standing outside the Whitehouse with am image of the ISIS flag on their cellphone, promising that soon, it would be done?

How about Ferguson and Michael Brown? Surely, you have heard about that? Did you see what showed up in Ferguson?

Isis here: youtu.be...

See that, behind the CNN reporter? Why, in Ferguson? Wake up, sleepy head.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

With the movie being decided as FAKE by the US forensic experts, why do you believe the still photo at the end is really Foley?
Apart from the USA Murdoch Media telling you it is, why do you believe it so much?

Are you serious?

Did you even bother to read the source you posted?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

I'm wide awake and say there's something amiss however since you think I'm not, I'll make a deal, I'll wake up if you gear up and go kill these guys like the politically aware hero you think you are

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Yes I did, I fail to see your point.

The TV is telling you the still photo at the end is Foley even if the movie was fake.

So, why do you believe it so feverishly?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The forensic "experts" said that the fade out on the video "probably" didn't depict the actual beheading which, for whatever reasons, was done shortly thereafter.

They did not say the video was faked the way you are.

Notice the word "probably"????

You erroneously believe that just because these guys, whoever the f**k they are, say that the clip may not show the actual beheading, that somehow it's been proven as a big hoax.

You're the one who's believing "feverishly", you find an article that doesn't even support your views, yet you're toting it as validation of your convictions, add to that you have repeatedly moaned about being ridiculed on the thread and I'm starting to see you as being a bit butt hurt.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
anyone else thrown off a bit by this interview(and the parents press conference) ..

I know everyone grieves in their own way .. but certain things just seem a bit off .. for example .. at one point, the interviewer says in question form, "and michael, this wasn't the first time your brother had been kidnapped ?" .. the sister lets out a big smile followed by a big chuckle and the brother chuckles as well as if finding that question amusing ..

.. I mean I understand we all grieve differently but that just seemed off as a reaction to such a question, especially given that you now know that your brother was brutally executed .. they chuckle, almost holding back a laugh .. and their overall expressions/reactions seem odd .. could be nothing but just seemed strange ..

edit on 25-8-2014 by dude77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dude77

Brilliant.

Sandy Hook part deux.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Did IS probably want international attention?
Yes, I think so.

Did they get it?
Yes

So they behead an American, use a man with a British accent as the murderer/speaker, and edit the video, so it's less gore like, and more channels will show it.

I really don't think UK or US did this, that's plain crazy.
They (IS) are getting bigger/scarier in numbers and technology wise.

IS- Idiotic Scumbags
edit on 25/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: sorry, fixed spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

The mexican drug cartels are decapitating people to scare people and make them less likely to go against the cartels. This has been ongoing for several years now and has not one thing to do with ISIS.

La Familia: Another Deadly Mexican Syndicate

At the link you will find the source of the problem on the Mexican border.

Also, Yemen and Qatar also have laws allowing decapitation as a punishment for certain capital offenses, however Saudia is the only country out of the 4 who actually does it still.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The death of one journalist, while tragic and horrific by the hands of a terror organization is not justification, however, to go to war.

All threats, foreign & domestic!!!

I'd have to disagree with you respectfully beez...

It's now upto the administration if they feel that this threat is big enough to go to war over...
Back to the Oath... An American has been slaughtered by a foreign threat...

They should uphold the oath...

Otherwise the message they send is only soldiers and political administration are worthy of protection or retribution!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So we have some guy with a British accent in black mask who we are told is supposed to be a member of ISIS in Iraq saying 'drown the USA in blood' or whatever, then a fade out in the video and the actual decapitation is not even shown, even though other ISIS videos show the whole thing.

There are a lot of points about the video which are off and not quite right. The head and body at the end could be fake. The head certainly looks fake to me and where is the neck? There seems to be no neck on the head or the body at the end. Foley looks different, put on weight if it's even the same person?

Then we have what I think are some bizarre reactions from the family. And some are insulted for questioning the whole thing? I don't think anyone can say it's 100% not fake. Or that it's 100% fake but there is certainly a big question mark about the whole thing IMO. All I can say is it could easily be fake and they didn't even show the whole thing after crapping on about drenching the US in blood etc. Oh we want to drown the US in blood but we don't want to show some blood or gore? The whole thing stinks big time.

Everyone knows ISIS are bad MFs and don't have any trouble killing and cutting off heads, so why not just do it and show the whole thing like they have done? I've heard the oh the beheader was inexperienced and messed up. Maybe maybe not. And the oh they wanted a PG rated video for a mass audience. Maybe maybe not. That is just pure speculation and no one knows.

There would be very little doubt if they showed the whole thing. Bottom line is a lot of people can easily see it would not be difficult to fake the whole thing. Oh but it's real. Maybe maybe not but you don't know. My personal view is that since they don't even show the whole thing and there are so many points made about the video which I agree make it seem fake I can't say with any certainty that it is real. To me the video seems more fake than real.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

There are a lot of points about the video which are off and not quite right. The head and body at the end could be fake. The head certainly looks fake to me and where is the neck? There seems to be no neck on the head or the body at the end. Foley looks different, put on weight if it's even the same person?

It's gas the way some people go on about how something like this "looks fake" as if they're around decapitated bodies every day.

If it doesn't look like something in the movies then it must be fake.

Go and look at some images of dead bodies, especially of unfortunate people who have suffered a violent end, the human cadaver assumes an unfamiliar aspect after death has occurred, unfamiliar of course to those who've never been around dead bodies, which is most of us.

The image of Foley at the end of the video looks very real to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I think you're full of BS and until I see evidence of me or fellow citizens being threatened/killed or hurt on this island (the U.K.) then I will re-evaluate my standing because that is how much I trust those in charge over here.

Additionally, the OP line says "staged", that doesn't mean faked, you jumped to that conclusion, not me. And the reason why I think something is wrong is because it's weird how up until a few weeks ago, there was global outrage over Gaza and now we have this crap over the news.

You choose how you want to live but I need evidence before jumping the gun.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join