It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

New York City? Now that's a whole 'nother animal. That would be nuts, or not. I mean think about it...the kind of thing that happened in Ferguson must happen pretty frequently in the Big Apple but we don't hear about it. Interesting concept, huh? Wonder what the statistics are there for unarmed African-Americans being shot by LE?

What a strange world....or reality show we are watching.
Who knows?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Geeeeez, I go to bed early & miss everything
I can't find a single livestream ATM, at least none that aren't on loop. Twitter seems to be updating just fine for me, but nothing really noteworthy or useful, just the typical "prayers & positive thoughts" ish.

Something tells me we'll have a few more nights like this one before most people end up mentally spent & throw in the towel. It's the ones who'd stick around afterward that worry me, because at that point, I'm thinking ulterior motives with enough in numbers to cause even more trouble. Kind of like what happened with OWS.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Geeeeez, I go to bed early & miss everything
I can't find a single livestream ATM, at least none that aren't on loop. Twitter seems to be updating just fine for me, but nothing really noteworthy or useful, just the typical "prayers & positive thoughts" ish.

Something tells me we'll have a few more nights like this one before most people end up mentally spent & throw in the towel. It's the ones who'd stick around afterward that worry me, because at that point, I'm thinking ulterior motives with enough in numbers to cause even more trouble. Kind of like what happened with OWS.

Here's a local one I'm watching.

new.livestream.com...

It looks like they may be moving on to other news at the moment since it's getting into the morning news hours.

edit on 14-8-2014 by Honcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Twitter seems to be updating just fine for me, but nothing really noteworthy or useful, just the typical "prayers & positive thoughts" ish.

am i really far off here ?...that just doesn't sit well with me...with all the censoring going it is possible they have found a way to keep twitter going without any actual posters who have any real information posting.....how can something like this happen and the coverage just stop ?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I certainly don't remember seeing photos like these during the occupy Wall Street protests. What I see in these pictures is either

a.) pre-planned training OP on crowd management using non-lethal crowd control warfare.

B.) a military occupation of an American town.

If this becomes an acceptable reality than wait until you see what tomorrow brings.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

To be shared everywhere and with everyone!

new.livestream.com...

This 20 minute recorded live feed is what the masses need to see. For it includes the very recipe needed to wake people up to what has been built up around them.

1. Peaceful protesters, aware enough of the games being played that it is the first time I have ever seen hands up protesting.

2. A line of militarized police, with military grade weapons (LRAD) to handle unarmed protesters.

3. Use of military grade weapons (LRAD) for no apparent reason, resulting in a bottle to be thrown.

4. After said bottle is thrown, tear gas and rubber bullets are unleashed upon a crowd of protestors that was white/black/latino, male/female. As well as continued use of a LRAD, which is the main point that needs to be focused upon for this weapon is beyond brutal.

5. They then proceed to follow peaceful protestors into a neighborhood.

This right here needs to be shared across social media and FOCUSED upon.

I should mention the whole disruption of social media, as well as the whole no fly zone, which conveniently kept aerial coverage of what went down out of the picture.

I have seen one poster absurdly trying to make the claim that what would you expect the police to do, they threw a bottle! Conveniently leaving out the use of a high powered weapon meant for the military (LRAD) prior to the bottle being thrown.

Also I would like to say, yes, they are trying to goad the masses into unrest/race war. However this will not work for we are uniting and this kind of evidence will go a long way. For more than one use, confimation of the police state "conspiracy" As well the need to stand up and demand change. There is no other option. People will respond in kind, there is no amount of mindless entertainment that can hide the clear situation we face, for we are getting to the point of nothing left to lose!

I love seeing that the world is watching! Thank god for our global community! For we shall overcome our collective oppression!!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amThursday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I just now heard that the group "anonymous" has been reported to have been hacking into some of the police and other city government buildings. According to KTVI the local St. Louis news station.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Honcho
I just now heard that the group "anonymous" has been reported to have been hacking into some of the police and other city government buildings. According to KTVI the local St. Louis news station.

you can almost bet your bottom dollar that any news we are receiving right now has been suitably doctored

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Wow, this is really getting out if hand isn't it?

