It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cannabis Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
ATS moderators seem a lot more relaxed on the subject of Cannabis now so I will hazard posting this article.

If I have circumvented or disobeyed the rules in any way then i apologise, mods please edit/delete accordingly.

There is a lot of propaganda targeted towards cannabis because of its male sibling (Hemp) and its potential to revolutionise many different markets and put a lot of corporations out of pocket.

Hemp would have been revolutionary for numerous markets and industries, with applications across the board. It has the potential to put a lot of industrial giants in vulnerable positions. When we look at how it was made illegal in the first place, we can see that it was under the pretence of it being harmful for your health. The idea of it being harmful for your health, was based on bogus trials and studies which then begs the question... Why was it really made illegal.

Why was it made illegal exactly? All scientific study seems to point towards Cannabis being highly therapeutic.. the COMPLETE opposite of what is drilled into our heads from such an early age!

So, not only has mainstream science established that Cannabis is less harmful than Tobacco, the American Association for Cancer Research has found that cannabis works to slow down tumour growth in the lungs, breasts, and brain considerably. When applied as a concentrated oil, cannabis has been shown to dramatically shrink tumours and in some cases, heal terminally ill patients. Evidence for the latter is anecdotal, but it is documented evidence nonetheless.

The benefits and potential of both the male and female cannabis plant are exponential, and we are yet to discover just how therapeutic and useful they can be to society. One of the main challenges we face when looking to move this forward, are the legality issues that act as a roadblock for scientists looking to obtain the plant, and necessary funding for research.

Having looked at all the benefits of the cannabis plant, you should be wondering why it is still, for the most part, illegal. The answer is simple. Most, if not all, industries have, for a long time, been highly monopolised. Something as revolutionary as the cannabis plant would create vast opportunities for entrepreneurs, in turn taking a lot of money away from already established and monopolised industries, and result in upsetting a lot of people in some very high up places.

The bigger picture may be quite obvious to many of us but a lot are still to catch up. As I am sure some of you know, Nixon ordered scientific research into the Cannabis plant to 'prove that it caused cancer and is harmful'.

All the scientists found was that cannabis actually does the opposite and can actually cure cancer! Furious, Nixon abruptly halted all research and funding and deemed the report classified, or 'Top secret'.

I highly recommend you check out the full article as it has more info and some really awesome info graphics that say a lot.

The Cannabis Conspiracy
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Just like any other problem in society, if you want to get to the source of the corruption, follow the money. Just look at the people and organizations that are funding anti-marijuana legislation and to keep it illegal. It's pretty clear that it isn't the interests of the people behind the decision to keep it illegal. But here's the thing, they are losing this fight. 58% of American citizens think it should be legal now. That is the first time it has surpassed a majority of the country. That percentage will only grow as exposure is increased and myth after myth is dispelled.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

It goes back to when LaGuardia was Mayor of New York City and His cronies (Rockefeller, J.P. Morgan) owned the wood in which paper came from. Check around 1929 Marijuana Tax Act. Some of the reasons were: "White women who smoke marihuana will end up with either jazz musicians and/or negroes."

BigPharma™ is now the biggest opponent because they can't make $$$ if You grow Your own medicine.

I can't be too long because My posts get edited.. I'll check back

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Also every vehicle You see on the road can be converted to run on hemp oil.
1 acre and 1 'growing season' provides enough 'wood pulp' (one of the reasons it was deemed illegal to begin with) in which would take 11 acres and 18 growing seasons.. (commercial hemp)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The history behind this specific prohibition has many documentaries.

I was amazed how people just believed what they were told back then. Is it any wonder we don't believe them now?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Also police unions. Here is a report about the top 5.

The Top Five Special Interest Groups Lobbying To Keep Marijuana Illegal

1.) Police Unions
2.) Private Prisons Corporations
3.) Alcohol and Beer Companies
4.) Pharmaceutical Corporations
5.) Prison Guard Unions

Those are your modern day enemies against liberty.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

ETA: Just found this online:

Fed Tax Money Supports Campaign Against Oregon's Marijuana Legalization

The "quarterback of the anti-legalization movement", Kevin Sabet, is bringing his road show to Oregon on the taxpayer's dime to campaign against Measure 91, our initiative to legalize marijuana. Except that he says, oh, no, heavens to Murgatroyd , "these are educational events, not political events," that just happened to be timed for the week prior to Oregon's ballot mail-out (Oregon is all vote-by-mail, so this is like standing out front of the polls on Election Day).

