It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed White Teen Shot Dead By Non-White Utah Cop

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

This is a photo of the 124th graduating class of Salt lake City police cadets. That could be the "non-white" Officer Brett Olsen. Remember the police chief said they have 2 Brett Olsen. The hero from 2007 who also killed the dog, and the non-white one who killed unarmed Dillon Taylor. Dated November 30, 2007
www.ksl.com...
edit on 22-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
He is not white....

Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor shooting on body camera

Taylor's brother, Jerrail Taylor, raised issues last week about racial profiling. He said his brother was Hispanic.

So there goes the white angle..still looking to see if it was a black cop though..besides speculation.

So was Zimmerman ... you know white Hispanic ...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Is this about race?
Or is this about a nation filled with abusive cops?

Let's finally get a grip please.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap
It's a combination of both. This thread is about the difference in media coverage when the roles are reversed. Why newspapers will identify the race of a suspect if they're white, and simply omit race from a description if the suspects sought are black. You then merely get height, weight, clothing. Do not be mad at the messenger. I am showing the polar opposites of how stories are covered by the media. The Utah police chief lacked the guts to even say the word black. Is he that fearful of being set upon by the NAACP or ACLU? You see nothing wrong with that? I'm non-black, see how ridiculous that sounds?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The first step toward stopping this kind of brutality is for society as a whole to stop focusing on things that don't matter!

This isn't a case of a white person getting shot by a non-white cop. This is a case where a human being was shot by another human being. Race is all in our heads. There are no races, unless dwarves and elves are hiding out somewhere.

Stop with all the racial crap, we are all human and nothing more/less. Ferguson was a case of a human cop shooting and killing another human, this is a human cop shooting and killing another human.

Focus on the unnecessary killing of fellow humans if you really want to put a stop to it. Focusing on the skin color of those involved completely ignores the fact that humans are killing other humans with impunity.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So was Zimmerman ... you know white Hispanic ...

Most Hispanics are white.

Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Again, Michael Brown's death wouldn't be in the media at all if not for the protesting and over reaction to the protesting by law enforcement. Same with Trayvon Martin, it wasn't his death that was the news, it was the reaction to his death. Dillon Taylor? No protests, not enough outrage... little media coverage. Other black people killed get as little or no mention at all, as Dillon Taylor and for the same reason, no protest not enough outrage.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

My comment wasn't aimed at you, but rather at this theme in general.
"Oh, no one cares when a white man is shot."
The real truth is, most people don't give a damn what skin color the victims are.
We need to stop expecting the media to do anything other than what they are meant to do.
They are not here to inform us, they are here to divide us.
FOX or MSNBC- they all follow a controlled script tailored for the masses. The sooner we admit this, the sooner we can stop pretending the mantras they project at us actually reflect plebeian opinion.

What we need to really ask ourselves is, why does not every city become enraged when an innocent person is slain by a system that trains pensioned murderers.
Waiting for the media to tell the truth is an exercise in futility.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Oh but you are wrong. There are protests in Salt Lake City. In fact it's for both Dillon Taylor and Mike Brown. See article here. Still there is no national coverage though regarding Dillon Taylor. Ferguson has now moved on to Don Lemon of CNN getting cops fired! What a circus that's becoming, lol.

Protesters who rallied Wednesday night against police use of force in Utah and Ferguson, Mo., demanded more transparency from investigators who are reviewing last week’s fatal shooting of 20-year-old Dillon Taylor in South Salt Lake. "There’s two sides to every story, but they know they can’t get a story out of a dead person," said Taylor’s aunt Gina Thayne, who joined about 80 protesters at the federal building on State Street at 100 South.

www.sltrib.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap
OK it has finally registered. I know what the MSM does and their purpose. A few posters have said to me that most here at ATS are already aware of the double standard in coverage, so I will refocus on the basic fact that a cop shot an unarmed man. How's that?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Here's a video of the detestable police chief speaking about the Dillon Taylor shooting. He sounds like such a scum. Do whatever the police tell you, even if it's not right. The Stasi live on in America...
www.good4utah.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yet more than 50% voted for a Black President not once but twice.

Is it their color ,or economics ,and or education that classifies them as such? Are white trash citizens not clasified as sub-citizen as well by the majority ? Are KKK members not clasified by the majority as sub-citizen as well?

Black folks were classified as three fifth of a person during slavery times,and NO!! White people who never had Schitt to begin with were full citizens ,btw calling poor white people without means "trash" is sickening and demeaning the very term implies that there are groups of people that are disposable and without human worth by share accident of birth ,I am far from religious: But for the grace of god goes I being born into a "middle class Jamaican family" transplanted to NYC life never really suced,but it's all accident of birth and circumstance.

