It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cannabis Conspiracy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: violet

Nope, not true. An appetite stimulant is NOT the only medicinal use for cannabis.

There is a strain called Charlotte's Web, it is very low in THC and high in some other organic chemical. It has been proven to help control seizures. Some regard it as a 'miracle drug' because of how effective it is.

Chronic pain is another well received candidate.

The list goes on. You and I choose not to ignore that.

The manner in which the drug has been scheduled for so many years is the main contributor to our ignorance. Why in the hell aren't we rescheduling this drug so that it may be properly studied and experimented with.

We pride ourself in our "advancement" of tolerance in the past 50 or 60 years and yet with some issues we still reside in "age of ignorance".

What's good though, just like with any radicalism, this generation will pass...and things WILL change.

They can't
it.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

You got sick, like vomiting? From the LACK of MJ? I don't believe that at all.

i didn't vomit...but it took months to get an appetite,and i felt like garbage...severe sweating,lack of sleep..there were many things that happened...there may have been additional ailments as i used to mix tobacco with it and i stopped cold turkey...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

There is a common theme among those who demonize cannabis. They start about saying how they used to smoke and know a bunch of people who smoke to make themselves appear knowledgeable about the plant, then fallback to the old myths that have been pushed for so long, then claiming that they are 'suffering' from those side effects.

This is a major change in tactics for those who are pushing for Prohibition to remain in effect. Back when I first joined ATS, over a decade ago, those who opposed the cannabis movement would use little jingles to hammer home their point and ill mannered insults at those friendly to the cause. They realized that the population is not stupid enough for this tactic and now almost all anti-Cannabis posts will start of saying how they used to be frequent users....

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I find it ironic that people are ignoring my first post because it contains negative sides of cannabis, but i guess they forgot to scroll down and see the positives are there to.
-- snip --

There are definitely negatives, you can't be a musician as many years as I was and not see a bit of everything. Personally, I always felt that the "gateway drug" argument missed the point. A certain percentage of people don't NEED to move to anything else, once they start smoking they lose all sense of direction or purpose. I'm not a medical professional so I have no way of knowing if it is based in something physical or if it is more of a mental thing, but I've known heavy smokers who, when they got down to seeds and stems, that were just as frantic as anyone I've known that developed an addiction to opiates. It is sad to watch, wouldn't want to actually count up the talented people I've known that threw it all away because of drugs (and alcohol).

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

i didn't vomit...but it took months to get an appetite,and i felt like garbage...severe sweating,lack of sleep..there were many things that happened...there may have been additional ailments as i used to mix tobacco with it and i stopped cold turkey...

Considering that the active components of cannabis don't stay in your system for 'months', I'm just going to politely say "Yeah, uh huh. Glad you're ok." and suggest that you were succumbing to something not brought on by cannabis or lack thereof.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornShucker

originally posted by: Mianeye
I find it ironic that people are ignoring my first post because it contains negative sides of cannabis, but i guess they forgot to scroll down and see the positives are there to.
-- snip --

There are definitely negatives, you can't be a musician as many years as I was and not see a bit of everything. Personally, I always felt that the "gateway drug" argument missed the point. A certain percentage of people don't NEED to move to anything else, once they start smoking they lose all sense of direction or purpose. I'm not a medical professional so I have no way of knowing if it is based in something physical or if it is more of a mental thing, but I've known heavy smokers who, when they got down to seeds and stems, that were just as frantic as anyone I've known that developed an addiction to opiates. It is sad to watch, wouldn't want to actually count up the talented people I've known that threw it all away because of drugs (and alcohol).

Gateway drug. A term that I, as a proponent for rec. use can fully agree with. As it stands, marijuana is most definitely a gateway drug. It won't happen in 100% of cases, but quite often individuals who don't use MJ would never even be around other harder drugs. A good chunk of MJ dealers are going to have 'connections' to other drugs, usually through their supplier. It then becomes the end result of a few people's choices: The supplier's choice to offer other drugs to the dealer, the dealer's choice to offer those other drugs to his 'clients' (buyer), and the buyer's choice to purchase/use the other drugs. Most people I know are just fine with MJ and have no need for anything more. Others...well they have an itch MJ won't scratch, and it's cost some of my best friends their lives whether through death or complete brain frying.

With legalization/regulation, people would attain the herb from a regulated source and therefore not be presented these other drugs as a choice. At least directly due to cannabis dealers.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

the good far out weighs the bad ,to list a few...it is a fast growing plant that produces alot of oxygen,the fibers are much more pliable than cotton fibers,if we replaced cotton with hemp the environment would be way better off....something like 50% of the worlds pesticides are used on the cotton industry alone...with hemp not pesticides needed as THC is a natural pesticide also the way it grows as with a canopy reduces the need for herbicides...i could go on but im sure you get the point....

also it relaxes people,when not abused it improves appetite and helps with pain and anxiety,eating the seeds are beneficial as they are high amino and fatty acids ...the problem comes when it is abused and smoked chronically...especially these days with all the hydro out there it is much stronger than it used to be

...it is very addictive..part of the reason the barons paid peasants with weed back in the middle ages...it took a hell of a lot of will power for me to stop and i am glad i did

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

Considering that the active components of cannabis don't stay in your system for 'months', I'm just going to politely say "Yeah, uh huh. Glad you're ok." and suggest that you were succumbing to something not brought on by cannabis or lack thereof.

well actually it took 3 months to completely leave my system...i know this because i had to do drug test for DOCS...they were piss tests and i am unsure how long the active ingredient stays but i can assure you the dopemines stay in your fat for a while ,the reason i stopped is because my son ended up in foster care and i wanted to get him out...so i packed up,moved to where he was and stopped smoking as that was a deal breaker for docs....i now have my son in my care and really have no intention to go back to how i was...i feel better off it...but in saying that i am not against it as there are many benefits and they far out way the negatives...i would give a big thumbs up for legalization and the occasional puff

