It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed White Teen Shot Dead By Non-White Utah Cop

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven
Those words came from the chief of police! "Which Officer Olsen" Are you just trying to be dense? It means there are 2 Olsens! How can you get anything other than that? My intuition tells me that the black Olsen is in that cadet graduation photo! I am willing to stake my reputation on it! You'll see... oh and isn't it odd that we can't get a photo of this non-white officer, yet Darren Wilson's photo is available as well as his house! Double standard? You bet there is!

edit on 3-9-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

You keep asserting this, but I see no proof. I'm not "trying to be dense" here - I simply do not see the logical or factual links.

How do you know that an Officer Olsen (it doesn't matter which, assuming there is more than one) is named as having shot the teenager?

I have not been able to find such a thing, nor have I found such in this thread. Perhaps you can provide a link?

I suspect that someone noticed the caption for the photo in the story you wrote in the OP, which was about the dog shooting incident involving Brett Olsen - a separate incident entirely - and conflated the two incidents.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
DA rules killing justified

And they released the video. Careful watching it though, it explicitly shows a trigger happy cop with no control over his adrenaline shooting a person who is obviously confused and/or in shock who is also starting to put their hands up.

The cop perceived his life was in danger from the man walking slowly away from him and started obeying his panicked out of control commands.

And race baiters, it was a white cop. Pipe down.

edit on 1-10-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: framedragged
Thanks for posting the video. I have a question now about this. You're saying the cop that shot Dillon was white. Why then did the SLC police chief say that he was non-white? I didn't just make that up. It's a direct quote from him in the SLC Tribune. Maybe the body camera footage isn't from the "non white" cop?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The cop on the right looks like he's black. Maybe that's the black trigger happy Officer Olsen. I don't like that they are not showing the entire video and that the audio is all hacked up. Coverup in progress!

EDIT: After looking at the video again, it is the cop wearing the body camera that shot Dillon. Here's the moment he shot him.

Police state that when ordered to stop and show his hands by Officer Bron Cruz, the killer cop who was following Taylor as he walked away, Taylor said, “No, fool.”, this is apparently punishable by death. Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...
thefreethoughtproject.com...

So Bron Cruz is the cop who shot Dillon, and his police chief identified him as being non-white. So I presume that means Hispanic? This is still murder by the cops, no matter the race. I'll find a photo of this killer cop and post it once it's found.
edit on 1-10-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
While there are two cops, he was shot twice (correct me if I'm wrong?) and the bodycam footage shows two shots which looked decently accurate to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra

I tried finding out what race Officer Brett Olsen is but no luck so far. It doesn't sound Hispanic so it must be black!

wow ...I used to work with 3 different "Tim Smiths" all Hispanic,none spoke English .does not "Sound" Hispanic to me

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcatsrule
You can't lay all the blame for this on me. The story broke that it was a black cop shooting an unarmed white teen, so I ran with it. The scumbag police chief said he was non-white. Cops like this should find another line of work.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

sorry I meant no blame and wasn't pointing fingers ,simply pointing out you can not tell race or color just by a name

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

In a transcript from a deposition taken after the shooting, Officer Cruz said he was “100 percent convinced” that Mr. Taylor had a gun when he turned around, according to the Deseret News. “I was scared to death. The last thought I had go through my mind when I pulled the trigger, and I’ll never forget this … was that I was too late. I was too late. And because of that, I was going to get killed. Worse, my [partner] was going to get killed,” the officer said in the deposition.
www.washingtontimes.com...

Look at the url in the link above. The newspapers are still saying the cop was black! They're being instigators!

As for Bron Cruz, your words prove you're not cut out to be a cop. Scared to death and too early with your gun. Piece of garbage, I hope you rot in hell!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcatsrule
No apology necessary, I deserve ridicule sometimes, lol. I see what you mean though. I don't know where I got mixed up thinking that Bron Cruz was actually a black Brett Olsen... I must have mixed up some articles I read. Then my one track mind determined that Olsen wasn't Hispanic, leading to it must be black. The chief should have just said the cop was Hispanic and saved me all this grief.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here's a link that shows a little more video footage of Dillon being murdered. It's bloody... but I think people should see it. See what these cops are doing to innocent people, it's bad, all because they're scared witless... Get another job!
www.addictinginfo.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So Bron Cruz is the cop who shot Dillon, and his police chief identified him as being non-white. So I presume that means Hispanic? This is still murder by the cops, no matter the race. I'll find a photo of this killer cop and post it once it's found.

But it does matter to YOU!,you were the one looking for an equivalency here, bad black cop shooting white teen where is the black protest/unrest where the hell is Sharpton and Jessie.
Now I do not lay the blame on you for the apparent mistaken identity of the killer cop but to your approach on this whole matter, incidentally I do think Sharpton and Jessie should lend their support to the family of this kid and other victims of police murders for if they are true followers of the King then:

edit on 1-10-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I would just like to say that I have been to the 7-11 where this occurred and quite recently. For what it is worth I would like to point out that whites are the minority in the area. The majority of the population are refugees and the area is very racially diverse.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
I see your point. You are right I was trying to point out the difference in coverage with the races reversed. I was led astray by the faulty media reports and the vague, evasive police chief. However you can't deny that the media does focus attention on a story when it's a white cop, black shooting victim. I was reacting to that constant coverage angle and the constant practice of ignoring black on white crime. Or saying that such crime is not racially motivated. Such as the "knockout game" aka "polar bear hunting". It's hard not to react the way I do after dealing with the realities I just mentioned.

So if there was fair media coverage by the media when cops unjustly kill citizens, leaving the race factor out of it, just focus on the fact that cops are killing unarmed citizens it would be better and keep everyone united in putting a stop to it. It's like the media has a job assigned to them to cause divisiveness! They're doing a good job...

edit on 2-10-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm
When you say refugees, wouldn't it be more accurate to say illegal aliens? Refugees is a term used to describe people fleeing from a war zone. I don't think there's a war going on south of the border, just poverty and corrupt governments. Just like here. I think you meant to say illegal aliens. Or is that too, not politically correct for me to say? Too bad I said it and it's an accurate description.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

No, Salt Lake has a large refugee population from numerous areas.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
No it would not be more accurate since most are indeed here legally. They are people fleeing war zones. While many are from Northern Africa, the Middle East and so on, their are many latinos as well coming from war torn south America.

So no, your description is not accurate. As a California native with experience with illegals, I know the difference.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join