It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: undo

Sorry I am deaf. The video isn't closed captioned.

But anyway sex, drugs and rock n roll in the 60's would be more of a CIA thing than the communists. It has been shown here on ATS many times that the CIA has infiltrated and change society and cause divisions and other things. I would be more worried about the CIA.

ohh too bad you cant see that video. let me see if i can find a transcript of it

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
double post
edit on 1-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

But anyway sex, drugs and rock n roll in the 60's would be more of a CIA thing than the communists. It has been shown here on ATS many times that the CIA has infiltrated and change society and cause divisions and other things. I would be more worried about the CIA.

here is the actual book
www.voltairenet.org...
edit on 1-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Thank you. I will read later. It's late now lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

k don't forget. here's a quote to wet your whistle:

Chapter I
THE ACTORS ON THE REVOLUTIONARY STAGE

Dear Mr. President: I am in sympathy with the Soviet form of government as that best suited for the Russian people...

Letter to President Woodrow Wilson (October 17, 1918) from William Lawrence Saunders, chairman, Ingersoll-Rand Corp.; director, American International Corp.; and deputy chairman, Federal Reserve Bank of New York

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

just my opinion from research. did you not want me to read, form opinions or offer them for others to agree/disagree with?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Not a Week goes by when we don't read or hear of another Atheist Group trying to force its views on Christianity.

Yet over the last year, I have not seen these supposed anti-religious groups attack any other religion except Christianity.

So why is that?

There seems to be a consorted conspiracy against Christianity.

Take yesterday for example we read about the Humanist now wanting a football team from praying.

First off, I am not a Christian nor a of the main religions. However, I am personally fed up with being called a secular humanist atheist because I don't believe in a main stream religion. I also support the decisions to keep Christianity outside of public life because I was forced to pray in school to Jesus which was totally against my beliefs. You want to pray, fine -- but stop making it mandatory for me to support your religion or engage in its practices. Secular public institutions are the way to let me have my faith, you have yours and not force anyone else's beliefs on anyone else.

Yet Humanism is everywhere. In our Schools, in our media in our faces on just about ever plane in our lives. But you don't see Christians going out and demanding they stop their humanism.

Over a year ago the FFRA protested flag pole prayer buy a Christian Bible club at the school because "it gave the impression" the school was supporting Christianity.

Yes thank god it is everywhere otherwise I would never be free of being forced into religious practices that are against my beliefs. I love Christmas season but I honestly have experienced more pressure from Christians who point out I am "corrupting" the holiday by not making it all about Jesus. I have never demanded anyone not celebrate it in a way that i s meaningful to them, just stop trying to make me celebrate in a way I don't want to.

Yet at the same school Muslims were allowed to have set aside separate rooms for prayer times so Islamic students didn't have to miss the call to prayer. And they are exempt from their classes while at prayer. But a club can't pray around the flag pole?

Two points. First of all there are a lot of overzealous petty bureaucrats who love to apply rules to get their little power trip going. That is not a war on Christianity, that is a bunch of morons. However, there is a big difference between allowing people of a faith to practice their religion and have space to do that in, and forcing people to participate in a prayer. If the Muslim students had demanded that the club pray perform an islamic prayer around the flag pole, then that should not be allowed. Having a chapel for Christian student use? That is fine. Leading the school in a morning Christian prayer? That forces me to practice your religion.

Teachers are barred fro m having a Bible on their desk but in the same school teachers are allowed to have a Koran on their desk with no opposition.

In that case, get on to the local ACLU because that is blatant discrimination. Yea those secular lawyers may not pray with you, but they will take the idiots that give one religion preference over another to the legal mat. Seriously make it a constitutional challenge.

The fundamentals of Transidental Meditation, without the mention of the which religions use the practice, are taught our kids from Kindergarten. All the while the images if Gautamah Buddha and Hari Krishna adorn the literature books that are used to teach this to the students.

And quotes are used from the bible as well as images of Jesus and Moses because it is part of literature too. I have made an intensive study of the bible and many other christian books from the early church, but studying something does not mean you believe it. In fact, I want my children to know all about Christianity and other religions because it is part of their own spiritual exploration. As or TM, you might be interested to know that it is almost identical to some of the Christian practices that are common in meditative practices of Christianity that have been part of faith since the early church.