ETA2: Here's the response to that:

Sponsors cancel drug summit in Madras after facing criticism from marijuana legalization advocates

A nonprofit group has canceled an October anti-drug summit in Madras -- which was to feature a prominent opponent of marijuana legalization -- after complaints were raised by sponsors of the ballot measure that would permit recreational use of the drug.

The sponsors of the legalization initiative, Measure 91, charged this week that it was wrong for summit organizers to use federal funds to help pay for an appearance by Kevin Sabet, a former White House drug adviser who has formed an organization opposing marijuana legalization.

Fighting back one step at a time. Their tactics aren't working as well anymore and more people are catching on.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The good and bad sides....

CLICK ME

As with everything, handle with care....

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Keep in mind that none of those bad effects warrant it being illegal when alcohol and tobacco are ten times worse (not to mention that America has now proven twice in the same century with long term experiments on the entire population that prohibition doesn't work).

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Marijuana Conspiracy - The Real Reason Hemp is Illegal

* All schoolbooks were made from hemp or flax paper until the 1880s; Hemp Paper Reconsidered, Jack Frazier, 1974.

* It was LEGAL TO PAY TAXES WITH HEMP in America from 1631 until the early 1800s; LA Times, Aug. 12, 1981.

* REFUSING TO GROW HEMP in America during the 17th and 18th Centuries WAS AGAINST THE LAW! You could be jailed in Virginia for refusing to grow hemp from 1763 to 1769; Hemp in Colonial Virginia, G. M. Herdon.

* George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers GREW HEMP; Washington and Jefferson Diaries. Jefferson smuggled hemp seeds from China to France then to America.

* Benjamin Franklin owned one of the first paper mills in America and it processed hemp. Also, the War of 1812 was fought over hemp. Napoleon wanted to cut off Moscow's export to England; Emperor Wears No Clothes, Jack Herer.

* For thousands of years, 90% of all ships' sails and rope were made from hemp. The word 'canvas' is Dutch for cannabis; Webster's New World Dictionary.

* 80% of all textiles, fabrics, clothes, linen, drapes, bed sheets, etc. were made from hemp until the 1820s with the introduction of the cotton gin.

* The first Bibles, maps, charts, Betsy Ross's flag, the first drafts of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were made from hemp; U.S. Government Archives.

* The first crop grown in many states was hemp. 1850 was a peak year for Kentucky producing 40,000 tons. Hemp was the largest cash crop until the 20th Century; State Archives.

* Oldest known records of hemp farming go back 5000 years in China, although hemp industrialization probably goes back to ancient Egypt.

* Rembrants, Gainsboroughs, Van Goghs as well as most early canvas paintings were principally painted on hemp linen.

* In 1916, the U.S. Government predicted that by the 1940s all paper would come from hemp and that no more trees need to be cut down. Government studies report that 1 acre of hemp equals 4.1 acres of trees. Plans were in the works to implement such programs; Department of Agriculture

* Quality paints and varnishes were made from hemp seed oil until 1937. 58,000 tons of hemp seeds were used in America for paint products in 1935; Sherman Williams Paint Co. testimony before Congress against the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act.

* Henry Ford's first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, 'grown from the soil,' had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941.

* Hemp called 'Billion Dollar Crop.' It was the first time a cash crop had a business potential to exceed a billion dollars; Popular Mechanics, Feb., 1938.

* Mechanical Engineering Magazine (Feb. 1938) published an article entitled 'The Most Profitable and Desirable Crop that Can be Grown.' It stated that if hemp was cultivated using 20th Century technology, it would be the single largest agricultural crop in the U.S. and the rest of the world.

edit on 22-8-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Prohibition is irrelevant, alchohol is good for a lot of things excessive use is the problem, the same goes for cannabis, good for a lot of things, excessive use is the problem, so same same.

Smoking is unhealthy no matter what you smoke so comparing tobacco to cannabis is same same.

