It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: undo

I don't think anyone here hates Christians though.

Just because people say they want to see Christianity disappear doesn't mean they hate Christians. It certainly doesn't mean they want Christians killed (as per grandma's claim in many of her posts).

it's poor timing, considering the state of the planet.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

so the reason that Atheists are targeting Christianity is very plain to see.

They are not targeting Christianity. All they want is to keep State and Church separate according to the constitution.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
i suppose that means i'm a bad person

Now now. If there is one thing we should actually all have faith in, it's ourselves.. (can't believe I just said that!)

Besides, good person / bad person are simplistic mischaracterisations. There's good and bad in everyone.

Ghandi used to sleep naked with underage girls, and Mother Theresa denied medical aid to those suffering in her 'care', but these folk are held up as being role models and thought of as good people. Conversely, Hitler was very kind to animals... it's all relative.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

so the reason that Atheists are targeting Christianity is very plain to see.

They are not targeting Christianity. All they want is to keep State and Church separate according to the constitution.

you understand they only want to keep it separate where it involves christianity
it's like......well imagine you have a bunch of kids, and you're nice to all of them accept one. people start naturally wondering what's going on

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

conversely famous atheists did some yuck too. what's your point? please tell me you have a point? i know those famous atheists who did bad things are not representative of all atheists. and if i can figure that out, as a dumb christian woman, surely you can as well. i mean, how obvious can it be?!!

don't shine me on.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

There's nothing untoward going on. Atheists just don't care what Christians believe and they don't care if they have 100 churches in their area. Atheists strongly support their right to religion and beliefs.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

There's nothing untoward going on. Atheists just don't care what Christians believe and they don't care if they have 100 churches in their area. Atheists strongly support their right to religion and beliefs.

promise?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

promise?

Cross my heart and hope to die.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I was talking about human nature in general (making the point that we tend to label people as good or bad and how simplistic that is), not using Ghandi and Theresa as examples of bad religious people.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I know there are extremist and militant atheists who are very against them but that's in the minority. There are always extremists in every group.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Wrong, they are doing a whole lot more than that.

Maybe as you say a few are, but there's much more going on against Christianity everywhere on the entire planet.

Satan will use every emotion to keep a person deceived. A person's pride of self will usually be a good place to start. And many other little whispers in the ear to keep people far away from having an open mind. Keep the heart hardened and the person bitter about life on Earth, and they won't try to discover God's plan. Get a person to close their mind against God being real, and use all of the burdens and the punishment the earth can offer to get them against that idea, and then it is easy after that to keep them enslaved and then they will ridicule the idea and use a faulty human value system to keep believing that deception.

And their own pride will tell them that people who believe in God are stupid, unscientific, illogical, and just plain ridiculous, but in the end Satan will be laughing even louder at their demise. I have seen the devil before and huge crowds of demons and I know how much they love to see a person destroyed, and when they are destroyed spiritually because of their work against a person, they really enjoy that.
It isn't easy to keep them far away and it takes a true understanding of every way they can get at you through your own faults that they will exploit.

When people really care about their own faults, then the real battle begins. Most people don't care about their faults like pride, greed, envy, and those are how a person can be deceived, it will be used against you.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Wrong, they are doing a whole lot more than that.

Such as?

And their own pride will tell them that people who believe in God are stupid, unscientific, illogical, and just plain ridiculous

Oh yeah I know that. I've seen that here on ATS a few times.

I am an ex-Christian and I have known and know many very, very intelligent Christians.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I know there are extremist and militant atheists who are very against them but that's in the minority. There are always extremists in every group.

true. and people can be variants of that as well. extreme about somethings and not extreme about others. like i'm an extreme fan of jesus but i'm not an extreme fan about forcing people to also be extreme fans of jesus.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
public schools use to be a pretty good representative slice of american ideals, traditions and moral values. then the communists came over to treat us all to the new age of the sexual revolution, sex, drugs and rock n' roll and although those things have their places and times where they may be good / and or useful, they were used like a weapon against christians in particular causing a huge social reaction. these guys are masterful manipulators and just as the case with major world religions, they knew you start young and brainwash the younger generation. so they infiltrated our schools and screwed the whole thing ten ways till tuesday.

the events going on here read just like what happened to the egyptians before the exodus events. you should read some of the sad stories that came out of there during the hyksos period.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Sex, drugs and rock and roll are caused by communists? You really believe that?

Next you will tell me they are trying to sap your precious bodily fluids.. No wonder McCarthyism took off over there..

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Sex, drugs and rock and roll are caused by communists? You really believe that?

Next you will tell me they are trying to sap your precious bodily fluids.. No wonder McCarthyism took off over there..

no lol
sex drugs and rock n' roll were the banner that was used, to make people think communism was a freedom movement but it's actually the exact opposite.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Next you will tell me they are trying to sap your precious bodily fluids

I love that movie.

Anyway yes sometimes people do get paranoid. I've been through that before when I got deep into conspiracy theories. Just give them reassurance and facts.

However that is not to say that conspiracies do not exist. They really do. Just this one is not true.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

what part isn't true? this part perhaps?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

The simple answer is that 90% of humanity are cowards so they are not going to step on toes that step back on them or hurt them in any way, or even call them names. The other 10% are psychotic or sociopaths - sometimes a combination of the two and these are the most vocal, some are dictators or wanna be dictators etc.

ETA: I left no room for error and my figures were more related to this particular topic. I think the "ists's", well. . . "humanist" is narcissistic and atheists are frustrated and lash out, but this is still bias and they feel safety so they can vent their frustrations on one group over another - does not make it right though. Then you have a handful (maybe the 10%) who really have the personalities of dictators, and yes they are the most vocal.

Atheism has it's own problems, often times it can be very radical and fundamentalist in nature. I dont have any answers here, it helps to see both sides and I just dont know what to tell them. You can't say "you are right" just to make them feel good, because it would be lying. If you say "you dont know" they sometimes get paranoid about that too. If it grows then we have real problems because we've all seen that before. What to do? Pass more laws? Make new names? or just let people live the way they want to, but apparently some people just can't do that.

. . . wont be solving this problem tonight though.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Sorry I am deaf. The video isn't closed captioned.

But anyway sex, drugs and rock n roll in the 60's would be more of a CIA thing than the communists. It has been shown here on ATS many times that the CIA has infiltrated and change society and cause divisions and other things. I would be more worried about the CIA.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join