It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: GenerationGap

How can anyone, on any side of the political spectrum or world, still believe in disarming American citizens when America has tanks rolling in her streets?

Think about that. Think about the "coincidence" that exists. The government is rolling tanks out onto city streets while at the same time trying to convince that same America to disarm. Anyone who think the timing of things is simply incidental, think again.

Or could it possible be that the police are forced to be this heavily armed due to the fact that the populace is heavily armed as well?

The American public is never going to be better armed than the police or the military...it is just a pipe dream of 2nd amendment supporters.

It's like a security blanket for them...they tell themselves that their guns are going to protect them from the big bad government...but if it came down to it...their guns will do absolutely nothing to protect them.

At least they are willing to defend themselves and their own. If it were me I would everything to insure that the people I care about were protected from any threat be it a criminal who breaks into my home or LE who would harm them.

Another way to put it is from a quote from Emiliano Zapata "I rather die on my feet than live upon my knees."

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: ikonoklast

It didn't change, but there are many people who want it to when it comes to the slightest issue. You have those that do not understand the basic concept of it and want to change words here and there when the going gets a little tough. They fail to realize that if it is allowed to change JUST ONCE then it will be changed any damned time somebody feels like changing it.

There are many that would give up their own constitutional rights and have others stripped of their's at the drop of a hat.

Well, I want them to assemble BUT....

Well, I want them to be able to speak BUT....

Well, I want them to be able to protect themselves BUT....

Idiocy spreads like the plague at times. I will leave others free to give up all their rights if they wish. I will be fighting to make sure they don't expect me to do the same.

Like the Kings who used to rule. Our specific species will not survive long.

I just got happy, I had this thought, we are all extremely ignorant. Look at what we're fighting about. We're ignorant.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

Oh man, you've done their work for them. They'll probably revise it with that exact wording in the next couple of days here.

Although what has happened here goes past any individual government's documents, as there have been acts that are infringing upon ones Human Rights. I'm sure most people know of the universal declaration of human rights, these include but are not limited to: Freedom of Speech, Right to a fair trial, Freedom of Movement, and Rights debates. These are declared as the rights that all human beings are inherently entitled.

To add: These have obviously not yet been obtained worldwide, the goal should be to make it a worldwide reality. Yet, in MO tonight these rights have been taken from a populace where, just a few days ago, these were realities.
edit on 14-8-2014 by kicked because: to add

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So this isn't good news.

LOS ANGELES — The police shot and killed an unarmed black man in South Los Angeles on Monday night, the Los Angeles Police Department said. The police said that the man, whom the department did not identify, had tackled an officer and lunged for the weapon in his holster before being shot at by both the officer and his partner.

Link

Not sure if it's been posted, probably.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

. . . . .a mob that has rioted and looted for the past 3 nights with photo evidence that they were armed while doing it...I would be an idiot to be surprised that the police are responding with force and with guns.

These aren't freedom fighters...these are idiots who know that there have been riots the past 3 nights and still claim this is a peaceful protest.

That's pretty close to what I'm hearing from someone who lives there.

She also said the press is badgering the police, pushing them to give the name of the cop who did the shooting. They were hindering the police. They were not innocent bystanders.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

If I am voluntarily participating in a mob that has rioted and looted for the past 3 nights with photo evidence that they were armed while doing it...I would be an idiot to be surprised that the police are responding with force and with guns.

These aren't freedom fighters...these are idiots who know that there have been riots the past 3 nights and still claim this is a peaceful protest.

The hilarious thing is that you believe this.

You conflate the looters and rioters with the protestors.

Which makes more sense to you:
A) Criminals take advantage of wide unrest and protest to steal stuff then run away.
B) People loot stores, burn things down, then protest in front of a bunch of cops who would love to arrest them for looting/arson.

Why would members of a community burn it down? That is a very good question, now isn't it?
And what's the simplest explanation? It isn't necessarily their community that they are burning down.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast
They are talking about shots fired on the police scanner feeds now. But it's not clear whether that is related to this or if it's something else.

Hey, Ikon. Could you please post the link to the scanner you are listening to. If it is an online scanner.

TIA...

Des

link   
a reply to: Domo1
Whether appropriate or not, that seems like singularly bad timing. Sounds likely to add fuel to the fire...

link   
a reply to: SubTruth

They used to want to keep the peace now it is all about money and control.

After 3 nights of riots and looting...I think showing up in force like this was about keeping the peace.

link   

originally posted by: SCGrits

This is actually a very bad thing because protesting is crucial for people to be heard and blow off steam. Just to set the record straight I am talking about peaceful protests not rioting or looting.

I am so glad we are in agreement on this point, that protest is crucial when a body feels their rights have been abused. When and if it gets to a personal level in their own backyard, believe me, people will protest.

Ppl may be upset at politics and it's direction and grouse til the cows come home, but when it hits family, neighborhood and/or pocketbook, ppl will howl in protest en masse.