Facts are that some people can control their habits, others can't, and in the long run it's a bad idea to release another intoxicating substance and it does have bad sides next to the good, the bad sides are the ones everyone is ignoring, especially in here, i wonder why

edit on 22-8-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yes hemp is wonderful, probably the best all around drug we have. But I don't think the trend for legalizing is reflective of progressive thinking. TPTB want us doped TO THE GILLS for the death rattle of the US. The pot that's used as medical is fiercely strong and totally GMO as well. Nobodies talking about the outstanding federal law that prohibits cannabis use? State says yes, Fed says no, sound like civil war type stuff. TPTB don't love us, and they don't have our best interest in mind, even if it appears that they do.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Facts are that some people can control their habits, others can't, and in the long run it's a bad idea to release another intoxicating substance and it does have bad sides next to the good, the bad sides are the ones everyone is ignoring, especially in here, i wonder why

Whoa there Nelly don't jump to conclusions too quickly now. No one is ignoring the fact that the abuse of any substance can be harmful and addictive.

The fact of the matter remains: The therapeutic profile of Cannabis, as in ratio of good:bad effects/safety/effectiveness, is higher than most if not all 'established' drugs used to treat many people, for many conditions.

The most dangerous and prevelant aspects of the Cannabis industry all stem from the prohibition itself. Cannabis being illegal is actually harming society more than if it was legal.

People will smoke it regardless of legality, the point remains, would you rather the huge market be regulated safely and kept out of the hands of children and criminal gangs or not?

It's a simple question really.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
These same industries encourage and finance wars in other nations for oil. These same industries have encouraged and financed the war on drugs. Many people have died for these wars and will continue to do so as the people continue their slumber. Sleep well citizens and pray your sacrifices of freedom never extends into your home or family.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

That article you posted was full of propaganda.

THC messes with your balance...When these brain areas are disturbed, the user has a harder time walking and talking correctly, becoming quite clumsy.

That's straight up nonsense.

Audio and visual hallucinations are common.

Again, nonsense.

It robs you of sleep.

I can guarantee you many people that have a smoke and then a nice nap are just laughing at that one. Also, their source for that one is a school bulletin...haha!

Inhaling marijuana causes your heart rate to increase.

I have no doubt this is the case for some people, but I'm sure many others it has little to no effect. I have some medical issues and I monitor my blood pressure pretty closely. The BP monitor also has a heart rate on it. I have done things against the T&C and immediately checked my BP - heart rate has always been fine, usually at 72 BPM.

There is plenty of other nonsense in that article too. Not much point in going over every little piece of it because most of it is just crap.

As far as your second post, what is alcohol good for? Other than getting buzzed/drunk, that is. It's just not the same. No matter how much pot you smoke, you won't die of pot poisoning. Alcohol poisoning happens on a regular basis.

Smoking is unhealthy no matter what you smoke so comparing tobacco to cannabis is same same.

I find this part particulary funny considering this is in the very article you just posted:

According to a study published in Journal of the American Medical Association in January, marijuana does not impair lung function and can even increase lung capacity.

Again, not the same as tobacco.

There are many more benefits to getting rid of the prohobition on pot than keeping it. All that aside, there's one thing America used to be pretty big on and that's liberty.

If someone can't control themself that's their problem, and as long as they're not hurting anyone else who cares? There's another thing called personal responsibility.

Aside from all that, being illegal isn't stopping anyone from getting it. Might as well make it legal so that it can be regulated better and get some much needed tax revenue off of it.

Seems like you've fully bought the propaganda.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The bad sides are minute compared to the good sides. Oh NO! You get anxious and paranoid when you are high! SO AWFUL! Then it listed hallucinations in the negative category, when that is clearly one of the reasons people use the drug. There is the ONE study that shows that it is harmful to children, but then again we already have laws on the books that prevent people under 21 from getting alcohol and under 18 from getting cigarettes, so obviously the same measures can be put in place for marijuana.

Prohibition isn't irrelevant. It is the ENTIRE story! The war on drugs is Prohibition 2.0 with the EXACT same results as the first one. More crime, less respect for police, people doing the substance anyways, organized crime, etc.

But again you STILL haven't given one lick of evidence that explains why you or anyone else should have the right to tell me that I cannot put something in my body. Especially something as beneficial and great as marijuana. I don't need to be protected by brother government for my own safety. If I want to kill myself through self-destructive behavior then that is my decision as an adult to make. If I want to over imbibe in marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, some other drug; that is MY decision and MY decision alone to make.

Anyone who thinks marijuana should be illegal is more than welcome not to use it themselves, but to strip that pleasure from someone else just because they disprove of it is just straight up mean and unnecessary. But it's ok, you people are on the wrong side of history with this case. Freedom is winning out. Marijuana will be legal by the end of the decade if I were to guess. The war on drugs will probably follow soon afterwards (it makes more sense to help addicts than to jail them and put them out of sight to fester and make their problem worse all so they can go right back into jail). The fact that you are trying to ignore the very REAL repercussions of the war on drugs on our society by saying it is irrelevant is laughable.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
the plant is a tool to advanced society quicker.

