It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cannabis Conspiracy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:
(post by Biigs removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
The good and bad sides....

CLICK ME

As with everything, handle with care....

This link is pure bs.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

I take it business insider isn't your first choice for scientific information?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
why did i get my post removed?

pot is actually legal in many states, i didnt violate anything.

i expect this will get removed for discussing moderation but it really shouldnt, i broke no rules at all.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I sent my nephew a link to an article about how this effects developing minds. Didn't get a reply, so I sent my nephew asking if I should send this link to my bro in law...

Got a reply that he read the article and he wouldn't kill his brain as often. No law required.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Funnily enough I'd been reading up recently about cannabis oil and it's supposed properties in helping cure people of cancer - I was reading about it because there are 2 people who live opposite me who have both been diagnosed with terminal cancer one is lung cancer, the other is brain cancer.

Anyway they can't get hold of any cannabis oil to try it because of course it's illegal, and the medical world will tell you there is no proof it works, but to my mind I thought what the heck, if you're terminal and there is no hope then you should be able to try ANYTHING you want it should be a simple life choice.

But no, you have to die without being able to try the product of this plant because the plant is illegal.

What a whacky messed up world we live in.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi
I have a digital friend that was misdiagnosed. Needless to say by the time he was properly diagnosed the outlook was not good. His testimony was the Rx made him want to die and what his Dr didn't give him helped him want to live.

Everyone knows someone these days that has cancer effect the ones they love. I really hope something this beneficial becomes legal.

edit on 23-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

Firstly, tobacco by itself is an anti-inflammatory and has been shown to slow the growth of cancer cells. If you wish to make an argument that cannabis is good in a medical sense without additives then in order to make the comparison to tobacco you need to do so with the same condition. Neither substances are bad for you without the additives.

Secondly, due to the way that people smoke cannabis it is worse for you because of the prolonged contact with your lungs. Your argument against cigarettes (the need for one every 30 min) would be a good one if you weren't referring to normal mass produced cigarettes. When somebody rolls there own from pure tobacco, much as people would do with a joint, they generally only "need" one or two a day and even then the "need" is more of a "want" just like in the case of cannabis.

You should educate yourself on the subject a bit more.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

as laws begin to change around cannabis, expect law enforcement, government agencies, prison systems, find a new evil. i predict prescription medicines like hydro-codone and oxycontin to be demonized.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Divin3F3nrus

That's a very good point. However,like most things the public consume. The public purchases things for convenience. The option you listed isn't as readily available or most people aren't willing to do it. I'm told its actually cheaper? Idk... I do know entirely too many people wasting entirely too much money on cigarettes.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

originally posted by: AnuTyr
This plant is not only the key to our freedom, It's also entirely unlikely this plant was formed by nature.

If I'm not mistaking, it is the only plant that you can tell if it is male or female, just by looking at it.
It truly is one of a kind.

The coco de mer palm, not only can you tell the sexes apart by looking, but they even look just like human sex parts!

Coco de mer

And people say God doesn't have a sense of humor!

edit on 23-8-2014 by supermouse because: Link

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye
When I read your posts, all I can do is wonder.. you do realise that people will smoke cannabis regardless of whether or not it is legal right?

The issue of self harm via Substance abuse is irrelevant, people will abuse themselves with any given means and Cannabis is actually one of the safest things you could burn out on.

This is science, this is common sense.

Get on board.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

The same 'doctors' who will tell you that cannabis oil will not work or the same ones that told you Vioxx and other bad medicine that has been recalled is perfectly safe.

There are too many inept doctors who are nothing but peons for Big Pharma. The evidence for many medicinal uses of the plant is overwhelming.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

And now that it is legal in Colorado, it still feels monopolized.

Only particular dispensaries are allowed to grow it for commercial markets.

You need to pay hefty licensing fees and meet all sorts of criteria making it impossible for the average guy to make a living growing marijuana.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It is certainly peaceful growing any kind of plant especially one with so many benefits.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
thing is

cannabis can cause deep depression and anxiety

can cause psychosis

can cause retardation in your normal maturity and growth

can cause severe lack of interest in life

can cause derealisation

can cause HPPD

can cause a myriad of different psychiatric conditions

can cause interest in other hard drugs.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

Another thing is ...it CAN... not it DOES... and the same list or WORSE can be said about alcohol and any number of intoxicants ...

in fact cars CAN cause broken, smeared body syndrome... meteorites COULD hit you at any time... and we all, to the person, WILL die someday,

and a transient relief from day to day stresses like cannibis COULD enable one to avoid a heart attack or cancer and make what life you get worth living... everything is a chance, and making something illegal because some people will abuse it OR get "bad" effects from it is silly.

Another nice thing is that IF people get a bad reaction, then they can stop using it... simple, huh?

(post by alienDNA removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
Exactly it will come down to YOUR choice and YOUR decision at the end of the day.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join