It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the green flame

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

A fast way to loose a sweet gig would be to open your mouth. I don't blame the guys for never saying anything. If I got the opportunity to use advanced technology you best believe I'd sew my own mouth shut so I could continue to operate it.

This is why I don't understand people saying there ought to be more witnesses and whistleblowers about the advanced stuff we have. Never understimate people, if they've got a sweet thing going -- they won't want to ruin it by opening their mouth.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think the ones that work on these type of projects have a large sense of nationalism as well. They know that more than just there jobs can be lost if national secrets get out to the wrong people.

Loose lips sinks ships.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Yup. And it's not some blind 'Murrica! type either. They don't recruitt dummies.
edit on 12-9-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

freedom isn't cheap

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

freedom isn't cheap

Neither are the whores in the senate and DoD. lol!!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

And if you know one of those folks, the only acknowledgement you might get is a loose visual confirmation if you put the pieces together yourself and ask the right questions. Even then, you might never know 100% if your supposition is correct. They are very good, the best, at not spilling classified info.

They (and you) do not want the DIA sniffing about around you...that is a very bad sign.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
As interesting as you think these projects would be, they're really all not that interesting because of mission parameters.

Lets take a look at the Bird of Prey program. The only spectacular aspect of that program is the single body composite construction. It is really amazing to see it at National USAF museum in Dayton hanging from the ceiling. People probably walk right under it all the time and really don't know how close they're to the black world.

Once again, my classified programs have a specific missions parameters, which, maybe anything from new construction or design methodology to actual mission testing and information gathering. You would be surprised to learn how many programs actually never leave the ground and after there mission study is completed get destroyed or buried.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: themadgenius
As interesting as you think these projects would be, they're really all not that interesting because of mission parameters.

Lets take a look at the Bird of Prey program. The only spectacular aspect of that program is the single body composite construction. It is really amazing to see it at National USAF museum in Dayton hanging from the ceiling. People probably walk right under it all the time and really don't know how close they're to the black world.

Once again, my classified programs have a specific missions parameters, which, maybe anything from new construction or design methodology to actual mission testing and information gathering. You would be surprised to learn how many programs actually never leave the ground and after there mission study is completed get destroyed or buried.

Cough graphene bodies cough cough.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Stu[pid hyper clicking mouse button
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: aggravation

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

A fast way to loose a sweet gig would be to open your mouth. I don't blame the guys for never saying anything. If I got the opportunity to use advanced technology you best believe I'd sew my own mouth shut so I could continue to operate it.

This is why I don't understand people saying there ought to be more witnesses and whistleblowers about the advanced stuff we have. Never understimate people, if they've got a sweet thing going -- they won't want to ruin it by opening their mouth.

"Those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know"

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: stratsys-sws

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

"Those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know"

Actually le tme fix that for ya.
"those who know dont talk,Those who talk and know dissapear,and those who talk dont know"

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Aint that the truth

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Actually le tme fix that for ya.
"those who know dont talk,Those who talk and know dissapear,and those who talk dont know"

Those who know about THIS project but deduce what they're doing on THAT very similar project and talk about THAT one get hauled in and screamed at for several days.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

They also get their telephone disconnected.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

They also get their telephone disconnected.

Not so much, but I did earn an annual poly. Oh, and my house was gone through, which was a bit creepy.

Got home from my lecture, was cutting off the bedside lamp, found a wad of gum on the switch. Called it in, was told "that was your billet doux from the guys that went through your house".

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Why didnt you leave a bear trap at the door? Lol!!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm thinking if someone maybe made a diary or Journal of their experiences with things like sketches and data/project designations and then sat on it for 30-50 years before releasing it, would they get in trouble? Would hauling a 60-80s year old person in handcuffs in front of a judge really look good for the DOD?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnthejedi24
I'm thinking if someone maybe made a diary or Journal of their experiences with things like sketches and data/project designations and then sat on it for 30-50 years before releasing it, would they get in trouble? Would hauling a 60-80s year old person in handcuffs in front of a judge really look good for the DOD?

You would never hear about it. it would be done out of the public eye

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Wow, they really take this stuff seriously. I don't think I could ever sign a "lifetime" NDA In good conscience.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnthejedi24

Wow, they really take this stuff seriously. I don't think I could ever sign a "lifetime" NDA In good conscience.

I would, if it meant I could l learn about new things.

When you're on the outside looking in, its hard to understand the motivation and reasons why some things are better left a secret. When you don't know exactly what is being kept from you, its hard to know why it's being kept from you.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join