Barack Obama , Collin Powell, Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, Condoleezza Rice , and many many many more than just them or these Americans: www.blackentrepreneurprofile.com... who have acquired huge success here: more so than most white Americans could only dream ab

Yeah and as far back as slavery times there were very well to do Black folks like Paul Cuffee a Black ship owner,businessman patriot and abolitionist, and off course there was Benjamin Banneker,scientist who helped designed Washington D.C, and these not counting numerous Blacks who made fortunes as slaver masters in the south,but that had dick to do with the vast majority and the lives they lived through real oppression.

I will say this,matter o fact I will post two vids, yes they are long but take your time to view them at your own leisure

For those of you willing to go the distance and view these two vids you may get a better understanding of the Black under class and their arrested development. comparisons with new immigrant Whites,Asians and even Black Caribbeans and Africans is like comparing apples to bananas.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: Mikeultra
I was tipped off to this topic by a kind lurker here in his very 1st post. I tried to get them to post a thread about it, but too shy. theatreboy gets credit! OK here's the scoop. August 18,2014

The Salt Lake City police officer who shot 20-year-old Dillon Taylor outside a convenience store last week was wearing a body camera. And that footage will be released to the public upon the completion of the investigation.

Burbank drew a distinction between Taylor’s shooting, in which the officer involved was not white, and the racially charged shooting of Michael Brown, the black teenager who was fatally shot by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo., two days before Taylor was killed.

www.sltrib.com...

Not a peep about this on the MSM. Just found out about from theatreboy. I tried finding out what race Officer Brett Olsen is but no luck so far. It doesn't sound Hispanic so it must be black! The shoe is on the other foot now. Where is the outrage!

I agree with you. There should be outrage in any and every community when a injustice occurs.

I think many people are allowing themselves to be misdirected. The problem is not black and white. The problem is militarized police officers being allowed to get away with Gestapo tactics, brutalizing, terrorizing and killing the citizens that pay them.

Isnt this another debate? None of this has anything to do with the actual Brown shooting.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race.

This appears to be one heck of a controversial subject.

Ethnicity

Ethnicity is based on a group (called an ethnic group) that is normally based on similar traits, such as a common language, common heritage, and cultural similarities within the group. Other variables that play a role in ethnicity, though not in all cases, include a geographical connection to a particular place, common foods and diets, and perhaps a common faith. Race is a word with similar meaning though describing more physical traits, as opposed to the cultural traits of ethnicity.

Race

Race is similar to ethnicity, but relates more to the appearance of a person, especially the color of their skin. Race is determined biologically, and includes other inherited genetic traits such as hair and eye color and bone and jaw structure, among other things.

www.dauntlessjaunter.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Someone needs to tell the printer of these forms they're messing up. If Asians are a race, shouldn't white people be classified as European? I'm a European American. Sounds equally stupid as African American!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Just another piece of evidence that racism is the friend to and the creation of the perpetraitors in control.

The strategy of playing groups against each other and separating along racial fissures has has been a very effective tool of manipulation...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
SLC protesters are demanding justice for DIllion's death. Other than them and the merging of protests with Mike Brown, there's silence. At least there's the two joining. But damn it really says something now doesn't it? Not talking about race, but the overall silence of what happened.
edit on 22-8-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Yes I read on another site that the statistics on Google Search were 14,700,000 for Mike Brown and 4300 for Dillon Taylor. Dillon was killed 2 days after Mike Brown. That's a staggering difference. The arrogance of the chief of police in Salt Lake City is nauseating. Those numbers are rounded off. I don't know how to get those numbers, I just read it on a website that I'd rather not link to.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
a reply to: Murgatroid

Someone needs to tell the printer of these forms they're messing up. If Asians are a race, shouldn't white people be classified as European? I'm a European American. Sounds equally stupid as African American!

I hold the opposite view calling someone a some what vague and mostly inaccurate description in terms of a color is stupid ,at least European American or African American,give one a continent of ancestral origin plus one's experience as an American in terms of cultural and national identity makes a hellova lot more sense than Black or White,in fact those terms will reduce the concept of "RACE" which is a social construct and not a biological reality, and before anyone say lets just call ourselves Americans let me stop you right there,yes it true we are all Americans and it sounds nice and patriotic but there are two problems 1st try and put out an APB by just using the term American,2nd the entire so-called New World is America,which includes the United States of America

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Your idea sounds good! I think if people need to be hyphenated Americans, it should be ancestral nationality followed by American. I'm Irish-American. It would then be on the cop to figure out the color of my skin. Even for people that moved to a different nation than original, they would be identified as whatever country their family originally came from. This is getting complicated...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join