It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney: Dorian Johnson confirms he was with Brown at store robbery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
No he wasn't, he shoved the clerk. Big difference.

Not that I am excusing it, but if he had punched the owner, I think they would be in a coma, his arm probably weighed more than the owner.

edit on Fri, 15 Aug 2014 19:29:40 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

It depends on his level of participation. Strictly speaking if he knew his friend was going into the store to commit a crime and failed to report it / disassociate himself with the action, then he is in the same boat as the person who committed the crime.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: VoidHawk

Oh what the heck.. I have enough of the things..

deal.

Out of curiosity why do you think the assault on the officer occurred, if its not related to the robbery?

How do we know there was an assault on the officer?

The officers account, the radio traffic sending more units to the area, the injuries sustained by the officer, etc.

Assault on an officer, in its most basic form, is any unwanted physical contact.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

An assault on the officer is still very, very far from a reason to shot Brown.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
It seems a few witnesses are stating the cop initiated the physical contact though.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

What type of injuries justify a police officer shooting someone that has no weapon and is surrendering?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Jezzums..."the two"?

Did you miss the fact that Johnson wasn't charged and the video supports his statement?

Read the OP.

As for the rest if your theory, as it applies to Brown ...seems likely.

The part you are missing is the number of people present at a situation where an officer is being assaulted can raise the situation to a deadly force encounter. So while he may not have been part of the robbery (imo I think he is) his presence when the officer was attacked by his buddy can be considered.

If you approached by a few people, and one of them assaults you, I guarantee your mind is going to be thinking about those people who are present and if they are going to join in.

If you are armed, and the person assaulting you is going for your gun, the same question applies. What are the others present going to be doing.

If you are able to break free I guarantee you would draw your weapon in defense, while at the same time considering everyone present as a potential threat.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

On one hand we got the dude saying the cop slammed his door into them, then went all roid rage reaching through the window and grabbing the deceased by the throat.

Then on the other hand we got the cop saying the deceased went through the window, beat his in the face, then was somehow able to reach all the way to his right hip and get a hold of his holstered weapon.

Read my last post. There are at least two other witnesses who came forward and gave statements. Both of their statements appear to corroborate Dorian Johnson's account of the shooting and refute that of the cop. Not only are both of these witnesses, who saw the incident from different vantage points, saying that Michael Brown did not enter the vehicle, they're saying that he had moved something like 20 feet away from the patrol car and had his hands in the air when the cop fired multiple into him.
edit on 2014-8-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why is it that none of these self proclaimed "eyewitnesses"to the incident has any cell phone footage until well after the incident? Could it be that they are lying?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The video shows him putting the bag of cigars that Brown hands him back on the counter. His statement is he told Brown he didn't that.

Period.

His presence at the altercation obviously was of no concern to the officer or the other LEOs that arrived - otherwise he would have been arrested on scene and detained.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

We really should be concentrating on Wilson and his reasoning. Why detain Brown if he had no idea of the robbery? Why shoot him? Why sho0t Michael as he has his hands in the air and surrendering?

How can people skate around the issue of a cop killing someone who is surrendering. Oh...I forgot...Michael just robbed someone. And the cop who had no idea that Michael had committed a robbery thought it was a good idea to execute the kid...just in case he may have or will commit a crime.

Nothing Michael did would have sentenced him to death in a court of law.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008
Roid Rage doesn't need a reason.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Why is it that none of these self proclaimed "eyewitnesses"to the incident has any cell phone footage until well after the incident? Could it be that they are lying?

Could it be that the encounter lasted only a few seconds and by the time they realized what was happening, it was already over?
edit on 2014-8-15 by theantediluvian because: removed snarky comment

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

We really should be concentrating on Wilson and his reasoning. Why detain Brown if he had no idea of the robbery? Why shoot him? Why sho0t Michael as he has his hands in the air and surrendering?

How can people skate around the issue of a cop killing someone who is surrendering. Oh...I forgot...Michael just robbed someone. And the cop who had no idea that Michael had committed a robbery thought it was a good idea to execute the kid...just in case he may have or will commit a crime.

Nothing Michael did would have sentenced him to death in a court of law.

May not matter if the cop knew or not.

It's all about Brown's state of mind.

Brown must have assumed the cop knew about the "robbery" right ?

I think brown went berzerk.

link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

What type of injuries justify a police officer shooting someone that has no weapon and is surrendering?

What did the officer perceive the moment he used deadly force?

Contrary to popular belief the use of force continuum / subject resistance control continuum while laying out the force / response levels, does not require an officer to start at the beginning. It does not require an officer to be shot at before he can return fire.

If an officer is injured to the point it can affect his safety, that can be taken ito account on justification of use of force.

I am 6'0 185 pounds.. If I were to encounter a male who is 6' 185 pounds who wants to fight with me, that info alone would no allow me to use deadly fore. If another officer is 5'5 130 and confronts the same person I described, their ability to move upward in use of force can be justified.

I cannot answer your question in specific because it would be based on the injury, how that injury affects the officer and his ability t do his/her job.

Fighting with a broken nose is possible by some, and not possible by others.

Hopefully the answer makes sense.

link   
a reply to: Witness2008
If that is what happened I agree. I am still pissed the cop cars don't have cameras there..... I am still hoping some footage surfaces, but I kinda doubt it. If it existed, I think it would have surfaced already

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
yeah, I didn't see that before I posted. I wish there was more witnesses, in court it seems you need like 50 witnesses or footage to dispute a cop's recollection of events

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

If they intended to steal the items, and got caught, simply putting them back does not invalidate the crime. Secondly you still will have assault on the clerk. Third in MO there is a statute that deals specifically with intent on committing the crime and applies to commercial businesses.

What they stated after being caught also does not invalidate the crime.

Presence at an altercation is taken into account for use of force purposes as I explained.

As for the obviously comment - no its not obvious.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If anyone, including a cop, grabs me by the throat through a window, I am using the door as a fulcrum and snapping his arm like a twig. It's called self defense. And how can a cop claim self defense when someone is feet away with their hands in the air? What's he gonna do? Hurl heavy insults at him, shoot him with his feet?

If a civilian done that, they would be charged with murder. Cops should be held to higher standards than civilians, not lower. They supposedly have more training.
edit on Fri, 15 Aug 2014 19:53:01 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Maybe the cop thought he had a gun taped to his back John Mcclain style. Yeah ...that's the ticket.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join