It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

Well, as my parting thought to this tonight and seeing as how I live here to live with how this all turns out around Missouri, I'll say this.

Cops are like many other professions in at least one major way. Especially when acting together on a major operation like this has been. They are a direct reflection of their leadership who plans it and sets the rules as well as limits. The majority of cops out there tonight could probably be downright decent, just as easily, if they'd been told to approach it that way.

I wouldn't take anything out on the cops personally. That's my personal feeling, but a deeply rooted one. I would seriously consider making their department's business my side hobby and mission in life for quite some time though. Missouri has a 'sunshine law' that the whole nation will soon be learning all about. I've used it. It works. (part of what Journalism classes are good for too). This isn't over on many levels. I just hope it ends for the street confrontations.
edit on 8/14/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
To the ppl talking about the cops innocence.

Unnamed black kid shot in the back.

Some yards down the road.

Witnesses.

I'd really like to see the circumstances in the dash cam prove the cops innocence.

"oh. he looked like he was pulling out a gun".

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats

I'd really like to see the circumstances in the dash cam prove the cops innocence.

Funny thing is? The Chief of Police stated earlier today that they don't even have dash cams in their cars yet. Even though this is 2014. Yet they have all of that gear, all those guns and that money to pay for it all.

We will never know what truly happened here, and if we do get to "know", it will be lobbied against the kid.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I think this thread needs some Sesame St.

Perhaps the local law enforcement type people can watch this too, study it...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: scghst1

originally posted by: igor_ats

Funny thing is? The Chief of Police stated earlier today that they don't even have dash cams in their cars yet. Even though this is 2014. Yet they have all of that gear, all those guns and that money to pay for it all.

We will never know what truly happened here, and if we do get to "know", it will be lobbied against the kid.

this whole thing looks like it was planned...provoke the people and have an army turn up and crack heads.........this equipment was on standby and not locally sourced...so someone somewhere knew something was going to break and were well prepared for the consequences

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A fire hose or two could have dispersed that crowd, what I saw certainly opened my eyes.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I was thinking that too. There was way more than enough time and commotion for any cameras to be stripped from cars that day, and I bet as soon as the police heard there was going to be a vigil held the first night, they called up everyone and their mother's to get this entire operation up and running. And that's the scary part. How quickly they mobilized and set up all of this including the FAA restrictions. For a vigil. Someone wanted this to happen and its been provoked from the very start.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Live feed: See here

They have just been told by the St . Louis PD to turn off Cameras.
edit on 14-8-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

A fire hose or two could have dispersed that crowd, what I saw certainly opened my eyes.

i am sitting here watching this unfold in disbelief.....and all the media censoring is just unbelievable....this proves alot of what was once just a conspiracy...this emerging police state should have everyone who breathes worried

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I was thinking that too. There was way more than enough time and commotion for any cameras to be stripped from cars that day, and I bet as soon as the police heard there was going to be a vigil held the first night, they called up everyone and their mother's to get this entire operation up and running. And that's the scary part. How quickly they mobilized and set up all of this including the FAA restrictions. For a vigil. Someone wanted this to happen and its been provoked from the very start.

something is rotten alright......it was monring time here when skeptic posted this thread i was scanning the 24 hours newsite here and it took until 5pm for anything at all and it was painted a racial thing
edit on 14-8-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: more info

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

That is not live. that is from over 4 hours ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake

That is not live. that is from over 4 hours ago.

Yeah someone said it was live, dunno, can't see the time stamps for some reason, but the comments look new.

Tear gas, sound weapons, and rubber bullets. Sunshine and rainbows move along nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Just turned on news, looking for coverage on CNN, etc...nothing at the moment. Now it's commercial break. I'll check the live feed I guess.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Tear gas, sound weapons, and rubber bullets. Sunshine and rainbows move along nothing to see here.

You should have seen it when it was actually live. I was in tears.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

You should have seen it when it was actually live. I was in tears.

Missed a lot of what's gone on today and tonight this is so... wow into people's homes...
ETA civilians, media being fired at.

Am seeing what you mean here now, it's escalating in the vid.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I really feel like that there were too many people affected by the riots this evening for it to be just swept under the rug. It was not just the citizens who were protesting that saw what happened in Missouri tonight. I feel like when the MSM reports on this tomorrow it is going to open a lot of peoples minds as to the true censorship of the flow of information by the "prominent" and "credible" sources that people turn to for this information, unless the truth is reported.

If this issue blows over, then we have lost.

I mean, you said it plain and clear right there. They have an arsenal of weapons to combat dissent, but no dash cams on their cruisers. What more evidence do people need? It's a good thing this issue has spawned a multitude of it.

They imposed a no fly zone over the area because someone apparently shot at a police helicopter. The fly zone was excluding "medical and police helicopters." Sorry to say, but these protesters are not going to fire at the media reporting what is going on. In fact those firing upon the media today were the police.

So what does the justification then become? To protect people? Every other action of the police went against that idea today. Wesley Lowery reported that the police wouldn't call paramedics for a man who was screaming he couldn't breathe and that he was going to die. (the transcript of where this was said, can be found in this thread)

Something very sinister happened/is happening in Ferguson these past few days. I think it would be naive to think that something like this hasn't happened before with a successful cover up. It is up to the citizens of the world to ensure this doesn't happen again.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I think most of that stuff came after people started looting etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I wish I still had the source and the pictures on hand but no. The Bearcats and LRADs and MRAPs didnt show up until the looting, but the first night the vigil was held the people were just there huddled crying and praying and chanting really powerful messages that had nothing to do with the police/municipalities what-so-ever.

And that's when the police showed up in Riot gear (minus the big trucks blocking off areas like we have been seeing) and told everyone who was holding the vigil to go home and leave; with K9's in hand and tear gas fired into a crowd of people doing absolutely nothing but mourning. The following night was the riots and the break-ins.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I understand the protest and making a statement; what I never understand is the looting and wreaking havoc. I suppose it's just a statement borne out of anger but at the end of the day, it simply doesn't help the cause. In the light of day, the wreckage and burnt ashes of your neighborhood makes a bigger statement than the one singular act that caused the reaction.

There is something to be said about being cool, calm and collected and outwitting the enemy. Of course we all have our boiling point and then there's that.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofsheba
I understand the protest and making a statement; what I never understand is the looting and wreaking havoc. I suppose it's just a statement borne out of anger but at the end of the day, it simply doesn't help the cause. In the light of day, the wreckage and burnt ashes of your neighborhood makes a bigger statement than the one singular act that caused the reaction.

There is something to be said about being cool, calm and collected and outwitting the enemy. Of course we all have our boiling point and then there's that.

I find it interesting that such a small city population when confronted with hostile and abusive cops decide to instead loot business instead of demanding accountability. Almost like they took a playbook from New Orleans. It does make sense though cause every time I hear about someone getting killed on the news I get this uncontrollable itch to rob a Turkey Hill. Its almost makes me wonder how many of those looters were or are affiliated with the FBI. Nah, right?

Curious though that it has brought the finest crowd with some nice equipment. I wonder if that water cannon tank was already there, in route before the rioting or called in to handle such an unruly city of 21,000. By comparison, I suppose we would need all of the western alliances to put down New York City.
edit on 14-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join