It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney: Dorian Johnson confirms he was with Brown at store robbery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: Xcathdra

O.K. Strong armed robbery. I still don't understand how that deserves a death sentence with your hands in the air.

As to using the robbery as justification for the cop killing him would be pretty thin justification as the cop had no idea of the robbery.

People keep dancing on the truth with this point.
Brown wasn't shot because of the robbery, he was shot for felony assault on a police officer, attempting to steal the officers gun,fleeing the scene of a crime, and interfering with an officer of the law during the lawful performance of his roid rage.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: kosmicjack

FPD would gave us believe Wilson realized they were suspects mid-encounter..but, following the shooting Johnson wasn't arrested..

Why? No one had reviewed the video yet....

Very strange indeed.

Johnson's name is in page 4 of the police report dated 8/9/2014.

And Johnson was talking it up pretty good a few days later on the news stations.

Unless of course, the released "official" police report is "edited" ??

Lot's of rumors going around too.....

My favorite is;

The "militarized" swat confrontations were actually a DHS training exercise !!

They had a few days to figure it out and I bet they gathered lots of "data" from the incidents the other night.

They did this to catch the organized instigators.

They probably did catch people and it is not reported.

Then all quiet the very next night. Very odd.

They looked like Blackwater guys to me. It could have been ugly in a hurry.

Well since you don't know that the name Blackwater was changed long ago, I kinda doubt you'd know what their men look like. Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Still not a reason for an execution. And never a reason to assault the peaceful protesters.

It seems to me that a lot of people want to dance around the fact that the more heinous crimes in Ferguson were committed by law enforcement.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow
Uh, no. The shopkeeper attempted to stop the theft and was strong-armed and roughed up for it. This kid was a criminal and it was only a matter or time. I read somewhere he was going off to college soon? This is what college freshman do? Grab cigars from their local convenient store and the toss the chashier against the wall? Gimme a break.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Ya. In training for the day he finds himself in a suit and tie sitting behind a big desk and robbing people.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Man, I was condemning the police officer for using excessive force on what was a simple stop. I did think Brown was probably an idiot kid who wasn't smart enough to know how to deal with a police officer but I didn't think he was some thug criminal who had just committed a robbery.
I guess the black community has to take the blame for Brown's death now, not the police and not racism. Or maybe Brown's parents. Or how about just Brown himself? His thuggish stupidity cost him his own life, assuming the reports are true.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

FPD would have us believe Wilson realized they were suspects mid-encounter..but, following the shooting - Johnson wasn't arrested..

Why?

According to the report, Brown handed him a box of cigars, but Johnson put them on the counter before leaving, so he didn't steal anything. I'm not sure that he would be considered to be an accomplice to anything, since he had already left the store when Brown attacked the shopkeeper.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008
Go back and read my post again, especially the last line.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jammer2012
a reply to: [post=18290325]kosm I totally agree. If you look at the timeline.it seems to me that the incident at the store will now be used as a convenient excuse for this officer and may overshadow the even bigger problem at hand.

I don't think so. The Police spokesperson already stated the officer was not aware of the strong armed robbery. So to assume the guy was shot and killed for a 50 dollar cigar ignores those facts.

To date the only info we have is 2 individuals having contact with police, a struggle ensues where they go for the cops gun, shots are fired in the car which tells me the initial assault was very fast and violent.

A person does not have to be armed to be considered a deadly threat.

SCOTUS ruled in TN vs. Garner a fleeing felon cannot be shot in the back with one exception -
The officer must demonstrate the suspect is an imminent threat to the public at large. Going after an officer's gun generally is not perceived as anything left but a deadly force encounter.

Now the scotus question - What would a reasonable person think -
You have an individual who goes hands on with a cop, struggling to gain control of the cops gun, resulting in shots being fired inside the car.

Would a reasonable person think that individual, who confronted a cop and tried to take his duty weapon, is a threat to the public?

From the law enforcement scotus requirements, what did the officer perceive at the exact moment force was used.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Oh what the heck.. I have enough of the things..

deal.

Out of curiosity why do you think the assault on the officer occurred, if its not related to the robbery?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrowWhen you use force or threats of force during a shoplifting incident, it becomes a felony robbery charge. So this wa snot just a simple shoplifting, it was a robbery.
Officer stops two goons walking down the street blocking traffic. Questions them and suddenly the big goon( Brown) realizes he's about to be arrested. He resists arrest and fights with the officer and gets shot. Maybe it would have been better had the officer just put some lumps on Brown's skull with a nightstick, but we weren't there and the officer now has to be considered far more credible than initially thought.
Who do we blame? I guess the police were under fire and blamed, now maybe the black community has to be held responsible for failing Brown. Or maybe you blame his parents. Or maybe you just blame Brown's own thuggish stupidity.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: Witness2008

Robbery seems such a strong word.
It evokes, to me, taking power from the shop owner, and taking control.

This looks more like shoplifting.

