It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the green flame

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

That'd be interesting, if it weren't for the fact that the XB-70's RCS made the B-52 look like an F-117.

Those trick 2D variable intakes and compression lift engine nacelle/wing droops were like giant radar mirrors.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The NRO needed a new follow-on asset after putting their mid-late 90's asset to bed, according to my source.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: themadgenius

I'm going to assume that the mid-90's platform that you're referring to is the rumored massively expensive, massively capable one with multiple contractors involved that was the inspiration for the blackstar story.

I wonder, was it retired for cost/upkeep reasons or due to obsolescence...

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Misconception is to believe USAF is the underpinning behind programs at dreamland, my source says NRO has the amazing programs everybody is dying to see. USAF is just the front.

Which when you just sit back and think about it conceptually, NRO is a highly classified agency. Their Sat missions are highly classified, so anything terrestrial flight-wise would be even more highly classified in level. So BS test pass!

Newer technology from what I understand^^^

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: themadgenius

I totally believe it.

In terms of cost per flying article, nothing comes close to the investments that the US gov is willing to let the NRO make. Compared to the flying cost of a KH-11, rhiolyte, vortex/mentor, or even something mundane like a TDRS or an onyx/lacrosse, even a B-2 or the AARS/quartz starts to look cheap in comparison.

Still curious about whatever it was the green lady replaced, though.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yeah, keep dreaming. Heh.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Do you think a day we will have a picture of the Green Lady ? Where ever it is surely at a moment somebody with a cell phone will capture it in flight when it go or come back home.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

There are aircraft that have flown in the black world for 30 years that don't have a single picture out there.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh I know, that was more rhetorical.

My best guess is "something incredibly capable and mind-bogglingly expensive, pushing the McDonnell isinglass concept to the ragged edge of feasibility. Dreamed up/approved under Reagan, developed under Bush, flown under Clinton."

Or to put it this way, there's a reason why the NRO let the USAF shut down the SLC-6/Vandenberg project and gave up on the promise of polar shuttle flights without so much as a peep of protest.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
These programs are built under tight timelines for a specific mission detail. Don't be surprised if after the mission, these programs get sent to crusher and get disposed of. Don't think Gov keeps everything!

Like it was told to me...Sats don't do everything! The speed envelope has been built out for at least 2 decades, it other mission parameters that these programs are really serving. It is not so much they want to keep the Mach # classified, as is, what people will than ask what the program does after getting on target so quickly! That is how it was relayed to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You might be surprised honestly.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

*** Post Removed ***

edit on 9/6/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

edit on 9/6/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

*** Post Removed ***

edit on 9/6/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

edit on 9/6/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" - William Shakespeare

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Damn youz!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have a feeling I missed something interesting.

This is why I never do well on Black Friday.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Nothing relevant to the discussion.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I have a feeling I missed something interesting.

This is why I never do well on Black Friday.

Got a feeling that was a JOKE lol,and nothing was actually said or disclosed.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join