It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney: Dorian Johnson confirms he was with Brown at store robbery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: kosmicjack

FPD would gave us believe Wilson realized they were suspects mid-encounter..but, following the shooting Johnson wasn't arrested..

Why? No one had reviewed the video yet....

Very strange indeed.

Johnson's name is in page 4 of the police report dated 8/9/2014.

And Johnson was talking it up pretty good a few days later on the news stations.

Unless of course, the released "official" police report is "edited" ??

Lot's of rumors going around too.....

My favorite is;

The "militarized" swat confrontations were actually a DHS training exercise !!

They had a few days to figure it out and I bet they gathered lots of "data" from the incidents the other night.

They did this to catch the organized instigators.

They probably did catch people and it is not reported.

Then all quiet the very next night. Very odd.

They looked like Blackwater guys to me. It could have been ugly in a hurry.

Well since you don't know that the name Blackwater was changed long ago, I kinda doubt you'd know what their men look like. Just sayin'.

Yeah you're right I don't know anything about them, their history, training, experience, nothing. I will just let it go and let you be the expert.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Yeah, musta been hidden under his "I hate pigs sign" lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Call it what you like. He was three times the size of that cashier and just brutalized him because the guy wouldn't let him steal. Clearly the kid is a gangster and the world is safer without him in it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

However, Michael did not deserve to lose his life over 49.00 worth of cigars.

It's stupid to get into a situation where you lay your life on the line for $49.00 that much is true.

Sometimes it's not about the monetary value of the crime. If someone breaks into my house at night while we're sleeping and tries to steal a $500 TV and they get shot, it wasn't about the TV. It was because They broke into my dwelling while my family was sleeping with no regard to anyone, my privacy or how far I would go to protect my family.

Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime? The psychological ramifications go far beyond the actual crime. A guy holds a knife to your wife's throat and steals her purse and he gets killed it WAS NOT about the $100 in the purse.

I have not followed this crime scene that closely as I have a life and can't spend 23 hours a day worrying about one crime that happened across the country when there are thousands everyday happening.

From what I read a few days ago they said the dead guy attacked the police officer and fought with him in the car for the officers gun.....True or not I don't know. If he did then he deserved to get shot and killed....period.
If that's not how it happened then the truth should come out. I saw a picture of the dead guy and he is pretty large and would be a handful if you were fighting him.

If the cops were out of line I will be the first to admit it. I will NOT go out of my way to try and lynch the guy until there is proof he did wrong. I know it's cool to tar & feather cops these days but sometimes they are just doing a crappy job that is VERY hard and bad things happen. It makes it no easier when most people have zero respect for anyone in authority these days. You don't have to get on your knees and kiss their butts over every word they speak but the position should earn them some basic respect. You have NO IDEA what that job is like, it's easy too sit behind a keyboard and call the shots and "know" how every situation should have been handled.

It's a little different when your out on the streets in bad neighborhoods where people have no respect for you and could care less about killing you for no reason. They have mothers, kids and wives to go home to at the end of the day like everyone else.

I agree with that but 8 - 10 shots ? 2 Shots to a kid i can under stand to get him off you . But to unload 3/4 of a normal clip takes a bit of time.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

An update from CNN.

If you watch the entire video from the store, when his friend hands the cigars back, the suspect then reaches down and picks up more cigars off the ground and proceeds to leave the store with them.

It is in fact a strong arm robbery.

The Police chief is giving conflicting accounts, first stating the officer did not know about the robbery, then he was responding to the robbery, then to he saw the guy with the cigars.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Perhaps Wilson needs to be tested. I am of the opinion that much of the assaults and bad calls that LEO's make are a result of steroid use.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

At this point the cause and effect of his death make no difference If we cant see what the hell is going on. Lets see (1) The people have no right to protest peacefully (2) the media have No right to report whats going on (3) the police can now obtain military vehicles and weapons (4) We the people are under attack for our rights to bare arms. So i say constitution what constitution. The noose is tightening and there will be no breathing room left.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: speeddr2000

To start this off - I am only providing information and not justifying the cops actions

Have you ever been involved in a situation where you had to use deadly force against another person who was using deadly force against you?

Not everyone reacts in the same manner.

The fight or flight response kicks in.
Audio exclusion occurs.
Visual exclusion (tunnel vision) occurs.
You start sweating.
Your breathing in crease.
Fine motor control degrades.
Time distortion (incident occurs as a blur or it occurs as slow motion.

