It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

It's appreciated.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638
a reply to: kruphix

Ben Franklin would disagree
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Amen to that... These people can riot all they want but try to brake into my house to do some looting or whatever and you will be spitting 00 buck shot. If these people want to peacefully protest until the crack of dawn go for it. But don't be burning down QuikTrips and local businesses to prove a point. If your angry and want to take it out somewhere take it out on the police.. That's what they signed up for.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: lambchop

Thanks for the catch.

Sharing statement on journalist arrest...

Statement On The False Arrest Of Reporters Ryan Reilly And Wesley Lowery

Ryan Grim 08/13/14 11:11 PM ET

We are relieved Ryan Reilly and Wesley Lowery are safe, but we are disturbed by their arrest and assault.

Ryan was working on his laptop in a McDonald's near the protests in Ferguson, MO, when police barged in, armed with high-powered weapons, and began clearing the restaurant. Ryan photographed the intrusion, and police demanded his ID in response. Ryan, as is his right, declined to provide it. He proceeded to pack up his belongings, but was subsequently arrested for not packing up fast enough. Both Ryan and Wesley were assaulted.

Compared to some others who have come into contact with the police department, they came out relatively unscathed, but that in no way excuses the false arrest or the militant aggression toward these journalists. Ryan, who has reported multiple times from Guantanamo Bay, said that the police resembled soldiers more than officers, and treated those inside the McDonald's as "enemy combatants." Police militarization has been among the most consequential and unnoticed developments of our time, and it is now beginning to affect press freedom.

-- Ryan Grim, Huffington Post Washington Bureau Chief

source

Keep the cameras rolling.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

Not forgetting anything. I can tell the difference between a peaceful protest and riots. My neighbor breaking the law doesn't make me a criminal. We've got police firing tear gas at people in their own yards and arresting journalists. Are you going to tell me that's acceptable conduct because some other people caused destruction and did some looting the previous night?

I am saying the root cause of all these events are the protestors who have rioted and looted the past two nights and then have come out AGAIN a third night in a row.

The protestors have fled INTO the neighborhoods...they keep gathering inside the neighborhoods.

Journalists aren't immune to being arrested, no one has all the details of any of the arrests...but disobeying a police officer is enough to get you arrested.

Bottom line is that the actions tonight have been caused by the protestors...they wanted this confrontation and they got it...so why cry about it?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

this has gone beyond anything that can be defined as a "Peaceful Protest vs the Police." There has been geographical blocking of twitter, which is censorship. Members of the media have been fired upon and have been asked to stop reporting on this issue. A crowd of protesters with their arms in the air were fired upon by both rubber bullets and tear gas. A no fly zone has been imposed over the area.
a reply to: kicked
And let's not forget that a state senator has been tear gassed and a local alderman (council man) and two journalists arrested. Not good.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I saw a photo of Ferguson protestors preparing molotov cocktails just a few minutes ago. But the combined #Ferguson #frgsn hashtags are moving by so quickly, I can't scroll back to find it.

If it's retweeted, I'll post it. Things could be getting even more ugly.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I think those are pretty old

This one?

edit on 1420140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

Police should respond. But not in this magnitude.

So exactly how should they respond when you have crowds of 100+ gathered that have been known to riot and loot while being armed for the past two nights?

Then, what do you expect them to do when bottles and other items start being thrown at them from that crowd?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

100%.

This is a turning point of either a change towards a better world for humanity, or the implementation of something most people will not be able to accept is actually happening. Some of the citizens are aware of the oppression that has gone on today, the only thing we all can hope is that everyone else can see the true issue here.

When the people are faced with a situation where they have been wronged, we cannot act with vengeance in mind. This perpetuates the vicious circle that is society today.

link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: FraggleRock

Not forgetting anything. I can tell the difference between a peaceful protest and riots. My neighbor breaking the law doesn't make me a criminal. We've got police firing tear gas at people in their own yards and arresting journalists. Are you going to tell me that's acceptable conduct because some other people caused destruction and did some looting the previous night?

I am saying the root cause of all these events are the protestors who have rioted and looted the past two nights and then have come out AGAIN a third night in a row.

The protestors have fled INTO the neighborhoods...they keep gathering inside the neighborhoods.

Journalists aren't immune to being arrested, no one has all the details of any of the arrests...but disobeying a police officer is enough to get you arrested.

Bottom line is that the actions tonight have been caused by the protestors...they wanted this confrontation and they got it...so why cry about it?

Do you realize who the protestors are protesting against? Posse Comitatus.
edit on 14-8-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

link   
It's weird because I'm not seeing any tweets for the new Hashtag,
And the Ferguson hashtag has slowed down a lot.

I guess the censorship is now in full flow?

I'm in UK btw.

Edit. The Usual Hashtag working again.
edit on 14-8-2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

#frgsn literally only has one post in it for me. Strange...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Just an observation.

I'm watching the MSNBC feed and the man they are talking to on the scene is named Mustafa Hussein. They ask for his name and "act" like they do not know who he is.

But there are tweets and comments posted that this man was shot with rubber bullets, etc from a couple hours ago and it says that he had talked to these specific commentators earlier.

Something stinks here.
edit on 8/14/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I think those are pretty old

This one?

Look at that peaceful protest.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

It will be interesting if the media gets pissed. I'm extremely mad about media being targeted and arrested.

link   

Cheers for the effort you and others have put into this thread in the last 6+ hours Bill, I really appreciate the constant updates that you, and a great number of awesome ATS members here have provided thus far - down under I am getting very very little MSM coverage on this travesty unfolding before my eyes.

I hope that once this is all over, a full enquiry, including full accountability of the Police Department, is afforded to the town folk, and the American people and the world.

Because the world IS watching.

link   
Too many bleeding hearts in here, waaa they look scary waaaa they're SWAT members wearing camo, with scary black salt weapons~ booohooo this infringes on my feelings and my right to watching rioters burn their own locally owned businesses and loot. no justice no peas mo justice mo pls

link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: thirdcoast

Police should respond. But not in this magnitude.

So exactly how should they respond when you have crowds of 100+ gathered that have been known to riot and loot while being armed for the past two nights?

Then, what do you expect them to do when bottles and other items start being thrown at them from that crowd?

Here drink a beer and go to bed.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join