It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Perry indicted ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Perry said he'd veto the funding if the district attorney, Rosemary Lehmberg, didn't resign.

Lehmberg had recently been convicted of drunken driving.

The state's Public Integrity Unit operates out of her office.

When Lehmberg refused, Perry carried out his veto, drawing an ethics complaint.

Texas Gov. Perry indicted

Perry said Lehmberg, who is based in Austin, should resign after she was arrested and plead guilty to drunken driving in April 2013.

A video recording made at the jail showed Lehmberg shouting at staffers to call the sheriff, kicking the door of her cell and sticking her tongue out.

Lehmberg served about half of her 45-day jail sentence but stayed in office, despite Perry's assertions that her behavior was inappropriate.

Lehmberg, a Democrat, faced pressure from other high-profile Republicans in addition to Perry to give up her post.

Her blood-alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit for driving

Grand Jury Indicts Texas Governor Rick Perry

-
OPINION: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is Right !!!

( otherwise it's the ... 'foxes guarding the henhouses' )

edit on 15-8-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This one is *Rich*.

Let me guess;

Lehmberg is a Democrat !!!

And She is a jailBird !!!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Of course Rick Perry is right, but we don't live in that world anymore. We now live in the excuse ridden, non responsibility world now. It's not her fault she was drinking, after all it is a disease. She just needs to spend some public money going to diversion class and recover from this drinking problem. She has a stressful job, and it doesn't matter she should be setting the example everyone falls at some point. This is why she drinks, she has been trying to maintain public integrity for too long. Farley you need to understand how the world works now.

The last three presidents all had used some sort of controlled substance why would you expect anyone else not to.

[SNIP]
edit on 15-8-2014 by MarlinGrace because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Integrity? Our public officials keep using that word. I know it doesn't mean to them what my dictionary says it means, and the sad thing is that it definitely doesn't mean to most of the American public what it should mean either. If it did, they wouldn't want Lehmberg in that particular office with her problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Even in defeat american right and left fans will spin anything there way.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Even in defeat american right and left fans will spin anything there way.

SO, he didn't have the line item veto?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

This one is *Rich*.

Let me guess;

Deflection. Typical.
edit on 15-8-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

This one is *Rich*.

Let me guess;

Deflection. Typical.

But true.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This one is *Rich*.

Let me guess;

Deflection. Typical.

But true.

But immaterial...her party affiliation has nothing to do with the allegation of his wrongdoing. Just a weak, knee-jerk response from someone who apparently defines justice in shades of red and blue.
Like I said...deflection.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

But she is a convicted criminal !!!!

And a District Attorney !!!!

did you watch the video of her lies ??

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

That's not the issue. The issue is whether or not Cowboy Rick acted illegally in response. And the question remains, would your knickers be in such a knot if the party affiliations were reversed? I'm thinkin' no.
edit on 15-8-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
She was giving the cops a hard time and about three times the legal limit. Forty five days in jail. She is head of an ethics committee. She even looks angry in her pictures.

The woman needs some anger management and a lot of humility to straighten her out. She should have resigned. Instead of Perry's action getting her to resign, it caused a bunch of lawyers to file suit. Why didn't they just tell the woman to resign instead....pull her license.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

And the question remains, would your knickers be in such a knot if the party affiliations were reversed? I'm thinkin' no.

But it's not reversed. Talk about deflection.

Did anyone read xuenchen's second link? Talk about a good old boy network. Even the judges came out to her defense. District Judge David Wahlberg called Lehmberg "a smart and engaged public servant". How smart are you to have this happen when you're the one in charge of state's Public Integrity Unit? This is the problem with politicians everywhere at every level. The democrats just seem to own the hypocrisy label better than anyone one else.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You know the answer to that as well as I do. They have the same little letter after their name that she does and it doesn't match the little letter after Rick Perry's name. Because of that, it is no longer a matter of what is right or wrong, but a matter of who plays for my team.

This country makes me sick anymore.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
ROFLOL

MSNBC (Rachel Maddow show) just said this is a "Democrat" thing !!!

Just saw it live myself !!

[ I'm watching the live Ferguson coverage ]

Looks like even *They* are conceding.

It must be jealous rage.

[ waiting for their story to post up ]

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I hate threads like these. You could put your ideas into one post but instead you spread them out in multiple posts so when someone adds important details, they will be on the second page.

He wasn't charged because he thought she should leave office. He is being charged because by law he can not withhold funding to get someone to step down.

Heck, right now I think Perry should leave office but if I tried to bribe people to withhold his paycheck, I would be charged with a crime.

It's the typical right wing so called Christian belief. They seem to think they get to judge what's right and wrong - if they laws don't agree with them they get to break them.

edit on August 15th 2014 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

edit on August 15th 2014 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

OPINION: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is Right !!!

( otherwise it's the ... 'foxes guarding the henhouses' )

Yes, it's your opinion. You still have to follow those silly laws though. Perry is not King. Even if he thought she should go, he could only do what the LAW allowed him to do. He exceeded his authority and used his power to intimidate.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2
The law gives perry the veto no?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Daughter2
The law gives perry the veto no?

Not when he says he will withhold funding unless a person resigns. That's basically blackmail. He should have just kept his mouth shut and withheld the funding.
edit on 15-8-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join