It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is a thigh bone not a thigh bone? When it's a rock on Mars!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Interesting to compare this with an unidentified fossilized femur (possibly a large cat) found in Florida.

www.thefossilforum.com.../topic/38516-femur-fossil-what-is-it/

Mars anomaly:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
perhaps it was fossilized and then weathered, giving us a distorted glimpse of what it originally looked like. could've been much more round to begin with.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

originally posted by: whatsup86
You all know they call us nutters because of these threads dont you?

Thanks a lot.

This thread should be called: when a rock is not a rock? When its a rock on mars.

Congratulations for denying ignorance...

May I ask why you originally decided to become a member of ATS?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ive seen Ufos myself in 3 different occasions. So searching for truth basically.

But all these threads are emberassing and nothing but a waste of forum space.

1 word: pareidolia. Look it up. At any site with a lot of rocks on earth you can find things like this. Especially if you make photos from 1 angle with few colours you can find anything you want to find. In the end its just rocks.

People find potato chips that look like celebrities. Do you really think youre seeing something special? If so why just 1 bone every time. No ruins no caves no plants no weapons or anything. Nothing that points to these rocks being anything more than a nice case of pareidolia. I wish these pictures were put in 1 thread. Its not like its news with any kind of value. Its just the same stuff every single time.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

(" Nothing here, move along.") Sorry, I got two threads mixed up
and had posted something here that was totally wrong!?)

Syx.

edit on 19-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gspat

I Gotta post this. There's a piece of Petrified Wood straight down from the bone, near the bottom of the pile.
Look at the left end of that piece, there is a bottle cap There!!? Zoom in!!!
Later, Syx.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

At minimum it is a very interesting rock.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Are these areas circled in blue showing signs of MARS soil seeping / falling into something beneath?

Can any explain the holes or is this Pareidolia

Maybe future rovers need these to better see.

To help check-map with SHARAD (Mars SHAllow RADar sounder)

If they are not already present

edit on 8/19/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Cant anyone else see how this looks different than the surrounding area? At least 3 or 4 anomolous things stick out to me. 1. All around the "bone", well more so below it, the sand consistency is completely different than the surrounding area 2. Notice the "S" or "zig-zag" pattern on the right hand side going from about 2 oclock down to 6 oclock at least- looks to be like an indent from the scoop that dumped this pile of dirt, rocks, and yes even possible bones there. 3. Notice how the rock(s) in the center of the "dumped pile" looks to have been broken or busted apart, recently even since the inside of the rock pieces are of a much lighter color than the outside surfaces of the rocks. 4. About the 7 oclock position at the bottom of the dump pile there appears to be a half buried piece of bone also- POSSiBLY- the left side of it is jagged from end to end, you can even see the jagged edges under the sand on the parts that are buried!
And lastly, to be funny, it looks kinda like a rat is sitting in a little hole at about the 2 oclock position right along the edge of the top "zig-zag" line! lol

Anyways, does anyone else see all this? To me, this looks like it was dug up from a few feet away or something by the rover and then dumped at this spot on the ground. So what we think we may be seeing may actually be EXACTLY what we think they are.
Then again, maybe we're all just seeing #!! lol

edit on 19-8-2014 by weknowall because: forgot a few words

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Usually the 'it's just a rock" is the likeliest explanation... and this really could be an unusual rock... but dang it looks like a bone.

There are more and more strange, biological looking rocks on Mars... neat... we really could be looking at fossils... but hands on (or robot hands on) testing is needed. This rock is one I'd put on a short list for testing... despite the flattened look.

Maybe some day we'll click in to see an unmistakable skull or symmetrical carving... that will be a wild day.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Looks like it to me.
so its not human.
its not on earth!

but look at the dust and lines in it?
looks like some one has been mesing about???
is NASA messing us about?
or some one in it?

look at the right side.
3 lines!
some thing has been removed!!!
and the rocks in the middle.
have be brocken not long ago?

edit on 19-8-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
ill be darned if that rock doesn't look like a femur.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
oh! I see now.
the zig zag lines on right are from the rover wheels.
them roacks brock as the wheels ran them over!
week rocks!
you can see it on the biger pic.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha
Yep,the lines are the rover tracks-don't worry B,I have been foxed by them before as well.
I am used to them now-but that bone like thing is a real anomaly IMO.
A shame NASA did a laser analysis just a few feet away(the line of circles mentioned)but left this bone alone!

Send the rover back please NASA to do a laser analysis on the bone!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

It would have to be an awfully malformed leg bone.

I bet it's a weathered concretion.

A concretion is a hard, compact mass of matter formed by the precipitation of mineral cement within the spaces between particles, and is found in sedimentary rock or soil.[1] Concretions are often ovoid or spherical in shape, although irregular shapes also occur. The word 'concretion' is derived from the Latin con meaning 'together' and crescere meaning 'to grow'. Concretions form within layers of sedimentary strata that have already been deposited. They usually form early in the burial history of the sediment, before the rest of the sediment is hardened into rock. This concretionary cement often makes the concretion harder and more resistant to weathering than the host stratum.

There is an important distinction to draw between concretions and nodules. Concretions are formed from mineral precipitation around some kind of nucleus while a nodule is a replacement body.

Descriptions dating from the 18th century attest to the fact that concretions have long been regarded as geological curiosities. Because of the variety of unusual shapes, sizes and compositions, concretions have been interpreted to be dinosaur eggs, animal and plant fossils (called pseudofossils), extraterrestrial debris or human artifacts.

SOURCE
Like this unweathered one:

They can come out weirdly neat.
And is proof of liquid water imho.
edit on 19-8-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

ok its an elephant

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Sure looks like a weird rock. I think there was once life there before the core cooled and it lost its gravity, air, water, life.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Really looks like a bone. I don't trust "scientific fact" when it comes to life in the universe because who's to say there really isn't life there? Maybe underground, maybe even on the surface?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Don't know if it's been mentioned but other than weathering the bone/fossil is on Mars and its composition and girth (density) may be down the difference in gravity compared to similar bones found on earth that are more dense :-) due to our considerably stronger gravity.

To clarify.... Earth creatures evolved for life on Earth..... Martian creatures evolved for life on Mars... less bone, less muscle.... scrawny thin looking thing.... grey like for example :-)
edit on 19-8-2014 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If you look at the original image you notice that the pile of debris has been covered up with dirt that is darker than the surrounding dirt, just as it would look if you covered up something with fresh dirt out in a barren field or desert on Earth, fresh soil with more moisture. It seems to me they used the rover to cover this up with dirt.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adaluncatif
If you look at the original image you notice that the pile of debris has been covered up with dirt that is darker than the surrounding dirt, just as it would look if you covered up something with fresh dirt out in a barren field or desert on Earth, fresh soil with more moisture. It seems to me they used the rover to cover this up with dirt.

Also, if you zoom in there is a vertical line on the right side of the image where the color is different. The entire 7/8 of the left portion of the image has been darkened.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join