Do you think this will go down as one of those pivotal moments in US history?

Is this when people finally say enough?

hahahaha

dont be ridiculous.

with all the insanity that has happened and people haven't revolted they wont because of this. TPTB are pushing the sheep to see how far they can go and they will go all the way because the herd are too scared to rebel.

We deserve our slavery.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
WOW! These are the first images I've seen of this, have been hearing about it on radio....WOW!
I was living in Nashville in April of '68 when MLK was shot in Memphis and lived under martial law for a week or so. I never saw anything that looked even remotely like this! We had a curfew but I never saw any tanks, only National Guard soldiers.
My take on this is that the media is doing its best to divide us over the issue. They don't want to talk about how often cops shoot unarmed citizens for imagined crimes. They'd much rather show the bad behavior of thugs in the aftermath and imply that these communities somehow deserve whatever happens to them because---they leave this part unspoken of course---but show quite clearly---they are savages. Thus the entire community must be full of thugs and savages, including the innocent victims.
How about we focus on the hundreds of families across the nation who have been impacted by out of control cops on steroids?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
the deceased individual has a history of a bad attitude towards authority.

he assaulted an officer and injured the officers face and head.

the deceased and the officer fought over the officers weapon.

the officer shot and killed the deceased individual.

local residents took to the streets, burned and looted, a convenience store/gas station, and attempted to do more of the same to a strip mall, but other local white residents armed themselves and stopped the expanding looting, stealing/ burning/ arson crowd.

all this in the immediate neighborhood of the rioters,
fired weapons at news helicopters, damaged or destroyed another twenty police vehicles,
and some of you are protesting that the police are bringing too much reinforcements to a "peaceful protest"

so they, in response to a fatal shooting, destroyed numerous taxpayer funded vehicles and private owned businesses, to prove what or to make a statement about what?

too bad the citizens protecting other businesses or the police have not shot and killed more of them.

rodney king ring a bell?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
They'd much rather show the bad behavior of thugs in the aftermath and imply that these communities somehow deserve whatever happens to them because---they leave this part unspoken of course---but show quite clearly---they are savages.

makes me wonder if Blackwater, Xe is there. They seem to be everywhere these days.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75
the deceased individual has a history of a bad attitude towards authority.

he assaulted an officer and injured the officers face and head.

the deceased and the officer fought over the officers weapon.

the officer shot and killed the deceased individual.

Attacking the victim is moot at this point because the citizenry (whether manufactured or otherwise) have used this situation as a flashpoint over their anger with police brutality.

local residents took to the streets, burned and looted, a convenience store/gas station, and attempted to do more of the same to a strip mall, but other local white residents armed themselves and stopped the expanding looting, stealing/ burning/ arson crowd.

It's curious though that local law enforcement felt it wise to spend their resources corralling peaceful protesters instead of actively subduing looters (they are not one of the same).

all this in the immediate neighborhood of the rioters,
fired weapons at news helicopters, damaged or destroyed another twenty police vehicles,
and some of you are protesting that the police are bringing too much reinforcements to a "peaceful protest"

Yeah curious provocation isn't it? Who benefits?

or the police have not shot and killed more of them.

Sounds like its just getting started, give it time.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

Are you certain about that?

What I have been reading says while yes there was a guy with the same name as the victim that had a rap sheet... but the victim was pretty clean cut no record.

they may have struggled over the gun but when the kid was killed he was 30 feet from the officer standing still with his hands in the air... when is that ever justified?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

i looked at and read about this guys facebook posts and pictures.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Next up?

Free speech zones!

I guess that whole right to peacefully assemble was getting kind of old. . . .

I have a question for you, and it's a very serious one.

I honestly don't know what to think here. For one, justice does involve a process, that process is to examine all parts of the evidence and make a finding. This of course takes time.

Yes, a boy was killed, we don't know the situation at all. We don't know.

