It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed White Teen Shot Dead By Non-White Utah Cop

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

I guess as far as the looting and rioting goes... if you are dumb enough to live in a #hole and not try to better yourself then you probably don't care if it burns to the ground. The same goes for whites and other races.... it's all good until you realized that last nights shenanigans caused your mailbox to be torched and your welfare check can't be delivered. Then there is another problem that your "ejumikated" mind has to deal with, but it will always be the mans fault! It will always be TPTB who want to get and keep you down. Not your own dumb ass who caused or participated in it. Hell, why would ever want to take responsibility for your own actions or those of your family neighbors or friends?

I am tired of black people playing the slavery card and the race card. My "people" had it worse than they did, in worse times and under much harsher conditions. The Irish, the Scotts, the Germans, at one point the English, Native Americans... hell everyone of every race can relate back to an ancestry that has been enslaved, beaten, raped, tortured or indentured at some point in time... and most of those "races" were enslaved for far longer... but I guess since most of them had white skin that means nothing.

(the gratuitous use of the word "you" is not aimed at you.. just a general reference! I agree with most of your thread and posts!)
edit on 22-8-2014 by kdyam because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2014 by kdyam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996
There just isn't as much fascination when it's this way. Take race completely out of it, and there would be no threads in either case. Or this way . Black cop kills black teen. White cop kills white teen. Neither would get any attention. It's only when a white cop kills a black.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra

I think this is the guy. He looks white sort of. Maybe Native American? Maybe Hispanic? Or did the newspaper make a typo? Well it doesn't matter! What matters is the the unarmed teen was shot and killed! I think this cop also recently killed someones dog also. What is your opinion? Is this cop white or not?

The race of the individual doesn't even matter, a pig is a pig. But for trivia's sake I'm going with white. Concave nasal bridge is usually a Caucasian feature.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo
I understand what you're saying. There's a small protest going on out there, but definitely not rioting. Which I guess is the only way the media will cover it. Well the Utah cop had a camera on him, so that will tell the story.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan
The newspaper messed up with the caption or it's a different Brett Olsen. I don't understand why I can't find a photo of the black Brett Olsen.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kdyam

aye that story is pretty unreal in its own right, not attempting a hijack or anything but the only place i heard a peep about that story was.... well.... here at ats...

why didnt CNN play day in and day out the hero cop who barely escaped with his life after the trained killer soldier jumped out armed and ready to fight?

it would be so easy for american to be great again. if times were up, no one would question the Mraps or any of it. if they used it all responsibly no one would question it either..

thats my big gripe.. LET THEM HAVE IT! give them fricken drones with hellfire's for all i care as long as they dont drop them on grandma... these Mraps need to be driving through the front doors of all the capital A$$holes across the good ole USA and clean this sucker up. theres alot of people out there who could use a nice sunday morning visit from a bear cat i assure you!

it is scary that they have all these weapons and whatnot but thats only if we view ourselves as the enemy. they can only use this stuff on us if we go mobbing around throwing molotov cocktails or if they have some other kind of justification.

the second they use this stuff to go arrest some doofus on child support warrants the proverbial poop would hit the fan and they know it. we just need to not give them opportunities to use this stuff and not let them treat us as an enemy.

how do we do that?

SMILE

be happy! dont let them paint you as an enemy. they cant use anything hurtful on someone being happy and fun.

just think how happy we all will be if and when these bearcats or Mraps are useful for a real reason. any scenario that they actually use this stuff properly is a win IMO, its just a serious leap of faith to hope they use it responsibly with recent events as a measure of how they will behave...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I don't know why race has to be put into this. All I see is a cop shot a kid. Why does colour always have to be added?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This is not a white cop vs black kid thing.

This is not a black cop vs white kid thing.

This is a cop vs EVERYBODY thing.

In Albuquerque, (you all know what's going on here) the police don't care what color you are. THEY WILL KILL YOU.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

This is the message that needs to get out there. Everyone regardless of race needs to stand together and demand the stop and reverse the militarization of LE. We also need to have strict psychological screening for anyone applying for a LEO position. All LEO's be required to wear body and vehicle A/V equipment that they can not turn off, preferably ones that record not only locally but to the cloud that can be publicly accessible if were to occur.

Lastly, if the officer does feel the situation requires the use of deadly force a independent agency made up of both the public and LE not connected directly to the officers department handles the investigation in determining if the shoot was clean or not. During the investigation the officer in question would be placed on leave with pay placed in escrow, if the its rules the shoot was clean the officer would then be given the pay if not the pay is returned to the city/state.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Don't you find it the least bit reckless to post images of people that you are unwilling or unable to confirm as the cop involved in the incident?
....this is not the first thread you have done this in. I find it reckless and it speaks volumes about you and your mindset, sorry to say.

