It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Perry indicted ...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

He should lose a hard drive then blame Bush.

Easy-Peasy!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
If you think this indictment has nothing to do with partisanship, you really must not understand modern American politics.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Rosemary Lehmberg looks like a real beauty.

Dash cam video of Travis Co. DA's arrest released

District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg says she’ll work to restore confidence

Nyuck Nyuck

I wonder how many people she has forgiven ... after the fact.

The cop's comment at the end of the video says everything you need to know about her. To paraphrase, "She thinks she's better than the little guy."

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Please explain what he did wrong?

He cannot speak out against the open borders anymore.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
So his crime is using his right to free speech then?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

It has nothing to do with free speech. Most of you agree with Perry she should have stepped down but the think of how this could be used in other situations. Obama could stop all Federal funding going to Texas if Perry didn't step down. Perry could withhold all funding for schools if the school board elected anyone who believed in evolution.

If Perry felt strongly about this, the proper route should have been to introduce a bill that would set criminal standards for some offices. That way it gets voted upon instead of dictated by a tyrant.

(BTW, back in the day Bush was a drinker too)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2
Was bush arrested for drunk driving though? And the fed always uses their federal funding as a weapon against people not towing the line.

Off the top of my head, the government threatened states with federal highway funding to get them to all raise the drinking age to 21. There were also some shinanigans with education that was similar.

edit on Fri, 15 Aug 2014 23:12:00 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is Texas, Where are they going to find a jury to convict Rick Perry.

All it takes i one member of the jury to say not guilty.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
This is Texas, Where are they going to find a jury to convict Rick Perry.

All it takes i one member of the jury to say not guilty.

The Democrats haven't thought of that yet.

As that D.A. might say ..... one day at a time.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Have y'all watched the videos of her behavior in the jail? Pay close attention to the list of causes for removal from office at the end of the first video. The last cause is intoxication while on or off the job.

Also, her behavior effected the city of Austin and the whole county. Law enforcement became a joke, everyone would (and still do) yell, "Have you called Greg yet? Call Greg now!" if stopped by an officer. (Greg Hamilton is Travis Co. Sheriff). She single handedly brought down the respect people had for due process here in so many ways.

Btw she had purchased over a 16 month period 72 bottles = 23 gallons of vodka, had an open bottle of vodka in the seat next to her when she was pulled over.

www.youtube.com...

Another video:

www.youtube.com...

And also please note that she is well paid and required to follow and to exemplify model behavior which she has failed at, clearly.

Source: www.sportsfirings.com...

The State of Texas has approved a $15,000 a year raise for all local DAs and district judges.

Including Rosemary Lehmberg.

Lehmberg is already the highest paid elected official in the county, making $125,000.00 per year in state funds. The county pays her $35,298 giving her a total salary of over $160,000.00.

Everyone in Austin and Travis Co with the exception of the staunch Dems wanted her out now.

And going after Perry for not funding her public integrity unit is just accusations. Let's see how he responds. And wow, she made a mess of public integrity as the whole city and county can attest to. If in doubt watch the videos above one more time.

STM

edit on 16-8-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I would have to say that I probably agree with very few of Perry's politics. I also don't think he's too bright.

But, I'd bet he's a barrel of laughs at a picnic. The kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with.

As most everyone else believes, I think the DA should have had her resignation on the AG's desk when he walked in the next morning. In fact, she should be investigated and censured by the Texas Bar due to that fact that she didn't immediately resign.

Her behavior was wrong on so many levels. Everything that happened, after her display of such disgraceful and despicable lack of ethics, is her fault.

Perry's actions weren't the most brilliantly executed. Like I said, he doesn't strike me as being the sharpest tool in the shed. But, he tried to handle the problem "old-school" when the conventional route wasn't yielding results. So, I have to give "props" to a politician with some intestinal fortitude.

Here's what I believe is a workable solution: Find him guilty. Then sentence him to community service. His community service should consist of his going around to all of the law schools in the state explaining ethics. Here's my suggested title:

Why attorneys should be ethical
so politicians don't have to be unethical
to force them to be ethical.