Law enforcement receives training on these issues however, as with everything in nature, just because you know whats coming does not mean you can quickly adapt to it. The same holds for all people, and not just law enforcement.

I have seen situations where and officer states they fired 6 shots when in reality they only fired 2. I have seen where officers only fired 2 shots when in reality they fired 8.

Generally speaking a person will start to remember more accurate information upwards of 72 hours after the incident occurs.

People do not rise to the occasion, they fall back to their level of training.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jammer2012

At this point the cause and effect of his death make no difference If we cant see what the hell is going on.

So we jump to conclusions? Cause and affect is paramount and is required when reviewing use of force.

Lets see (1) The people have no right to protest peacefully

Incorrect - The people have every right to protest "peacefully", with peacefully being the optimal word. What they don't have a right to do is destroy public / private property, shut down public rights of ways, prevent people not involved from moving through the area, throwing molotav cocktails at the police, pointing guns at the police.

The individuals violating the above are not protesting, they are engaging in a riot.

(2) the media have No right to report whats going on

To an extent the media have every right to cover the incident. What they don't have a right to do is jeopardize and inflame the situation by reporting non facts / rumors / opinions and portraying them as facts. The purpose of the media is to mind he peoples business by keeping government in check. As much as I despise media, they serve an important function in a democracy.

(3) the police can now obtain military vehicles and weapons

They always could and are restricted to certain items. That program is not new.

(4) We the people are under attack for our rights to bare arms. So i say constitution what constitution. The noose is tightening and there will be no breathing room left.

And I say lease take the time to learn about your rights and how they apply. You are certainly entitled to your position, however your conclusions are based on inaccurate understanding of the laws in questions.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Please, the Officer was not privy to the video at the moment. WTH

But Johnson was with the alleged suspect, depending on which version of the FPD story you want to buy into -whether the Officer knew or didn't know Brown was suspect. Which changes depending on the time of day, etc. LOL!

I'm just saying, if Johnson was suspected of anything, even by association, after the fact, he would have been detained.

He wasn't. So one can only go back to questioning the FPD's account.
edit on 8/15/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jammer2012

Thanks for getting my thread back where I hoped it would be.

Regardless of the chaos we are trying to sift through concerning Michael, the biggest story, and the more important one is that of the Community in Ferguson. They know that shooting an unarmed, surrendering kid is over the top and they are letting those in charge know, regardless of the fact that the authorities don't want to hear about it.

The residents of Ferguson pay the salaries of the police, and the equipment that was used against them, and they know it. I am happy that they stayed with it and were heard. In the end the community was peaceful and we all got a peek at what could be, thanks to cooler more rational minds.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

And what part of the training covers not shooting someone that has their hands up?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The only way that would get a civilian out of hot water is if it was in their house under castle doctrine. If the owner of the store robbed grabbed a gun and shot him in the back many feet away, the owner would be brought up on charges, would they not? Why should cops be held to a lower standard?

All three witnesses don't all agree perfectly on what happened in the beginning, but they all agree that he was shot in the back, then had his hands up and was shot more after the fact. That is the damning part of it IMO. He was unarmed, could not have possibly reached the cop when he was shot in the back, and definitely could not have done no harm once he was shot and had his hands up.

So far it's 3 people saying one thing, and a cop saying another.

And damnit, I hope the HHS decide to give them some damn cameras instead of weapons. No excuse this day and age to not have police cars equipped with cameras. Hell, their guns, and stun guns should have cameras as well, let alone vehicles. GRRRRRR

edit on Fri, 15 Aug 2014 20:30:05 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

And what part of the training covers not shooting someone that has their hands up?

Actually its a supreme court ruling, cited earlier, in addition to case law.

Specifically what did the officer perceive at the moment force was used. Its incumbent on the officer to justify his actions. Its incumbent on the courts to determine his guilt.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I didn't read the thread after your reply, but anyway, I don't care what happened before he was killed, he turned, threw his hands up and said don't shoot (according to reports), anything after that is an execution

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think there are very few folks here that actually wish ill on a police officer doing his job....this entire situation is a matter of degrees. I can surely understand how an officer may feel when patrolling in his car in a rough neighborhood, when he stops to check to see if the doors of a business are secured and the like. It is a dangerous job and few dispute that. Of course they have to be on the alert and vigilant and I doubt anyone does not want to see an officer come home safely at night to his family. I think many of us, the "great un washed" masses sitting here at our computers "get it" relevant to all of that. We aren't all as stupid as some police apologists are painting us to be...

