It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Perry indicted ...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

So you are saying that it is proper to have a person convicted of a .23 DUI, hit and run, and trying to use her position to get arresting officers to let her go in aggressive and abusive manner stay as a district attorney and head iof the (and the irony is thick) public integrity unit?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

That is 100% wrong. The entire issue revolves around her criminality and her refusal to step down after conviction.

This is her office, she is the Travis county DA and the indictment is from the Travis county DA. This is payback for trying to get the convicted drunk driver to step down. This is so obvious even a Canadian should be able to see it.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Daughter2
The law gives perry the veto no?

Not when he says he will withhold funding unless a person resigns. That's basically blackmail. He should have just kept his mouth shut and withheld the funding.

Federal government does this to states all the time. Follow these rules or we wont give you this money. While I am no Rick Perry Fan he was probably in the right to do this. He is allowed to Veto and he is allowed free speech and he is allowed to decide why he might want to veto something as governor.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

They already do that. Why do you think the drinking age in every state is 21? Because the Feds refused highway funds until they got their way. Same with the 55 speed limit. Same with Obama withholding Medicaid funds, etc, etc, etc

Perry has the right of veto.

It is wrong to fund a public organization run by a convicted criminal. What he did was both legal and right and this "indictment" is the drunks office (remember, this comes from HER office) firing back at being pressed to do the right thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: buster2010
So his crime is using his right to free speech then?

It has nothing to do with free speech. Most of you agree with Perry she should have stepped down but the think of how this could be used in other situations. Obama could stop all Federal funding going to Texas if Perry didn't step down. Perry could withhold all funding for schools if the school board elected anyone who believed in evolution.

If Perry felt strongly about this, the proper route should have been to introduce a bill that would set criminal standards for some offices. That way it gets voted upon instead of dictated by a tyrant.

(BTW, back in the day Bush was a drinker too)

While Obama does not have a line item veto he could in theory say I wont sign this Bill unless Rick Perry steps down and he would be perfectly ok in doing that. It is politics. You change these things by voting.

link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

That is 100% wrong. The entire issue revolves around her criminality and her refusal to step down after conviction.

This is her office, she is the Travis county DA and the indictment is from the Travis county DA. This is payback for trying to get the convicted drunk driver to step down. This is so obvious even a Canadian should be able to see it.

I'd say that your issue is not with me...it's with the grand jury, and I would assume that the comment about Canadians refers to an assumption of unfamiliarity with the system...as opposed to a cheap shot.

link   
a reply to: DexteramLucifer

Drunk driving and hit and run are "tiniest of infractions?"

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Unfamiliarity and distance--especially distance--not a cheap shot.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Come to think of it, since this comes from Lehmberg's office, Travus country, wouldn't the corruption be more of her--using her office to create an endictment against the guy who wanted her to step down for being a drunk criminal?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
This is Texas, Where are they going to find a jury to convict Rick Perry.

All it takes i one member of the jury to say not guilty.

Just the indictment alone hurts his chances of making a bid for the presidency. This will follow him everywhere.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

One would think it says more about her then Perry. Her disgraceful attempt to use her office to cover up her drunken actions.

I really doubt that Perry has any chance at being on a party ticket for President. At least I hope it's true.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Just the indictment alone hurts his chances of making a bid for the presidency. This will follow him everywhere.

Some will see him as a hero for doing this. I have strong Liberal leanings and I am in favor of his actions in this case.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Come to think of it, since this comes from Lehmberg's office, Travus country, wouldn't the corruption be more of her--using her office to create an endictment against the guy who wanted her to step down for being a drunk criminal?

BINGO! Yes she is misusing her office in this case. The proper manner for her to have pursued this would have been through civil court.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So let me get this straight?

The DA broke the law and got jailed.

The governor tried to remove her from office

The governor has just been indicted?

Is that right? Cause its hard to get my head around as that seems so.....well wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Even though Texas has become a GOP aligned state, Austin is one of the most liberal area within Texas. A local Travis county jury political leanings might not be what some would expect.
edit on 8/16/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Wrong. The people of Austin think so. a city populated by a super majority of Democrats.

And Perry, or any Texas Governor, DOES have the authority to veto any funds to any agency that they chose.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Right you are Doc. But I have to wonder if this comes from office, or from a 'higher' office, not necessarily in that state.

Also, thank you for your service...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Scandal or no scandal, the only way Rick Perry would see inside the Oval Office would be going on a West Wing tour.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So let me get this straight?

The DA broke the law and got jailed.

The governor tried to remove her from office

The governor has just been indicted?

Is that right? Cause its hard to get my head around as that seems so.....well wrong.

I hear ya m8. Truly bizarro world stuff. When you see that the indictment comes from the office of the criminal DA in question, it all gets a little clearer.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2ndthought

Right you are Doc. But I have to wonder if this comes from office, or from a 'higher' office, not necessarily in that state.

Also, thank you for your service...

Thank you, sir or ma'am.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was instigated by the DNC and/or the Obama administration. It is part of the DNC play book and has been done before. It is the Chicago way and now the Austin way too apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join