PTB want to take away protesting because they know what will come from it. I honestly believe we have an oligarchy looking to control and enslave the US. Too many things have happened in the last 10 years for me to see it any other way at this point.

The message the PTB want to send about protesting is that you will be placed on a list,arrested,fined and maybe even injured. This is not what this country has founded on.
edit on 14-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638

a reply to: GenerationGap

How can anyone, on any side of the political spectrum or world, still believe in disarming American citizens when America has tanks rolling in her streets?

Think about that. Think about the "coincidence" that exists. The government is rolling tanks out onto city streets while at the same time trying to convince that same America to disarm. Anyone who think the timing of things is simply incidental, think again.

Or could it possible be that the police are forced to be this heavily armed due to the fact that the populace is heavily armed as well?

The American public is never going to be better armed than the police or the military...it is just a pipe dream of 2nd amendment supporters.

It's like a security blanket for them...they tell themselves that their guns are going to protect them from the big bad government...but if it came down to it...their guns will do absolutely nothing to protect them.

At least they are willing to defend themselves and their own. If it were me I would everything to insure that the people I care about were protected from any threat be it a criminal who breaks into my home or LE who would harm them.

Another way to put it is from a quote from Emiliano Zapata "I rather die on my feet than live upon my knees."

It's easy to talk while on the internet. I'm sure many people at that Ferguson protest were saying the same thing until they got hit with a rubber bullet and ran.

But don't you consider these people in Ferguson worthy of your protection? Why aren't you and others that are concerned about their rights going down there right now to protect them?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Why would members of a community burn it down? That is a very good question, now isn't it?
And what's the simplest explanation? It isn't necessarily their community that they are burning down.

Watts riots -- they burned their own community down.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

They used to want to keep the peace now it is all about money and control.

After 3 nights of riots and looting...I think showing up in force like this was about keeping the peace.

The force they are showing up with is not in line with the founding principles of this country. This is not a war front it is an American city for god's sake.

Tanks and snipers rifles and telling reporters they will be arrested for telling the truth is just plain wrong.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

. . . . .a mob that has rioted and looted for the past 3 nights with photo evidence that they were armed while doing it...I would be an idiot to be surprised that the police are responding with force and with guns.

She also said the press is badgering the police, pushing them to give the name of the cop who did the shooting. They were hindering the police. They were not innocent bystanders.

That sounds about right from what I have heard as well.

I asked a question a few pages back....and no one seemed to want to answer. What are these people protesting for...what is it that they want done that isn't already being done? The officer and the incident are being investigated right now...so what is it that they are demanding in their protests?

Or are they just using this kids death as an excuse to riot and loot?

link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Horrible freaking timing.

link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Hi Des, sure, here you go. It's one that was posted earlier.

Police Scanner Link

On that note, I think I'm going to call it a night. Sadly, I think this will all still be going on tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Let's see now. Press wearing street clothes. LEO in full military gear with bullet proof vests, helmets, and a boat load of arsenal strapped to them. Oh, almost forgot. Military vehicles armed from the wheels to the roofs, to ride on.

Now, tell me again. Whom is badgering who.

Des

link   
It appears that the FBI is instigating an investigation to determine if any federal civil rights violations have occurred?????

Really? That's a no-brainer, the police are out-of-control in comparison to any other party involved in this event.

Sorry if it's already been posted.....

ST. LOUIS COUNTY – A federal civil rights investigation has been opened by the Justice Department into the fatal shooting of Michael Brown, according to the U.S. Attorney's office of Eastern District of Missouri.

In a joint statement from U.S. Attorney Richard Callahan, Acting Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights Division Molly Moran and FBI SAC William Woods, the independent investigation will determine if any federal civil rights violations have occurred in the case.

Saturday afternoon, a police officer shot Brown, who was unarmed, according to local authorities. According to the release, the federal authorities will work with local law enforcement to determine state violations as well.
www.ksdk.com...

link   

originally posted by: Greven

If I am voluntarily participating in a mob that has rioted and looted for the past 3 nights with photo evidence that they were armed while doing it...I would be an idiot to be surprised that the police are responding with force and with guns.

The hilarious thing is that you believe this.

You conflate the looters and rioters with the protestors.

Which makes more sense to you:
A) Criminals take advantage of wide unrest and protest to steal stuff then run away.
B) People loot stores, burn things down, then protest in front of a bunch of cops who would love to arrest them for looting/arson.

If I have realized that my peaceful protest has been hijacked by rioters, looters, and those that want to throw Molotov cocktails at police and carry guns at a "peaceful protest"...then I no longer participate in that hijacked protest.

All you have is an excuse and a conspiracy theory...completely without facts...that you just suggest that all the rioters and looters are people from outside the town...LOL.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Or are they just using this kids death as an excuse to riot and loot?

I would call it an excuse.

And it should be shut down as quickly as possible - - with whatever it takes.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join