It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed White Teen Shot Dead By Non-White Utah Cop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Blacks in America really are classified as sub-citizen.

Yet more than 50% voted for a Black President not once but twice.

Is it their color ,or economics ,and or education that classifies them as such? Are white trash citizens not clasified as sub-citizen as well by the majority ? Are KKK members not clasified by the majority as sub-citizen as well?

Whether they bring it on themselves or there is an agenda will never be answered outright but here we are, still.

Well I don't know of any studies in regards to to whether they bring it to themselves. However its clearly possible that Black Americans have the capability to excell just as any other race including whites in this country.

Barack Obama , Collin Powell, Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, Condoleezza Rice , and many many many more than just them or these Americans: www.blackentrepreneurprofile.com... who have acquired huge success here: more so than most white Americans could only dream about.

So is it the color of their skin or is it something else that is making them feel as a sub-citizen ? One thing i see most common with success in this country is education and the personal desire to succeed despite what ever is thrown at them.

Clearly its more than just a fluke and its possible to succeed in this country as A Black American.

Yes life is not fair ,but its not fair for whites either. Its up to you when you decide to quit when you let distractions, or ignorant bosses ,or whatever stop you from getting to where you want to be.

The largest brick wall to success from my experience is to not be critical of oneself or to lie to oneself of their weakness.

edit on 08831America/ChicagoFri, 22 Aug 2014 10:08:57 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Watch Log: Monday, August 11, 2014

6:59 p.m. Man with a Gun/Officer-involved Shooting* 2102 S. State Street 14-137439 Officers responded on a possible report of a man with a gun. Officers made contact with three suspects at the 7-Eleven, 2102 S. State St. During the course of this call, an officer challenged one of the suspects at gun point and discharged his service weapon, killing the suspect. *The incident happened in the jurisdiction of South Salt Lake, which will conduct the investigation and handle all media requests. Reporters seeking comment should call (801) 412-3634; South Salt Lake case #14G005281. To share information about this or other criminal activity with the Salt Lake City Police Department, please call (801) 799-3000. To remain anonymous, text the keyword TIPSLCPD plus any relevant information to 274637. Reference: crimetip.

What gives? I searched the Salt Lake City police website, and they don't know who Brett Olsen is?
slcpd.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Here's a video of the chief explaining why an Officer Olsen shot a dog just 2 weeks before shooting an unarmed white teen. Warning the chief is an arrogant, smug, and a nauseating individual. He shot down the unarmed white teen like he was an animal!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Its not news that a cop killed someone.

Hardly a week goes by where a cop hasnt killed a person.

Its news because a community raised hell over it.

Wheres all the outrage, protests and marches over this Utah killing?

Well, there are none. Why? Because minorities actually raise hell when a cop kills someone in their communities.

The rest of America, not so much.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Officer Brett Olsen is confirmed to have shot the dog. What a scum. Then he ran away and left other cops to explain it to the owner. This article seems to suggest that Salt Lake City has 2 versions Officer Brett Olsen, one is a hero white cop (the one in the photo I posted at the beginning of this thread) and the other one is black who shot the unarmed white teen Dillon.

The raging debate has gone on, on the Internet and throughout, as to who the officer is, and which officer Olsen," Burbank said during an afternoon news conference. "Well, it’s Officer Brett Olsen, and, yes, he is the hero of Trolley Square, or one of them."
www.sltrib.com...

It's unclear from the chiefs double speak who shot the dog, but it was definitely the black Brett Olsen who shot the unarmed young white man!

edit on 22-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well here is my opinion as to why the media isn't touching this shooting.

There is a video of it!!!!

Plain and simple reasoning. The media likes to play things up with several of their opinion pieces and lots of speculation but if they tried that with this shooting they would put themselves in a position to fail hard.

They could try to do it and hope they get it right but their intentions IMO are never to get t right their intentions are to incite and get ratings. Since there is a recording of what happened they are not going to touch this story because they fear losing any credibility they may have if they are wrong.

Once the recording is released and if it shows a bad shooting at that point they may latch onto it otherwise you can expect them to stay clear of it.

Recording devices should be mandatory for all LEO's IMO.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
Wrong there are people protesting in Salt Lake City. The media refuses to cover it for obvious reasons.

Scott Simons speaks through a blow horn during a protest about the police shooting of Dillon Taylor in Salt Lake City, Monday, August 18, 2014. Simons is the father of Kelly Simons who was shot and killed by police in 2013. (courtesy Salt Lake Tribune)
Read more at www.wnd.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
I agree about CNN wanting to incite the black community. Every time they come back on from commercial break they say, "We continue now with more coverage of the shooting of unarmed black teen Michael Brown by white Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson."

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion
Slavery was abhorrent and so were Jim Crow Laws but that ended in 1964.

The thing is slavery was never really abolished.

It was just replaced by a more efficient system where the entire population could be enslaved without them realising it.