Yet, there are scenarios that do not always fit or follow the logical conclusion that we would expect. Folks that post and say we, the "common" folks have no idea or care about officers, that is painting everyone with a rather broad brush. Where the problem comes in, relevant to the "authorities' and the common folk, is when it feels like the police are becoming the judge, jury, and executioner all in one. That causes concern and even fear for some. I have never committed a crime and yet I do not feel comfortable approaching a policeman today or calling for one anymore.

Respect goes both ways. Yes, they have a hard job and should be treated the same as how we would like to be treated...decently and in a kind and friendly manner. It should go both ways though. When someone asks an officer for directions nowadays and gets told, "We aren't the efing yellow pages"...true story...that hurts and is wrong. How do apologist explain all the videos appearing lately of blatant abuse/brutality. One has to acknowledge that there are abuses occurring. It is not just a simple "us against them" dealy. There are more and more mistaken home invasions by police, flash bangs burning a babies face half off, cops going to the wrong address and scaring families half to death, 2 lb. dogs being shot for barking. This thing goes both ways and lines need to be drawn for ALL concerned...not just for the populace.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal
Why would a cop need to ask for directions? They got fancy computers with GPS lol. When I encounter anyone, badge or not, I go from their body language, facial expressions and posture. More often that not, cops seem to have body language and facial expressions that are aggressive and arrogant. It's been like that since I was in HS in the late 90's. I remember when I was a little kid it was different. I would wave at cops and give them thumbs up and they would smile and wave back. Nowadays, I smile and nod my head in a greeting, and they look at me with like a contempt on their face and don't even acknowledge my greeting. It's one of the many reasons I live in a town with no cops these days lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
The only way that would get a civilian out of hot water is if it was in their house under castle doctrine. If the owner of the store robbed grabbed a gun and shot him in the back many feet away, the owner would be brought up on charges, would they not? Why should cops be held to a lower standard?

In MO deadly force can be used to protect ones self or 3rd parties. A civilians use of deadly force and justifications is a lower standard than law enforcement (acting under color of law). Your scenario could in fact result in charges or no charges. Its all dependent on the facts.

All three witnesses don't all agree perfectly on what happened in the beginning, but they all agree that he was shot in the back, then had his hands up and was shot more after the fact.

This part is a good thing actually. If their testimony was exact it could be called into question as it would suggest the individuals discussed what they saw. It would suggest that a person may be repeating portions of the incident they missed themselves. That moves from witness to hearsay.

The flip side is what they saw may not have been what the officer saw.

That is the damning part of it IMO. He was unarmed, could not have possibly reached the cop when he was shot in the back, and definitely could not have done no harm once he was shot and had his hands up.

Agreed but we need more info on this part and I don't think they are going to release investigation material of that magnitude, whether it supports or hurts the officer.

So far it's 3 people saying one thing, and a cop saying another.

Agreed.. However its possible the witnesses and the officer observed the same event yet based on their positions saw it differently.

And damnit, I hope the HHS decide to give them some damn cameras instead of weapons. No excuse this day and age to not have police cars equipped with cameras. Hell, their guns, and stun guns should have cameras as well, let alone vehicles. GRRRRRR

Most of the newer tasers have audio and video recording capabilities. Body cams are more and more present, but they are expensive and there are legal questions surrounding those cameras. Some California agencies are testing duty weapon cameras.

As for cameras, their perceived impartiality and witness accounts -
Please watch the videos in order -

**WARNING - GRAPHIC**

Video #1

Video #2

If a "witness" saw only video one a conclusion can be reached that would be incorrect.
If a person viewed the incident from the second video a completely different conclusion can be reached.

This info also applies to law enforcement at 2 different locations on the same scene.

Just food for thought.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You have got to be kidding me right?? This is not new, this is happening everywhere, not just Ferguson. You my friend. are ether blind, or have a agenda. I am aware of my rights and though i'm not an "expert" or constitutional lawyer,a MORON could see whats going on.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

The Black residents are very aware of the police brutality in Ferguson, and the lack of respect they pay to those they are suppose to protect.

Police in Ferguson, Missouri, once charged a man with destruction of property for bleeding on their uniforms while four of them allegedly beat him.

www.thedailybeast.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join