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen
To be fair, if god made weed, he also made alcohol. Alcohol is as natural as weed is, don't believe me? Put any naturally sugary juice in a large bucket for a few months, and you get wine/beer. The yeast in the air is enough, but we made it better through natural selection, and now have yeast that are best at making beer/wine. Same as we made the best weed strands through natural selection as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen
If it was legal, instead of a lawn, I would have a huge pot field, and make a few bucks selling it to textile and stoners. Would rather do that, than have to waste gas mowing the lawn every week lol.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye
That's fascist. You want to regulate what people eat and drink as well, because it may be a strain? No more pie and cake and coffee and juice?

edit on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 20:47:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

but i can assure you the dopemines stay in your fat for a while

Now you're just making stuff up

The change in dopamine related to cannabis 'withdrawal' is related to LOWER amounts of dopamine being released after quitting. Use of MJ prompts a temporary increase in dopamine production.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.leafscience.com...

The word you're looking for (to support your nonsense) is 'Metabolite', not dopamine. THC 'Metabolites' are what 'piss tests' look for, among other things depending on the method used to analyze the sample.
edit on 8/22/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

When you said you went cold turkey, you meant you quit everything right? Are you sure you were not using pain pills or something else recreationally along side cannabis and are just confusing the withdraws from a narcotic or something else for cannabis withdraws?

I ask this because I know several heavy and frequent who have had to quit for job interviews or probation and not one has ever experienced withdraw symptoms from quitting cold turkey.

You will have to provide some good evidence before anyone will believe you on here. Cool story bro

edit on 22-8-2014 by jrod because: ed

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The change in dopamine related to cannabis 'withdrawal' is related to LOWER amounts of dopamine being released after quitting. Use of MJ prompts a temporary increase in dopamine production.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
The word you're looking for (to support your nonsense) is 'Metabolite', not dopamine. THC 'Metabolites' are what 'piss tests' look for, among other things depending on the method used to analyze the sample.

well then ...i have copies of the tests...and after 3 months i still had a 2 star rating of 5 stars....there is nothing to make up...it is simply how long it took for my system to purge it...i do not know the science behind it i only know what happened to me

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

well then ...i have copies of the tests...and after 3 months i still had a 2 star rating of 5 stars....there is nothing to make up...it is simply how long it took for my system to purge it...i do not know the science behind it i only know what happened to me

Would you mind censoring the personal identifying sections and upload them for me to see the methods used and all that mumbo jumbo? Just curious what this whole "Out of 5 stars" deal is.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

When you said you went cold turkey, you meant you quit everything right? Are you sure you were not using pain pills or something else recreationally along side cannabis and are just confusing the withdraws from a narcotic or something else for cannabis withdraws?

I ask this because I know several heavy and frequent who have had to quit for job interviews or probation and not one has ever experienced withdraw symptoms from quitting cold turkey.

You will have to provide some good evidence before anyone will believe you on here. Cool story bro

i was a chronic smoker and thats it...no other drugs...unless of course it was the nicotine causing the withdrawals..but i doubt it...my GF quit as well and she had similar withdrawals to me....i don't really care if you do not believe it....it was my personal experience

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I had to reply to your post as there was no other way for me to post in this thread for some reason.

Anyway, anyone who wants to make a Natural Plant illegal has some other agenda. Sears Robuk sold Heroin in there Catalog for Gods sake. I can guarantee you that the Poppy seed also has some crazy benefits that no ones wants to either know about or study.

Those in this thread that want to take the Moral Ground on a plant and its affects have no morals what so ever. They may think they do but sorry I dont buy it. God as a Moral higher being put it here for a reason.

The argment that making this legal will help the Gov. dumb us down is also false. If anything, it enlightens and helps someone create more of a thought process and critical thinking. Unlike the other Prescrbed drugs this actually doesn't dumb anyone down, those who are dumb and smoke are already dumb in the first place.

Lastly, Crime would go down so much if MJ were legalized throughout the Country that Police Forces would not need any Military equipment for any reason. Maybe the best way to make Peace with a Cop would be to pass the Joint to him and enjoy.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Glad someone pointed that out. Alcohol is found in nature, and animals are known to seek out and engorge on fermented fruit.

T&C makes this tricky, so I won't be as specific as I could be here:
I know from experience that there are pitfalls to regular cannabis consumption. I also know from experience that regular alcohol consumption has its pitfalls, and these can be far, far more destructive and severe than problems that arise from cannabis abuse.

Because alcohol is ingrained in American culture, I learned about the specific hazards of alcohol abuse years before I took my first sip. Had that not been the case, I would likely have learned things the hard way -- through DUI charges and damage to my personal life.

I firmly believe that if cannabis were an accepted alternative to alcohol, common mistakes and abuses would be openly discussed. There are effects and side-effects to cannabis (further complicated by differences in strains) that took me years to understand, because I had to rely primarily on personal experience.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I do not believe you, neither will the vast majority who read your testimony. This is a conspiracy forum and a personal testimony on here generally has zero credibility.

Also, drug test results are measured in nanograms/mL, generally 50ng/mL warrants a failed drug test. The range is usually anywhere between 10ng/mL to 100ng/mL depending on the sensitivity of the test.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Would you mind censoring the personal identifying sections and upload them for me to see the methods used and all that mumbo jumbo? Just curious what this whole "Out of 5 stars" deal is.

i dont have a working printer here but when i go to mates house in the next couple of days i will use his and upload them.. pm me with an email addy and i will send copies to you if you like

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join