It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the green flame

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I don't even stargaze and have twice. Although I know what one was now.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

im not even an aviation guy really and I've seen 4 different things over the last decade or two if I add it all up. life's weird. some people look their whole lives and never see anything. a idiot walking home from kfc sees a triangle.

sometimes I think the universe and or the govt. chose the wrong putz when it came to my sightings.
edit on 26-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I'm convinced the really cool stuff hides from me.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You just gotta put some effort into it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

That's for sure.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

i recommend standing on my sidewalk to see all the good stuff. no effort required. heck some aircraft even come to you.

it sure beats trekking around the desert.

edit on 26-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Also if something happens to go wrong in the adverse conditions tests it can be salvaged or at worst easily secured.

Flying over Canada/Alaska can be good preparation for future flights over Alaska's Neighbor.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hawks

Well I'm in Alaska and I can tell you, I haven't seen much in 32 years. And I'm always looking up, the Northern Lights might be out.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: spaceman42

Yes and no. It appears almost instantaneous and down to a hover from the ground because of the altitude it's at. It can decelerate and accelerate quicker than you think, but it's largely an optical illusion.

Oh great another Rabbit hole...A companion to the Green Lady..Not including the Black Triangles or X37b.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Yes and no. It appears almost instantaneous and down to a hover from the ground because of the altitude it's at. It can decelerate and accelerate quicker than you think, but it's largely an optical illusion.

I was going to say that the flight path LeviB describes almost sounded like what I'd imagine a supersonic-launching TSTO would look like from the ground. First, it lines up its launch inclination (the S-turn) before flying a parabola (where it appears to slow down) before launching the spaceplane/its payload (the acceleration).

My other guess was something with a two-stage propulsion setup either changing it's cycle or transitioning from its airbreathing engines to its closed-cycle powerplant.

It crossed my mind later that what I thought was "It" slowing down was actually a change in altitude before heading North again

edit on 27-8-2015 by LeviB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger

Oh great another Rabbit hole...A companion to the Green Lady..Not including the Black Triangles or X37b.

TR-3b!!*runs and hides*

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Blackfinger

TR-3b!!*runs and hides*

Flay that man!!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I see more & more people referring to "The Green Lady"...noob question, is the general consensus that this is the "SR72".. or one of the Darpa Falcon projects, or something else entirely?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DichroChrono

From what I've gathered, it's neither the blackswift more the SR-72, but a third, manned, platform.

Others may correct me, but the basic details I've put together are: roughly SR-71-sized, manned, and using heavily, HEAVILY modified/augmented J58-type engines, likely burning jp7 AND boron-related additives, to achieve mach 3.5-4 at altitudes 10-20k feet higher than the blackbird flew.

As for planform, it's been hinted at that it uses a low-observable design with a looong development history, a design supposedly originating in the 60s. That, to me at least, suggests that it can trace it's origins back to the Convair FISH/Kingfish designs, which were competitors to what became the A-12, but we're supposedly MUCH stealthier. The kingfish especially even had rudimentary faceting.

The CIA ultimately chose the Lockheed A-12 design because it was the simpler and less ambitious of the two. Let that sink in for a moment.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby
Why IF a Platform like this exist and work well , not transform it in a low payload first strike bomber ?

edit on 4-9-2015 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Because that requires a complete redesign of half the aircraft.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
OK, do you think The Green Lady is at the end of its life or more in the begining ? Sadly we never see it in the white ?

edit on 4-9-2015 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How about a Blackbird-sized XB-70, with newer tech?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Wait... isn't the green lady the one that Bassplyr saw twice? I thought it was practically silent and had an orb of plasma extending from it. While no one wants to say what its mission is, all we have been told is that it is very advanced and likely to stay very black for a long time/forever.

Bass: Any chance you could re-post the renderings that another member here made based off of your reports?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: keeley

No, that was off on a tangent, like we usually shoot off on in this forum. The Green Lady is another bird.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join