IMHO

Dex

edit on 8/16/2014 by DexterRiley because: bad coding

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So, Obama, Holder, lerner, Clinton can pretty do what ever they want, but Rick Perry refuses funds for a drunk lady and all the sudden the legal system actually works?!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If Democrats, Liberals and other groups are all but called to be strung up for the tiniest of infractions, then so to should gov. perry be held to the same standards. If not, then you are no better than those whom you rally against.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Geez Louise, here comes the old, leftie/rightie divide and conquer fight again. Does it ever end. Politicos in both factions do plenty wrong and get away with it. I don't see any from either party being strung up, arrested for war crimes, and such. They literally get away with murder, if the lists of dead folks mentioned relevant to various presidents from either/or party are in the least bit correct and true. Nothing ever changes for the better no matter who is in office.

Perry wanting the National Guard at the borders and trying to call them out to do it set certain folks against him besides this other situation of wanting her fired. I'm not a fan of his or any other politico...just sayin.

And what is this reference I keep reading in every thread anymore about panties in a bunch dealy. What if one wears a thong...hard to bunch much, not enough there. LOL. Discriminating against gals too...geez, change the phrase to duds belonging to the male gender once in a while already. The phrase is getting to be a bore.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
I hate threads like these. You could put your ideas into one post but instead you spread them out in multiple posts so when someone adds important details, they will be on the second page.

He wasn't charged because he thought she should leave office. He is being charged because by law he can not withhold funding to get someone to step down.

Heck, right now I think Perry should leave office but if I tried to bribe people to withhold his paycheck, I would be charged with a crime.

It's the typical right wing so called Christian belief. They seem to think they get to judge what's right and wrong - if they laws don't agree with them they get to break them.

Is there some part of this I am missing? Bribery and religion? When was that mentioned in the OP? Perry didn't bribe anyone to withhold a paycheck. That is some sort of disinfo you have going there. All Perry wants to do is use his pen and phone to handle this ethics violating so called non Christian politician, that should be setting an example for the public instead of proving what everyone already knows. That politicians are the worst kind of hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

It has nothing to do with free speech. Most of you agree with Perry she should have stepped down but the think of how this could be used in other situations. Obama could stop all Federal funding going to Texas if Perry didn't step down. Perry could withhold all funding for schools if the school board elected anyone who believed in evolution.

If Perry felt strongly about this, the proper route should have been to introduce a bill that would set criminal standards for some offices. That way it gets voted upon instead of dictated by a tyrant.

(BTW, back in the day Bush was a drinker too)

A tyrant could be considered someone who drops 100's of illegals in your city without the necessary funds to support them with no notice. A tyrant is someone who bypasses the separation of powers instituted by the constitution. A tyrant withholds information for an investigation without penalty. A tyrant sends drone to kill American citizens without a trial violating their constitutional rights. A tyrant sends his minions to assist and pay for with public money protesting for a civilian trial that has nothing to do with federal statutes. A tyrant picks and chooses the laws they want enforced upon their subjects.

Nothing as simple as withholding a paycheck for serious ethics violations.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Sorry blackmail is free speech?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CRUSTY37
So, Obama, Holder, lerner, Clinton can pretty do what ever they want, but Rick Perry refuses funds for a drunk lady and all the sudden the legal system actually works?!

The People of Texas have spoken via the Grand Jury.

What's more strict-construction Constitutional than that?

Indictment is not conviction nor guilt. The Courts of Texas will decide.

Oh, and may I politely suggest that you look up the tu quoque logical fallacy? Might be useful in the future.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So,,, when Obama threatens to Veto any bill that he doesn't agree with or doesn't carry forth his agenda, we can
indicted him too?
What's Good for the Goose should be Good for the Gander don't you think?
Or do Democrats get to live by a different set of Rules and Laws than Republicans?

www.wicasta.com...

Link

Obama Threatens Tax Cut Veto as Unemployment Extension Languishes

Tax Cuts

Obama: I’ll Veto Any Effort To End Triggered Spending Cuts After Super Committee Fail

spending cuts

Obama: I'll veto any legislation that would void Defense cuts

Defence cuts
Gee, Obama threatens to use his Pen!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Texas is a red state with a history of republican rule. Its there laws they have created. Has Perry overstepped his authority? It seems the people of Texas say yes. Does perry have the authority to relieve the D.A.? Apparently he does not.
edit on 16-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join