Slavery of the mind is far more efficient, as you don't need to pay guards.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Police State USA

In five years, we will really start to wonder what happened to America. In 10 years, our kids won't know the America of our youth. And in 25 years, we won't recognize America at all. The Constitution will be a relic, tossed on the same trash heap as the Bible. The notion of God-given rights will be replaced by government control, and privacy rights will have crumbled along with Fourth Amendment guarantees that protect us from warrantless searches of home, possessions and self. Text
superstore.wnd.com...

There's some disturbing videos on that link above show the militarized police all geared up.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Patiently waits for the right wing media and posters to bring up prior bad behavior, Youtube videos of him rapping about smoking and killing, telling us any other witness to this must be lying or they too are criminals..etc.
Yep...waiting for the onslaught of other threads showing him to be a bad guy and the cop a good guy..

Not wanting to disappoint, here are a few examples (not involving cops just to show that the media ignores black on white crime no matter the professions of the individuals involved):

7/18- Jimmie Norman, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/18- Terry Taylor, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/17- Cindy R...aygoza, white female murdered by black male. No national news.
7/11- Luis Aguilar, 91 year old hispanic male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/10- Brittany Simpson, white female murdered by black male. No national news.
7/6- Sarah Goode, white female murdered by black male. No national news.
7/6- Jeffrey Westerfield, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/5- Perry Renn, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/3- Laurey Kennedy, white female still in coma from beating by black male. No national news
7/3 Eric Mollet, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/2 Rupert Anderson, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/2 Jennifer Kingeter, white female murdered by black male. No national news.
6/30 Jim Brennan, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/29 Paul Shephard, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/27 Shirley Barone, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/27 Penelope Spencer, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/27 Inga Evans, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/26 Jake Rameau, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/25 Gina Burger, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/24 Nathan Dasher, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/22 Jonathan Price, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/20 John Whitmore, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/18 John Yingling,white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/17 Allyn Reeves, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/15 Michael Beaver, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/11 Angela Cook, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/11 Nathan Hall, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/7 Harry Briggs, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/5 Laura Bachman, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/2 Robert Mohler, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/1 William Headley, white male, murdered by black male. No national news

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

That doesn't surprise me. I dropped cable a couple years ago my TV has a USB port where I can plug in a flash drive. With VPN's and torrents I watch what I want when I want minus the brain washing.

That's one of the best decisions I have ever made.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
People who can't distinguish between this event and one where a white male in a position of authority oppresses (ultimate oppression in killing) a black person needs to review a little bit of history.

I don't know all the facts about the Michael Brown shooting, I'm fine waiting to hear the outcome of the investigation.

However, I understand the anger. If you don't understand the anger, then you don't understand our history, our very recent systematic and institutionalized racism/discrimination, and current race relations in this country.

50 years ago...just stop and think about that...50 years ago. Blacks officially, by law, had no guaranteed and protected right to vote. They could be told that someone wasn't going to hire them for a job simply because of the color of their skin. They could be told that they couldn't eat a certain places, drink out of certain fountains, or sit in certain places. They couldn't go to the same schools as white people. All of this was done legally...in a country where it was claimed people were "free".

50 years ago.

But some people can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that things are still not equal and that still creates anger and resentment.
edit on 22-8-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This Brett Olsen is the white one. He is the hero from 2007 and the one who killed the dog. He is not the one who killed unarmed white man Dillon Taylor. That Brett Olsen is black. Salt lake City has 2 Brett Olsen. One white and one black.
truthyism.com...

Still can't locate a photo of the black one.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: whitewave
Thank you for that very illustrative post. That is what I'm trying to show in this thread. The double standard. The avoidance by the media to inform the public of the danger of black violence waged on other than blacks. There's a very disturbing non-fiction book called , The Zebra Killings about Nation of Islam members targeting "white devils" in a serial murder spree during the early seventies in San Francisco. At that time the authorities tried keeping it low key and local news only. It should have been national news, but it wasn't. I only found out about it a year ago. I will dig up the link for an on line version of it. It's very disturbing!

archive.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well Ferguson would not have gotten any national news coverage just because of the shooting. It's the reactions that get the news coverage. Me? I figure whether you are black, white or purple, and whether the officer is black, white or purple, don't break the law, don't pull any bullsh*t, and nobody gets shot, justly or unjustly.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra

What is your opinion? Is this cop white or not?

why the bloody f##k does it matter?
f... the second line.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion
REAL RACISM is practiced by liberals that feel black people in 2014 are still not smart enough or good enough to make it on a level playing field and need special privileges and this is holding black people back.

I have stated here many times that I am white and my husband is black.

I cannot help but notice that it is not him that is making the assertion that Liberals are to blame.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Where are you getting that it was a black cop. The most they say is "the officer involved was not white".

Where are you getting the name of the officer..it is found nowhere else.

Utah officer who shot Dillon Taylor was wearing a body camera is the latest story and it says the officers name has not being released yet.

Where you getting it was a black officer and the name from.

Only the right wing media is saying it was a black cop.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join