It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is a thigh bone not a thigh bone? When it's a rock on Mars!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
A friend sent me this image:

Normally, I see rocks as rocks... For the most part.

But today I think pareidolia has gotten the better of me!

This can't be a thigh bone can it?

Original image:

Linky

Not sure who originally found this, but kudos... It made my day!

Hope it makes yours too!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Aaah, now I see, TY! xD

Do you have any scale to compare it? Or coordinates?
edit on 18-8-2014 by Yuuma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'll admit, it does look like a leg bone. Are you able to zoom in and post a pic of it? I would do it but I'm at work.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Def looks like a bone. Could be. Worth discussing and speculating about.

We know that it's very likely that Mars had life and that it's again, possible that life evolved into large creatures that could have left fossils and bones behind. We know that with all the impacts of meteors on mars and the intense dust storms that these fossils could be unearthed (Unmarsed) at any time. So this is very possible, a bone!

Unless you are one of those pseudo skeptics that will pop in here.. any minute now and yell "Rocks!" LOL

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I never expressed I didn't think it was a rock, just that it sure looks interesting.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Best I could do.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yuuma
I can't see anything... Just 2 rocks. Seriously.
I'm not a skeptical but I don't think that's a thigh bone

It may not be a human or earth dwelling mammalian thigh bone, but it sure as heck looks like a bone of some sort (also notice the other morcel of material that ressembles another fragment of bone just below the bottom end of said "bone" at around the 7 o clock mark).

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm terrible with gimp, but I tried zooming it a bit (250(ish) pixels to 500):

I hate how it gets grainy whenever I try, but it works perfect for others!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It does resemble a bone, wow! The bottoms of the "thigh bone on Mars" and the bottom of a human thigh bone are very similar.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Bone found near a pile of rocks? Perhaps this was a burial site for some martian dude.

This has to be the best anomaly found to date.
edit on 8/18/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/18/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gspatIntere

Interesting Catch. If you look, just under the main 'bone', there appears to be another sticking up out of the ground. Same color anyway.
Just sayin.... Syx.

EDIT: Sorry Rod, yer post was not here when I started writing this, even though the time-stamp says it was? Odd... Anyway, good that at least you saw that too. Syx.

edit on 18-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
How come the ground is different around the 'bone' and rocks has the rover dug this up

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If that's a femur, then I'm Phyllis Diller... because to my eyes, (and mind you, I'm no geologist or anthropologist) it looks like a rock that resembles a femur. Albeit a flat femur...

Hey, food for thought: maybe the Martians have flat bones(?)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 18-8-2014 by Yuuma because: :B

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

There was another thread back in April about "bones" on Mars. It's a very interesting topic, who knows if they really are bones or rocks. If they were bones one would expect them to be buried by now but maybe things work a little differently on Mars. I'm no expert, lol.

Found it!

A vertebral-body similarity on Mars, a Doctor comments

We are finding some very good items on the anomalies thread, mostly sea shell like things imbedded in rocks.

But here is an odd one, and I wish there were more than just one. Does this have any vertebrae like similarities at all, or is it just an interesting shape (I mean the one on the left which I've rotated in another pic underneath. Don't even look at the smaller rock on the far-right.)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: the_philth
If that's a femur, then I'm Phyllis Diller... because to my eyes, (and mind you, I'm no geologist or anthropologist) it looks like a rock that resembles a femur. Albeit a flat femur...

Hey, food for thought: maybe the Martians have flat bones(?)

Vaguely ressembles this type of bone too although this one is a lot thicker (Front limb bone (humerus) from Brachiosaurus)) :

More here : en.wikipedia.org...

Wear and tear and also the amount of years this object has been buried or just sitting there can also make big difference to the general appearance...

To the naysayers :

Size and shape of the eventual individual/species who possibly owned this said "bone" should be taken into consideration too, it is not because we are so used to seeing bones as we know them here on earth and that this "bone" does not ressemble them that this should be filed under "Not a bone".

It could be a bone, it could be also a "rock" as some people like to put it... until one day samples will be taken we can never be sure...

Personally, I for one would like to believe that this object belonged to a living "creature"

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 18/8/14 by Rodinus because: Crap grammar

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

I was noticing that too. Strange eh? It does look like maybe the rover was digging there.

To: The_Philth, The skeletons of other life forms very well may not have the same looking bones that we do...... Different size/shaped entities, I would think, would have different looking bones than we do......

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Hey Rod! Dangit though, we are having simultanious thoughts here Bud. This is twice that while I was typing, you dropped your post just before I got mine done. LOL!!! Wow there is some synchronicity going on, eh? LOL!!!!

Syx

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Okay. Every single one of this always looks just like rocks to me. Apart from this one.
I'm genuinely scratching my head wondering what this could be.

A very good find OP.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: Rodinus

Hey Rod! Dangit though, we are having simultanious thoughts here Bud. This is twice that while I was typing, you dropped your post just before I got mine done. LOL!!! Wow there is some synchronicity going on, eh? LOL!!!!

Syx

Hmmmm *scratches head in thought*

Sounds like a thread might be in its making here?

Right, back to the cooking for me Mrs R is doing a flip out downstairs waiting for me...

Have a great day/evening/afternoon or whatever folks...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join