It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
So I'm trying to wrap my head around the 1st amendment issues here. It seems like some people today think the 1st amendment reads something like this:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press but the police can arrest journalists in McDonald's if they have been covering public protests in a way the police don't like and the police can shoot rubber bullets, teargas, LRAD sound weapons, and flash bang grenades at the journalists and arrest them if they are covering public protests on the streets; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances but the police can stop people from peaceably assembling (or try to cause a couple to become non-peaceful by threatening them with violence or attacking them with LRAD sound weapons) and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances if it's evening or after dark or if other people have looted stores somewhere in the area within the last 2 to 3 days or if the people are not within an established free speech zone especially if it is the police that the people have a grievance against.

Did I get that right? Just checking, because it's been quite a while since I studied the constitution and the Bill of Rights in school, but I thought I remembered it being a bit shorter and easier reading than that.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL
Wonder if there is a scanner to listen to or whether they are using military/secure style communications

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Police say no protesters were injured:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast

originally posted by: kruphix

a reply to: kruphix

This has nothing to do with Posse Comitatus...there are no federal military personnel there tonight.

These are local and county police...just because they are dressed in military gear does not mean they are covered under Posse Comitatus.

So please enlighten me...who are they protesting against?

No, enlighten me, we need guns mounted on the top of a truck, pointed at innocent citizens?

This is America...I thought we loved guns???

Funny thing is...the pro gun crowd can't see how their agenda pretty much guarantees this type of police force.

We do love guns.

But when a gun is pointed near you for no good reason, thats when you are basically forced to take action.

If I am voluntarily participating in a mob that has rioted and looted for the past 3 nights with photo evidence that they were armed while doing it...I would be an idiot to be surprised that the police are responding with force and with guns.

These aren't freedom fighters...these are idiots who know that there have been riots the past 3 nights and still claim this is a peaceful protest.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

In one of the livefeeds you could see a carwash roof get hit with a molotov and the fire got going pretty good for a few.

Also heard that they were in a few other places.

We also have pictures of people lighting them.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Protesting is a thing of the past in America after this. They want outright control over everything. The constitution might as well not exist. PTB could care less about any of it.

Think again buttercup. If nothing else it'll get all manner of all walks of people fired up. Per Lincoln I think? to paraphrase: You can control some of the people all of the time; all of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. As long as I live and breathe the Constitution will exist. Either it will or I won't, and TPTB can kiss my southern ass.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
A Russia Today video (link) just said police in Ferguson were attacked by molotov cocktails. That's the first I heard of that… has anyone else seen that mentioned elsewhere?

Protests turn violent in St Louis

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Protests in the St. Louis suburb rocked by racial unrest since a white police officer shot an unarmed black teenager to death turned violent Wednesday night, with some people lobbing Molotov cocktails and other objects at police who responded with smoke bombs and tear gas to disperse the crowd.

Also reported on BBC : BBC Canada

Molotov cocktails were thrown at lines of police and they launched smoke bombs and fired tear gas.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

So Ferguson is the first to be normalized.

Normalization Ground Zero!

To the rest of the people, watch what happens to them and let the new truth sink in while you replace your fear of God with the fear of government.

Always remember:

Government feeds you.
Government treats your sickness.
Government protects you from men in caves.
Government makes sure you get a job.
Government protects you from Ebola.
Government makes sure you are educated.
Government makes sure you can travel safely.

And as Edward Snowden has convinced you of, the government knows all your emails, phone calls, and location. God is all knowing, and government is all knowing.

Government knows there’s a crisis in America. We do everything else for you, so now let us normalize the crisis that no one could see coming.

For the safety and well being of all good Americans, we will now begin installing checkpoints and curfews. We will assign commute routes for you to follow. We will do this to capture those who would riot, loot, and terrorize. We will do this to curb the illegal immigration problem. We will clean out our inner cities of violence and corruption. We will make America safe through these unforeseen crisis’s.

Should anyone reject, slander, or rebel against our mission to keep America a prosperous nation, where people can feel safe and unafraid of evil doers both foreign and domestic, watch what we do to our own useful idiots and think again about sinning against your new god.

How can anyone, on any side of the political spectrum or world, still believe in disarming American citizens when America has tanks rolling in her streets?

Think about that. Think about the "coincidence" that exists. The government is rolling tanks out onto city streets while at the same time trying to convince that same America to disarm. Anyone who think the timing of things is simply incidental, think again.

America is being prepped to beg for a strongman.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast
So I'm trying to wrap my head around the 1st amendment issues here. It seems like some people today think the 1st amendment reads something like this:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press but the police can arrest journalists in McDonald's if they have been covering public protests in a way the police don't like and the police can shoot rubber bullets, teargas, LRAD sound weapons, and flash bang grenades at the journalists and arrest them if they are covering public protests on the streets; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances but the police can stop people from peaceably assembling (or try to cause a couple to become non-peaceful by threatening them with violence or attacking them with LRAD sound weapons) and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances if it's evening or after dark or if other people have looted stores somewhere in the area within the last 2 to 3 days or if the people are not within an established free speech zone especially if it is the police that the people have a grievance against.

Did I get that right? Just checking, because it's been quite a while since I studied the constitution and the Bill of Rights in school, but I thought I remembered it being a bit shorter and easier reading than that.

