It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

The force they are showing up with is not in line with the founding principles of this country. This is not a war front it is an American city for god's sake.

Really?

Is that why George Washington marched the United States army on a group of farmers for refusing to pay their taxes???

You should look into the Whiskey Rebellion...and then rethink your statement.

edit on 14-8-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

link   

I honestly believe we have an oligarchy looking to control and enslave the US. ... The message the PTB want to send about protesting is that you will be placed on a list, arrested, fined and maybe even injured. This is not what this country was founded on.

I absolutely agree. And at some point it may well reach a tipping point and turn into an an outright rebellion --a la 1776 - colonies -vs- the crown of England. There are too many hardheaded old school fools and younguns full of P### and vinegar spoiling for a fight for it too get too far out of hand. Problem is trying to corral them all into a pinpoint focus like Pearl Harbor was. It's late, hope I'm making sense.

link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: jholt5638

a reply to: GenerationGap

How can anyone, on any side of the political spectrum or world, still believe in disarming American citizens when America has tanks rolling in her streets?

Think about that. Think about the "coincidence" that exists. The government is rolling tanks out onto city streets while at the same time trying to convince that same America to disarm. Anyone who think the timing of things is simply incidental, think again.

Or could it possible be that the police are forced to be this heavily armed due to the fact that the populace is heavily armed as well?

The American public is never going to be better armed than the police or the military...it is just a pipe dream of 2nd amendment supporters.

It's like a security blanket for them...they tell themselves that their guns are going to protect them from the big bad government...but if it came down to it...their guns will do absolutely nothing to protect them.

At least they are willing to defend themselves and their own. If it were me I would everything to insure that the people I care about were protected from any threat be it a criminal who breaks into my home or LE who would harm them.

Another way to put it is from a quote from Emiliano Zapata "I rather die on my feet than live upon my knees."

It's easy to talk while on the internet. I'm sure many people at that Ferguson protest were saying the same thing until they got hit with a rubber bullet and ran.

But don't you consider these people in Ferguson worthy of your protection? Why aren't you and others that are concerned about their rights going down there right now to protect them?

If I were single and not a father two plus one coming I would be there but I have more than just myself to think about. I fear I won't have to go looking for a fight sooner or later it will find me.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That's actually the best news I could hear at the moment.

I mean, this is St Louis. However, I've been carefully watching pics the last few days and seeing a lot of State Police. I am seeing no state speed cops on the state highways I'm driving 100 miles a day or so on. So......some of them are my State cops. Guys I may see if I join a local protest.

Given the totality of circumstances? I have a good feeling about the FBI turning the Furgie PD upside down and shaking it a while until they are really sure they've caught everything worth catching. They've been to Missouri like this before ..and it's one of those times I really appreciate what the FBI does. Sometimes, it's unfortunate but necessary, IMO.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: Annee

. . . . .a mob that has rioted and looted for the past 3 nights with photo evidence that they were armed while doing it...I would be an idiot to be surprised that the police are responding with force and with guns.

These aren't freedom fighters...these are idiots who know that there have been riots the past 3 nights and still claim this is a peaceful protest.

That's pretty close to what I'm hearing from someone who lives there.

She also said the press is badgering the police, pushing them to give the name of the cop who did the shooting. They were hindering the police. They were not innocent bystanders.

Let's see now. Press wearing street clothes. LEO in full military gear with bullet proof vests, helmets, and a boat load of arsenal strapped to them. Oh, almost forgot. Military vehicles armed from the wheels to the roofs, to ride on.

Now, tell me again. Whom is badgering who.

Des

So?

Rioting is endangering innocent people. Every military vehicle available should be there and shut it down.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The force they are showing up with is not in line with the founding principles of this country. This is not a war front it is an American city for god's sake.

Tanks and snipers rifles and telling reporters they will be arrested for telling the truth is just plain wrong.

Really?

Is that why George Washington marched the United States army on a group of farmers for refusing to pay their taxes???

I just want to be clear....Are you saying it is alright to silence the media and use tanks......Yes or NO.
edit on 14-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

To fight looting and rioting I am for the police taking control but what about non violent protests. Should the police be silencing the media and using tanks and military gear on them. And do you think it alright the police force is militarized?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Tanks and snipers rifles and telling reporters they will be arrested for telling the truth is just plain wrong.

Really?

I just want to be clear....Are you saying it is alright to silence the media and use tanks......Yes or NO.

I'm saying nothing has changed...you wanted to try to be all nostalgic and claim the founders of this country would disagree with the actions of the police today.

I simply showed you that Washington marched the army on a group of farmers who were PROTESTING a tax.

I think it is perfectly fine to use "tanks" (which aren't really tanks...but that is what the reporters keep calling them). And I think when police are trying to clear an area, the media setting up shop is just making the police's job harder and so I have no problem with them moving them out of the area.

In this case, when there has been 3 nights of rioting and looting...I fully support the response the police have had to this situation.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

To fight looting and rioting I am for the police taking control but what about non violent protests. Should the police be silencing the media and using tanks and military gear on them. And do you think it alright the police force is militarized?

Please...show me a picture of these "tanks".

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Actual sincere protestors can arrange a legitimate protest for another day.

I do not support any excuse for destructive rioting that endangers innocent people.

Absolutely! Bring in the military and shut it down.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

This is ATS utilized correctly.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I had a friend who lived in the middle of the Watts riots. The National Guard was brought in, tanks and all. Full uniformed guards were placed on every residential corner.

She was very thankful the government did that.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
If any of you are following the Reddit Live Feed, there are Vine videos being posted.

Link 1

Link 2

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast
a reply to: Destinyone

Hi Des, sure, here you go. It's one that was posted earlier.

Police Scanner Link

On that note, I think I'm going to call it a night. Sadly, I think this will all still be going on tomorrow.

Thank you Ikon. See ya in the threads tomorrow. Sleep well.

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

MSNBC is phone interviewing a Guardian reporter (just ended)..

The guy was saying it's still going on but has shifted to running engagements down the residential streets as the last are pushed back. Sounds a lot like the Occupy events in Seattle and Portland when it turned into real loose, running 'fights' in the street. Of course...the reaction wasn't military grade.

edit on 8/14/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

They still running their live feed? Is there a link to it? It's buried pages back and im lazy lol

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

The MSNBC interview was on their cable channel. I'm not sure what they have elsewhere, but they seem focused entirely on this. Most right now is repeat stuff but that was live.

It sounded like it's winding down and Reddit looks that way too. I don't think anything big is going to happen and I'm about to head to bed.

I'm worried this could start elsewhere in sympathy though...and just one of those could start a trend. The whole country is on edge, and it's been a long hot summer in every sense. Horrible time for this... Hurry FBI, is my thought.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Yeah im about done for the night as well. I just cannot believe what happened today. In terms of lawlessness and decisions made by police.. I can only imagine if that happened around here in my neck of the woods. It would be a grade-A genocide on the police.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Please...show me a picture of these "tanks".

If you ever joined a thread in the beginning, instead of waiting until it has many many pages and posters in it. You'd have not missed all the pretty pictures already posted.

I'm not going to go back to the beginning and find them for you, you can do that all on your own.

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the wealth of information in this thread!
I am just making a quick post in here, with nothing really to add, other than my presence here.

This unfolds to us all here in real time. Amazing times we live in.
I pray and hope for the best, keeping my fingers crossed, that we get past this threshold in our history.
I've already voiced my thoughts and feelings on this. And now waiting for tomorrow for more input, and further breaking news.
Thanks everyone! S.O, Mods, members!
G'night.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join