I do know after someone dies how saintly they become, in everyone's eyes. Happened with that barber under us when he got murdered. Man was the biggest drug dealer around, and the biggest asshole, he had threatened his landlords on multiple occasions and they were terrified of him... it's why they didn't ever evict him. Point blank they were afraid to. His own children hated him, and wanted nothing to do with him... but when he was murdered, they were all saying what a great community leader he was and how much everyone loved him.. such BS no one around could stand the man.

So, there is a chance this was unwarranted, and there is a chance that is was. We cannot make that determination yet... at all, at all. Actual evidence is what is needed, and then there is a process to consider.

Now, when this first hit the fan, the people were looting and rioting, it was all bad. The cops in Ferguson had to call in cops from all around to end all the looting and rioting - all the additional cops and swat etc is what stopped the riot. Period. We do for a fact know that.

So now, they cannot just leave - they risk the entire city getting burned to the ground, just like LA. So okay, it has now turned into more peaceful protesting - but only due to the police presence.

Are the cops right for some of it, yes, most definitely. Are they wrong for some of it - yes, most definitely.

Trying to shut down twitter feeds on it is probably wrong... yet - what respectable reporter uses social media anyway? Seriously? Facebook? That isn't reporting, that's gossip, and gossip is never two sided. Journalism shows all sides, and looks for the truth. An actual journalist uses actual media...not facebook and twitter.

Also, there is to consider they are using this as a means to learn how to stop ISIS and other terrorist groups from spreading their message of hate. Nothing like on the ground learning.... and that is me being hopeful. I have always wanted them to shut down extremist sites and feeds - it would grant us much protection in the future from the conversion of innocent (and ignorant) people. It has never happened in the past (as you know I used to work to get these sites shut down, and had to fight the government over it) but it would make a wonderful future if they decided to change their policy of allowing sites and feeds like that to continue... and they have to learn somewhere.

I am very conflicted about this... as I can see both sides to this story.

edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Wow I actually am shocked by that , thought dash cam videos were standard issue for liability purposes.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

Interesting, very interesting.

Especially since you specifically pointed out the race of the residents that armed themselves to protect businesses, but didn't feel the need to specify the race of the rioters for some reason.

local residents took to the streets, burned and looted, a convenience store/gas station, and attempted to do more of the same to a strip mall, but other local white residents armed themselves and stopped the expanding looting, stealing/ burning/arson crowd.

Was there a reason you felt the need for that specification?

Maybe for years those specific businesses looted the people, overcharging for services and were part of a larger problem in the area.

Maybe this anger was just below the surface, and the murder of an unarmed citizen was the spark that set off the powder keg.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
a reply to: TKDRL

Wow I actually am shocked by that , thought dash cam videos were standard issue for liability purposes.

That shocked me too. So much so, I googled in search of any info of dash cams in Ferguson MO cop cars. The only thing of interest I found, was an ambulance chaser's site where he used as an example for getting clients off from DUI's, was one of his court cases where a Ferguson Mo cop car dash cam was used to get his client off.

I'm going to call the land shark tomorrow, and ask him if he has really had a court case where such a dash cam from that city was used as evidence.

Should be interesting, if he says yes.

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The slain teenager and a friend were
"accused of stealing gum from the store
or some sort of cigarettes," the alderman said.

The police were called and when the police tried to exit the vehicle
the slain teenager fought and injured the officer,
and the fight caused the discharge of the officers weapon.

then the officer shot the teenager.

the teenager was accused of theft/stealing
the teenager assaulted with intent to do bodily harm, an officer of the law
the slain teenager disobeyed the officers orders, which is resisting arrest
the slain teenager had already injured the officer in the face/head area, to what extent is unknown
the slain teenager was not complying with officers directions
the slain teenager was not frisked, so the injured officer could not determine if there was
a clear and present danger of further assault with a deadly weapon.

justified shooting.

all the behavior of community members following the shooting --- unjustified.

if the shooting was unjustified

all the behavior of the community members following the shooting --- unjustified.

just like they did in LA after Rodney King, or BR after hurricane Katrina.

unjustified.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join