That being said, I am currently trying to find information on this case.....but I won't be posting photographs of people who may or may not be involved, until I can personally confirm it.

.....I'm surprised at ATS and the mods lately. Taking down links to "violent" and "gory" information and video, because of the "sensitivities" of other members who complain and fall back on the T&C (which is loosely enforced and only certain aspects are enforced....surely, others see this)....yet they allow this type of thing.

......contrary to popular belief, there are people lurking around reading these types of things, just itching to get at a "pig" or two.

Have some decency bro...

YOU are responsible for the things you post....in turn, YOU would be responsible (just as responsible) as the guy/girl that pulled the trigger, if some nutcase decided to go out and cap this guy......think about that. AND you don't even know if the guy was involved.......wow, just wow!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Dillon Taylor's tragic death wasn't hidden or deprived of any outrage and it was in the MSM. Many protests around the country have not been about Mike Brown alone but a laundry list of unarmed people killed by law enforcement as well as police brutality and militarization.

Why is Mike Brown's death garnering so much attention? Because for the people in Ferguson it began right at the scene, where it took four hours to remove his body... all around people were saying "he had his hands up", "he was unarmed", "where's the ambulance", "let me see my son", "they killed my baby". In those four hours a tipping point was reached, the people had enough and they haven't let up since and neither have the cops with their military toys... that's the media's focus, not Mike Brown... he's just the background story for the MSM now.

If we truly want to stop senseless killings Micheal Brown and Dillon Taylor (and literally there are hundreds more) maybe we should take a clue from the people of Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Got the gist of the thread but really?? how many times do that happen, rare enough to raise eye brows I bet, me eye balling the pics above both killer cop and victim could be white or non white, the point is cops kill more unarmed black men than they do whites to make it common place not taking into account systemic brutality and daily harassment that some here approve of as fine crime fighting techniques ,and I said in one or more of the threads I participated in, that the cops honed their brutality first in poor AA communities then poor whites, as they become more embolden they will take it to middle class white communities as they lose wealth and political influence and when the schitt began to hit the fan,Gated fortified communities will be for those of the rich and super rich,the rest of you report to your assigned districts,right now the mainly poor Black districts approaches boiling point. See Ya at the Games.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SalientSkivvy
I don't know, the media does it far more than me. Shoot them an e-mail and ask them. CNN or MSNBC specifically...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
S&F the thread. You did an excellent job out pointing out the pure hypocrisy involved. The loss of life in both stories is a sad thing. Why does one get media coverage 24/7 and the other is completely (intentionally?) hidden? If there was no media coverage of the Ferguson incident (as this one) would they still be rioting today? Doubt it.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26
I see what you're saying, but the photo I posted had the cop identified as Brett Olsen of the Salt Lake City police. Perhaps it was an intentional deflection by the newspaper to have people think the cop was white? You know there were photos posted in the Ferguson threads of a Darren Wilson that was not the right guy? Did you make a point of advising that poster like you did to me? Anyway point taken, perhaps a moderator could edit that photo out if they think it necessary. The newspaper would be far more resposible than me. They put out the photo. Do you think Salt Lake City has a white and black Brett Olsen?

edit on 22-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion

It is time for Black people to take charge of themselves and their behavior as a group.

At some point they cannot keep blaming others.

Nobody disputes the injustices of the past but it is time to move on.

I hear what you are trying to say, but to minimize the day to day of how blacks and whites are treated by society in general is ignoring half the problem. Stereotypes take a long time to die when they aren't continually challenged. I see how black friends are treated differently by others solely because of their skin color and that's not right. African Americans may have self inflicted wounds, but they have come after far deeper wounds that continue to exist in society.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi
Thank you, I would also like to explain the title of this thread was written as it was because the Salt Lake City police would only identify the officer as non-white, instead of black. I still can't find a photo of the black officer. The media seems willing to keep his mug hidden, not so with Darren Wilson! More double standards.

Burbank drew a distinction between Taylor’s shooting, in which the officer involved was not white, and the racially charged shooting of Michael Brown, the black teenager who was fatally shot by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo., two days before Taylor was killed.
www.sltrib.com...

The above quote was from the chief of police Salt Lake City. Notice how he refused to say black cop? I guess he didn't want the NAACP on him screaming racism. The country is messed up on this issue. Association of Black Lawmen would jump in too!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
looks like the cop and the victim could be white or hispanic

If youre going to evoke racial tensions the colour differences must be atleast 3 shades.

edit: ohh wrong pic?

Race war back on!
edit on 22-8-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Yes it's still on, I can't find a photo of the black cop. The media isn't interested in showing us his face. The hypocrisy is blatant.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
a reply to: Lysergic
Yes it's still on, I can't find a photo of the black cop. The media isn't interested in showing us his face. The hypocrisy is blatant.

Whats that, that cops are out of control regardless of skin tone or nose placement??????

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join