It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is a thigh bone not a thigh bone? When it's a rock on Mars!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here is a perspective shot of the anomaly. I'm going to take a stab and guess it is a few inches long at the most.

Also there is a strange looking line of circles up and to the left.

What the heck is that?
edit on 8.18.2014 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
1 can understand how you can OP correlate this being similar to bones found on EA*RTH.
@ times when considering MARS gravity it would seem the bone structures (if present) would be less dense in form to EA*RTH based bone density, due to less gravity on MARS pulling on the bone structures interior...

Outta box, who is to say some of the observed finds aren't part of some not from MARS falling to it from fighting and crashing...

Interesting find non the less

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

There are the same "dots" next to the ???? is that pic. Good find.

ETA: So we should be looking for martians with really tiny legs?

edit on 8/18/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yuuma
Aaah, now I see, TY! xD

Do you have any scale to compare it? Or coordinates?

I've been going back and checking out the other mastcam images...

Isn't this the "hidden valley" area it's supposedly backing out of because it's too soft?

I'm thinking the rocks shifting and the sand(?) caving in is because the rover drove past it, so the images would seemingly be relatively close to it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

Judging by the track marks, the rover pretty much rolled right on top of it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Those dots could be sample collections, but that "rock" is mighty interesting for sure.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CellDamage420

Yep...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Fossilized bone is what now?

Seems some are overlooking that bones turn into rocks over long periods of time and in the right conditions.

This might be a bit of a scretch but I'm thinking human bones might vary greatly when compared with other species. Just a crazy thought, seeing how the human bone is being referenced a lot for something found on Mars.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
I'm terrible with gimp, but I tried zooming it a bit (250(ish) pixels to 500):

I hate how it gets grainy whenever I try, but it works perfect for others!

To me, it also looks like the bone has been moved. Look at the dirt, like it was "swiped".

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostmymarbles
Fossilized bone is what now?

Seems some are overlooking that bones turn into rocks over long periods of time and in the right conditions.

This might be a bit of a scretch but I'm thinking human bones might vary greatly when compared with other species. Just a crazy thought, seeing how the human bone is being referenced a lot for something found on Mars.

As I also pointed out earlier on : Size and shape of the eventual individual/species who possibly owned this said "bone" should be taken into consideration too, it is not because we are so used to seeing bones as we know them here on earth and that this "bone" does not ressemble them that this should be filed under "Not a bone".

In my opinion it would be wise to disassoiate bones as we see them here on earth and try and think about what a bone may look like coming from a totally new species from another planet no?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
1 can understand how you can OP correlate this being similar to bones found on EA*RTH.
@ times when considering MARS gravity it would seem the bone structures (if present) would be less dense in form to EA*RTH based bone density, due to less gravity on MARS pulling on the bone structures interior...

Outta box, who is to say some of the observed finds aren't part of some not from MARS falling to it from fighting and crashing...

Interesting find non the less

Bone density is proportional to the amount of stress put on them. Look at an elephant or rhino, and they are stort stocky bones. Look at those of a small bird, and they will be light-weight and hollow. Those of a kangeroo will be somewhere inbetween but due to the bouncing around that they do, they are much more dense.

To me, that picture looks like someone took the bones of a bird and stuffed them in a clay pot, which was then buried under some tiles, which in turn got covered by martian dust.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I just saw this yesterday, being discussed on Jeep3r's epic thread, HERE

originally posted by: ArMaP
Is it me or does that rock in the centre of the photo looks like a bone?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: Rodinus

Hey Rod! Dangit though, we are having simultanious thoughts here Bud. This is twice that while I was typing, you dropped your post just before I got mine done. LOL!!! Wow there is some synchronicity going on, eh? LOL!!!!

Syx

Hmmmm *scratches head in thought*

Sounds like a thread might be in its making here?

Right, back to the cooking for me Mrs R is doing a flip out downstairs waiting for me...

Have a great day/evening/afternoon or whatever folks...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Rod, are you serious that you just had the thought of making a Thread about the Simultanious thoughts/Synchronicity Topic! Man Dude, here we go again!!! (Not really,I am kidding on that one Rod! LOL!!!)
But on the two earlier, it was starting to freak me out! LOL!!
I actually think that would be a Great Topic to write in Here Rod!
And we have it in writing right now, so no one else can claim this subject... We now have a poor mans copyright on it! LOL!!!
I do think however, that there are threads already in here that deal with this very subject. Not sure though......
Anyways, Thanx for the reply on this.
You take it easy, and have a good one!!! Later On, Syx.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wow. Thats the most interesting pic I've personal seen. Probably a rock but sure looks like a leg bone. Looks thick.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
How come the ground is different around the 'bone' and rocks has the rover dug this up

Does appear that object has been moved...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: sheepslayer247

There was another thread back in April about "bones" on Mars. It's a very interesting topic, who knows if they really are bones or rocks. If they were bones one would expect them to be buried by now but maybe things work a little differently on Mars. I'm no expert, lol.

Found it!

A vertebral-body similarity on Mars, a Doctor comments

Perhaps a Martian dog dug them up...

We are finding some very good items on the anomalies thread, mostly sea shell like things imbedded in rocks.

But here is an odd one, and I wish there were more than just one. Does this have any vertebrae like similarities at all, or is it just an interesting shape (I mean the one on the left which I've rotated in another pic underneath. Don't even look at the smaller rock on the far-right.)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

ArMaP spotted this one days ago .. he's being a bit quite about it

funbox

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
ArMaP spotted this one days ago .. he's being a bit quite about it

funbox

Thanks! Now I know who to thank...

Hope he pops into the thread and gives his opinion!

Posting in that humungous thread kinda sucks... gets lost in the noise really quick!
edit on 18-8-2014 by gspat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

yeah its a bit noisy in there , I anticipate Jeep will be rolling out paart deux, in a similar sol by sol picture sort.

just spotted ArMaP , im sure he'll be along with a lowdown

funbox

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join