It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: scghst1
a reply to: kruphix

They are protesting against the local PD that murdered a young black teen and has released little to almost nonexistant info based on his murder. And witnesses have said that the PD was in the wrong. They are protesting that they want justice for this teen's murder. That is why they are protesting.

Allegedly murdered.

There is an investigation going on...I don't have all the facts, you don't have all the facts...none of the protestors have all the facts.

The incident is under investigation, what more do the protestors want? What are they protesting...what do they want to happen that hasn't happened yet?

I beg to differ. I am absolutely certain that at least a few of those protestors know the facts. Don't forget that there were witnesses there when this kid was shot. I would also imagine that those few witnesses informed as many as they could on what they saw and it certainly had to spread like wildfire afterwards.

WE don't have all the facts... But there are those that do.

link   
The officer in question could be put in custody until he bails out, or goes to trial. If any one else killed someone under similar circumstances, they would be arrested, but the police are above the law I suppose.

+8 more 
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I don't see anyone posting about this.

www.reddit.com...

Update on Assualt: 1/2)White guy with dog came around a group of teens. Dog was sniffing around area. A few teens accused white guy of being a cop.
2/2) White guy got jumped. Other residents pleaded to stop. Several police cruisers came right away, chased kids. #Ferguson
1-twitter.com...
2-twitter.com...

Protestors beat up a guy walking a dog.

Guess you guys are just as bad as the MSM in your selective reporting. Don't want to tarnish this image of a "peaceful protest".

Oh yeah...there was that little thing about the rioting and looting two nights in a row. But you guys have no idea why the police would show up in force tonight...hmmmmmm????

My taxes didn't pay for those kids to beat up that dude. My taxes are paying for the police to throw journalists at soda machines, gas politicians, and beat up my fellow citizens.

Big difference and not relevant.

It is completely relevant because actions like these is what is causing the police to be there in force tonight.

People can say these are peaceful protests all they want...but two nights of rioting and looting proves otherwise.

I think you are wasting your valuable time here. I think you should go join the wonderful totally reasonable LEO in Ferguson. You have so many good ideas to share with them on crowd control, and stripping people of the freedoms.

Bet you'd feel all big and strong in one of those spiffy military getups too. You could puff your chest out all proud and stuff, while you fired rubber bullets at families standing in their own yards. What a thrill huh.

The above is an example of what I think is the mentality of a lot of those cops today. That they hold all the power, and it feels so good. I wonder how they would feel to be on the other side of the protest. Feeling the frustration of being herded by military tanks, like prisoners, or animals, on the street in front of their homes.

The fact is...the Mayor did not call for a curfew for tonight. They had every right to be outside their homes. They had every right to peaceful protest. As much as you think they do not, they do.

So many laws were broken by the LEO today. I doubt they will ever be called on the carpet for it.

But, as I am seeing on social media and the MSM tonight. What the shooting death of Michael Brown couldn't do, the LEO of Ferguson has done. Bring shame to Ferguson, for their heavy handed treatment of citizens of America. Not one single news cast I saw, said anything positive about the LEO. Mostly shock, is what I saw and heard. Shock that a military style force was unleashed on the people of Ferguson. Shocked at how bad it looked. Shocked at the over reaction of the LEO.

I hope they do hire you...you certainly have the temperament for the job.

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast

This has nothing to do with Posse Comitatus...there are no federal military personnel there tonight.

These are local and county police...just because they are dressed in military gear does not mean they are covered under Posse Comitatus.

So please enlighten me...who are they protesting against?

No, enlighten me, we need guns mounted on the top of a truck, pointed at innocent citizens?

link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

The riot isn't new. There have been much worse. The response is what is new. They opened fire on citizens tonight. Rubber or Copper...I don't care. Those shots...I'll never forget hearing, personally. (sigh)

This is the EXACT reason why people are upset right now with the PD's. And it seems that even our own members are getting this fact extremely skewed.

link   
Delete
edit on 14-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
A Russia Today video (link) just said police in Ferguson were attacked by molotov cocktails. That's the first I heard of that… has anyone else seen that mentioned elsewhere?

link   
It was just reported that there were shots fired at the PD there now where the protests moved to. Things developing.

link   
Ok, I need to go to bed..but I am going to leave the pc on to record the coverage from Domo's link. I think we may have just witnessed some hardcore BS from MSNBC.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

No I have not heard anything of molotov's being thrown at police. They threw them on top of the car wash nearby, but was not near where the police were at the time.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with Posse Comitatus...there are no federal military personnel there tonight.

These are local and county police...just because they are dressed in military gear does not mean they are covered under Posse Comitatus.

No, enlighten me, we need guns mounted on the top of a truck, pointed at innocent citizens?

This is America...I thought we loved guns???

Funny thing is...the pro gun crowd can't see how their agenda pretty much guarantees this type of police force.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
A Russia Today video (link) just said police in Ferguson were attacked by molotov cocktails. That's the first I heard of that… has anyone else seen that mentioned elsewhere?

If this is true, its getting more and more like Northern Ireland in the 80's and 90's.
And you definitely dont want that..

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt
There is no dash cam video. The copcars there don't have dashcams equipped, if you can believe such a thing like that in 2014.....

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

no, i haven't. rt is reportedly also censoring comments/links.

if i didn't know any better, i'd say they were stirring up # during a crap hurricane. also one of the few times they've overstepped from distortion to outright lying.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

So many laws were broken by the LEO today. I doubt they will ever be called on the carpet for it.

Des

What's new, huh? 'They' are obviously pushing heavy on their agenda.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I haven't seen it reported anywhere else, but I have seen the pictures and I have heard the reports of people throwing Molotov cocktails at buildings. I have seen video of the crowd throwing bottles at the police..so it wouldn't surprise me to find out they are also throwing Molotovs at the police.

A true peaceful protest stays peaceful even when confronted with force.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I was 100% against the original rioting and looting. I raised more than a few eyebrows with my candid view of this in the original thread.

That being said I am 100% against what the police are doing currently to control this. If anyone had any doubt that we are living in a progressive ruled police state it is time to wake up. What we are seeing is planned by the PTB to acclimate the population to the idea of outright control in the name of security. It is the reason they bought all the military gear and the patriot act was put in place.

Protesting is a thing of the past in America after this. They want outright control over everything. The constitution might as well not exist. PTB could care less about any of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erich94
It was just reported that there were shots fired at the PD there now where the protests moved to. Things developing.

Probably false. This Vine is from just 5 minutes ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

From Yahoo News - So it must be True

Protests turn violent in St Louis Suburb

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Protests in the St. Louis suburb rocked by racial unrest since a white police officer shot an unarmed black teenager to death turned violent Wednesday night, with some people lobbing Molotov cocktails and other objects at police who responded with smoke bombs and tear gas to disperse the crowd.

edit on 14-8-2014 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

This is America...I thought we loved guns???

Funny thing is...the pro gun crowd can't see how their agenda pretty much guarantees this type of police force.

We do love guns.

But when a gun is pointed near you for no good reason, thats when you are basically forced to take action.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join