He is also seen punching the clerk

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

O.K. Strong armed robbery. I still don't understand how that deserves a death sentence with your hands in the air.

As to using the robbery as justification for the cop killing him would be pretty thin justification as the cop had no idea of the robbery.

There is a saying and I truly believe the media fails in this regard -

Those who speak don't know and those who know don't speak.

The media loves to sensationalize these incidents, specifically MSNBC (fair notice - I cannot stand MSNBC or how they report on events). They will report witness accounts in order to fill air time, regardless if the info is wrong or right, which is a journalistic ethics problem of major proportions. To compound that problem they fail to correct previous reports with new updated information.

As an example - On the 2nd night of the riots / protesting / looting a protester points a gun at a cop and is shot and killed. Media has failed to report on that.

Why?

IMO is does not support the racially charged narrative they are trying to push. They keep claiming the protests are peaceful, so to report a protestor pulls a gun and is shot and killed undermines the story they are trying to create.

Im going to point something out. Whether a person agrees with it is up to them but it is how it is.
Here is the son of a bitch with regards to how our Constitution works.

Did the suspect commit a crime? Yup
Did the cop commit a crime? Yup

** Killing a person is in fact homicide. What you will find is that homicide being ruled as either criminal or justified. Even death row inmate autopsies have homicide listed as cause of death.**

Because the officer shot and killed a person, its a criminal investigation. That means the cop has constitutional rights just like anyone else. That includes presumption of innocence. Releasing investigational information during the investigation stage just to comply with public demands is a no no. There is information that is restricted by law from being disclosed - and that applies to all.

Members of law enforcement, unlike the military, do not relinquish constitutional rights. In fact we are working at a loss because of the command structure. We can be ordered by a superior to answer questions. Failure to answer those questions can be used against the officer during the IA investigation and can turn into termination of the officer (garrity rights).

The info above is mainly for educational purposes to help explain why some info is released while some is not and the process involved.

As for the last statement about killing the person over a robbery I agree. What I do think is the people thought the cop was making contact over the robbery. I think the cop was making contact over them walking in the street. Just as you claim, the cop did not know they committed a robbery. At the same time, the 2 individuals did not know the cop made contact over walking in the street.

link   
a reply to: adjensen

Right..but Officer Wilson didn't know about that...

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: VoidHawk

Oh what the heck.. I have enough of the things..

deal.

Out of curiosity why do you think the assault on the officer occurred, if its not related to the robbery?

How do we know there was an assault on the officer?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Jezzums..."the 2"? "They attacked?"

Did you miss the fact that Johnson wasn't charged and the video supports his statement?

Read the OP.

As for the rest if your theory, as it applies to Brown ...seems likely.

ETA: And the fact that you got so starred for incorrect info - in the face of all evidence - goes to show how totally divergent views on this issue are..and there is only one breakdown in my mind...those who favor law and order at all costs and those who favor Justice.
edit on 8/15/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If that is actually what happened mind you. There is no proof, it's word against word, and both stories sound shady to me.

On one hand we got the dude saying the cop slammed his door into them, then went all roid rage reaching through the window and grabbing the deceased by the throat.

Then on the other hand we got the cop saying the deceased went through the window, beat him in the face, then was somehow able to reach all the way to his right hip and get a hold of his holstered weapon.

I tried them both last night using my suburban and my pops(who is not even as tall as the dude), both scenarios are shady as hell.

edit on Fri, 15 Aug 2014 19:48:05 -0500 by TKDRL because: cannot type

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Secondly guilt or innocence is decided by the courts, not the police nor the public. We must keep that in perspective.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The other possibility being ignored is the 2 who committed the crime may very well have thought the police contact was in regards to the strong arm robbery and not walking in the middle of the street.

I will wager they attacked and tried to kill the cop because they thought he was looking at them for the robbery.

There are at least two bystanders who witnessed the incident.

The women’s accounts corroborate that of a previous witness, all three of whom said the officer fatally shot the unarmed teen.

Police have said the black 18-year-old died in a dangerous struggle after trying to grab the officer’s weapon. Not so, say the witnesses.

“It looked as if Michael was pushing off and the cop was trying to pull him in,” Tiffany Mitchell told CNN on Wednesday night.

It looked like the two of them were arm wrestling, she said.

Neither woman, who gave their statements to St. Louis County police, say they saw Brown enter the vehicle.

Instead, a shot went off, then the teen broke free, and the officer got out of the vehicle in pursuit, the women said.

“I saw the police chase him … down the street and shoot him down,” Crenshaw said. Brown ran about 20 feet.

“Michael jerks his body, as if he’s been hit,” Mitchell said.

Then he faced the officer and put his hands in the air, but the officer kept firing, both women said. He sank to the pavement.

source

If these women aren't lying, the cop is a murderer. Shooting an unarmed man with his hands in the air is murder.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
double post
edit on 2014-8-15 by theantediluvian because: how'd that happen!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join