Must have released a new edition, because I missed that too when I was reading it just a few weeks ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

This was tweeted by Lynden Steele (St. Louis Post-Dispatch Director of Photography), with the caption; Protesters try unsuccessfully to light a Molotov cocktail as police ready to advance in #Ferguson Pic by @pdchris

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I have a serious question and it certainly matters to me, taking all things into consideration. Either way it turns out to be, it matters a great deal in my opinion.

Who "fired" first?

Was it a molotov cocktail being used or even seen for a report to exist about ..prior to seeing a line deploy LRAD and open fire with rubber or was the firebomb a response to it?

It absolutely makes NO excuse for whoever made them and used one. That qualifies them for a time-out card for a couple years, at least, assuming no one got hurt with it, to my thinking. It does make a difference for how the rest of the community will take it all.

I don't think this ended by any means tonight. Stay tuned tomorrow night, and even the cops seem to know it by how long the FAA closure was set for.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SCGrits

Protesting is a thing of the past in America after this. They want outright control over everything. The constitution might as well not exist. PTB could care less about any of it.

Think again buttercup. If nothing else it'll get all manner of all walks of people fired up. Per Lincoln I think? to paraphrase: You can control some of the people all of the time; all of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. As long as I live and breathe the Constitution will exist. Either it will or I won't, and TPTB can kiss my southern ass.

I am many things a buttercup I am not. Look around many people are upset with the direction of the country and guess what.........Very few protests. Most people do not want to be put on a list or have to deal with going to jail. This is actually a very bad thing because protesting is crucial for people to be heard and blow off steam. Just to set the record straight I am talking about peaceful protests not rioting or looting.

I bet I am right and over time we will see less and less protests because of fear.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

How can anyone, on any side of the political spectrum or world, still believe in disarming American citizens when America has tanks rolling in her streets?

Think about that. Think about the "coincidence" that exists. The government is rolling tanks out onto city streets while at the same time trying to convince that same America to disarm. Anyone who think the timing of things is simply incidental, think again.

Or could it possible be that the police are forced to be this heavily armed due to the fact that the populace is heavily armed as well?

The American public is never going to be better armed than the police or the military...it is just a pipe dream of 2nd amendment supporters.

It's like a security blanket for them...they tell themselves that their guns are going to protect them from the big bad government...but if it came down to it...their guns will do absolutely nothing to protect them.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

I think the Magic Pen must have signed the new constitution into law late last night, in preparation for today.

They really tried to keep Ferguson and what is going on there out of the MSM the past 2 days. Thanks to our new Militarized LEO putting on a grand show for all. That plan failed miserably.

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with Posse Comitatus...there are no federal military personnel there tonight.

These are local and county police...just because they are dressed in military gear does not mean they are covered under Posse Comitatus.

So please enlighten me...who are they protesting against?

No, enlighten me, we need guns mounted on the top of a truck, pointed at innocent citizens?

This is America...I thought we loved guns???

Funny thing is...the pro gun crowd can't see how their agenda pretty much guarantees this type of police force.

We do love guns.

But when a gun is pointed near you for no good reason, thats when you are basically forced to take action.

If I am voluntarily participating in a mob that has rioted and looted for the past 3 nights with photo evidence that they were armed while doing it...I would be an idiot to be surprised that the police are responding with force and with guns.

These aren't freedom fighters...these are idiots who know that there have been riots the past 3 nights and still claim this is a peaceful protest.

Why were the 'riots' taking place in the first place? POSSE COMITATUS!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

It didn't change, but there are many people who want it to when it comes to the slightest issue. You have those that do not understand the basic concept of it and want to change words here and there when the going gets a little tough. They fail to realize that if it is allowed to change JUST ONCE then it will be changed any damned time somebody feels like changing it.

There are many that would give up their own constitutional rights and have others stripped of their's at the drop of a hat.

Well, I want them to assemble BUT....

Well, I want them to be able to speak BUT....

Well, I want them to be able to protect themselves BUT....

Idiocy spreads like the plague at times. I will leave others free to give up all their rights if they wish. I will be fighting to make sure they don't expect me to do the same.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Either way, I saw one light up a roof. Not really directly at police I guess. I would hope that eventually those guys figured out how to light a gas covered rag. Well actually I guess I kinda hope they didn't.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
They are talking about shots fired on the police scanner feeds now. But it's not clear whether that is related to this or if it's something else.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

What came first the chicken or the egg.......You are using bad logic. The police and the politicians who make the law should be about protecting and serving the people. They used to want to keep the peace now it is all about money and control. Endless laws mixed with a police forces that are actually in it to make money.

Swat used to be only for high risk now it used for everything. All police should have to wear a camera and microphone while on duty. That data should be streamed into a public cloud that can not be altered or deleted. Also police forces should not be able to keep money from tickets and seizures directly it should go into a public ruled distribution network.
edit on 14-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

This is actually a very bad thing because protesting is crucial for people to be heard and blow off steam. Just to set the record straight I am talking about peaceful protests not rioting or looting.

I am so glad we are in agreement on this point, that protest is crucial when a body feels their rights have been abused. When and if it gets to a personal level in their own backyard, believe me, people will protest.

Ppl may be upset at politics and it's direction and grouse til the cows come home, but when it hits family, neighborhood and/or pocketbook, ppl will howl in protest en masse.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join