It should lay the foundation of a society. Ropes, Foods, Engineering Oils, bio-fuels/rocket fuels, Reinforced hemp girders for building skyscrappers and large metal and *concrete* structures.

Cannabis can be used to make *concrete* which would result in a more dense overall product with a higher mos raiting.

Cannabis girders mixed with a proper resin or binder would be 10 times stronger back in the 50s.
I imagine some new mixtures could be created to achieve 100x stronger than steels total weight capacity.

It will reduce the weight of planes, cars. Making new arial technology available as many allows are replaced. Hemp has been known to have great heat resistance. Which could make it a cheaper source for military vehicles, weapons, and amunitions.

We could reduce the world consumption of metal as much as 30-40%. That would be extremely signifigant and it would make many mining and oil production companies obsolete. It would replace textiles industry for much of anything needed.

Electronics can be super charged using highly conductive cannabis fibers from the Hemp plant.
This plant is not only the key to our freedom, It's also entirely unlikely this plant was formed by nature.

Maybe some human in the passed created this plant in order to solve all of the worlds problems that could be repeating themselves as a loop? Resource depletion? Struggle with creating good alloys, struggling to make good building materials. Resorting to poisons that destroy the enivroment. Seems like this plant produces the most oxygen out of all of them.

It's been tweaked to the point where it can accept 1500x C02 levels. Which is toxic for a human to be around in for excess time.

new resin binders from THC could be used to tar roads lol, New oils achieveing WD-40 could be created from the plant. It could end our dependancy on oil which is a huge deal.

We could achieve space status with this plant, It could help us in reaching our goal of a space mining operation to search for alien ores from Asteroids. Since all the minerals on Earth are brittle and everything hazardous in space holds unknown compounds such as alien alloys from exo solar systems.
There wouldn't be much of an *Economy* if this plant was allowed to run rampent since it's production would be so high it would reduce the rarity of the plant altogether and drop its value and value of all subsiquent materials made thereafter.

It's kinda hard to charge people for *sand and rocks* so to speak. Once it becomes as plentiful as sand and rocks. It's kinda hard to sell regular rocks to passerbyers. Or sell someone a pinecone. You can't exactly put value on blades of grass but you can if you plan on installing a lawn.... Anyways lol The point is this plant has a highly advanced society in mind.
And it has remained unchanged all these years.

It's quite the perfect plant, Who or whatever engineered it was a genius...
edit on 22-8-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cointelpatrol
Yes hemp is wonderful, probably the best all around drug we have. But I don't think the trend for legalizing is reflective of progressive thinking. TPTB want us doped TO THE GILLS for the death rattle of the US. The pot that's used as medical is fiercely strong and totally GMO as well. Nobodies talking about the outstanding federal law that prohibits cannabis use? State says yes, Fed says no, sound like civil war type stuff. TPTB don't love us, and they don't have our best interest in mind, even if it appears that they do.

What the? GMO's? You got any sources for those claims? If you knew anything about medical pot, you'd know that it is very LOW in THC content but high in CBD (cannabidol) which does more good for the body than THC. But of course you'd know that if you did a bit of research before posting your conspiracy theory craziness.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Before the FED and the 16th Amendment the US had no laws against cannabis or any other intoxicant except opium for smoking which was made illegal in 1909.

I do not think those timelines are a coincidence. Shortly after the FED and 16th Amendment were established, the "War on Drugs" essentially started with Prohibition of alcohol. When that failed, they went after cannabis and the propaganda to demonize the plant began.

edit on 22-8-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yo, know. If it was legal, people would be getting along, munching, talking about ideas and ways of life, and being merry all day.

Instead of alcohol and royal rumbles in the bar.

God made weed, and Man made Booze. Who do you trust?

edit on 22-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

, you'd know that it is very LOW in THC content but high in CBD (cannabidol) which does more good for the body than THC. But of course you'd know that if you did a bit of research before posting your conspiracy theory craziness.

That is not correct. Some strains are high in CBDs, which is good for treating seizures among other things. Strains high in THC are good for stimulating one's appetite, a completely different medical use.

Cannabis has a plethora of chemicals that appear to have great medicinal value. Now that prohibition is coming to an end, hopefully legitimate research that puts patients over profits can be done.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join