Humanism, a religion in and of itself,

No it's not. There is no such thing, that is a made up straw man opponent used by fundamentalists when they need an enemy to rage against.

is allowed free run in all teaching of our children from k-college, from the sciences and math to philosophy and geography. Yet even mention of Christianity is being removed.

The job of education is to teach science, math, literature and a host of other academic and vocational subjects not to promote a particular religion. I find it interesting that the news is full of Christian parents demanding all reference to Islam and other religions be taken out of school even when the subject is something like geography that deals with world religions. Once you start wanting it both ways, take out all references to other religions byt leave all references to Christianity in, then you are practicing the double standard that makes me a second class citizen.

The humanist Agenda

No such thing.

has gotten the sensor beeps to be removed from vulgar profanity in all areas of media, and at the other end now the name of Jesus Christ is beeped out 80% of the time it is used (not peeped out when it is used as a curse 100% of the time, and when it is used in reference to Christianity 80%).

Do you have a reference for this claim or are you just making these numbers up?

It is time these groups start either being fair in their opposition of ALL Religions or be labeled as Hate Groups.

Exactly my point, and the practice and promotion of Christianity should be subject to the same restrictions as the practice and promotion of Islam or Satanism. Totally with you on that one.

For such practice if it were to be carried out by Christians in opposing the Gay Agenda they would be quickly labeled as such. Just any group that opposed a certain race would also be, except towards Muslims.

So it's okay to discriminate against muslims? Why is it okay to be opposed to Muslims but no one else? You lost me on that one.

Do not any of you self professed intellectuals see the hypocrisy or is it in your nature to just accept hypocrites except those that a Christian?

Either oppose all or support all, but to take the one side approach to end all practice of and belief in Christianity and its God Jesus is just pure Anti-American.

Again right there with you . No religion, no matter which one, should have a place in our government, schools and other institutions. Faith is a private matter and people should be allowed to practice their faith as they see fit as long as it does not infringe on others right to so the same. Satanist, Muslim, Christian... all the same.

edit on 28-9-2015 by metamagic because: There is a bird on my window sill looking at me.

edit on 28-9-2015 by metamagic because: Now the bird is smiling at me

edit on 28-9-2015 by metamagic because: Now the bird is scowling at me

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Humanism is not a religion. It's possible to be a humanist and a Christian. You can see the same sort of thought in the popular (and not at all biblical) phrase, "God helps those who help themselves."

Please cite some sources for your claims:

Teachers are barred fro m having a Bible on their desk but in the same school teachers are allowed to have a Koran on their desk with no opposition.

The fundamentals of Transidental Meditation, without the mention of the which religions use the practice, are taught our kids from Kindergarten. All the while the images if Gautamah Buddha and Hari Krishna adorn the literature books that are used to teach this to the students.

As to this:

Over a year ago the FFRA protested flag pole prayer buy a Christian Bible club at the school because "it gave the impression" the school was supporting Christianity.

Yet at the same school Muslims were allowed to have set aside separate rooms for prayer times so Islamic students didn't have to miss the call to prayer. And they are exempt from their classes while at prayer. But a club can't pray around the flag pole?

I wasn't aware that there was a requirement in any Christian denomination to form a school club to pray around a flag pole? By contrast, there is a religious requirement for Muslims to pray I believe, 5 times a day? Can you point to any instances of Christian religious requirements not being met?

I think in your desire to make everything tit-for-tat, you're mistaking sensible handling of religious needs with persecution.

If you are not aware of requirements as a Christian then you need to read their Bible. they are to pray everywhere, they are to read and study their Bible, they are to do many good works.

But you hit the point if one group can practice their religion at school, and other groups can practice forms of their religion at school, then why can't Christians be able to practice their religion at school?

No problem with that, but what I have experienced is that Christianity gets a preferential treatment. For those that have school prayers, how many are Muslim, or Native American, or Satanist. No that would not be allowed, but I get tired of school events promoting the Christian religion and making its practices part of the event. No I do not want to engage in a prayers to your god nor hear you scriptures quoted. Practice you faith at school but leave me out of it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ChesterJohn

just goolge for the sources you have fingers don't you?

Just present the sources! You have them at hand don't you?
It's your OP. Back it up. And make sure your sources are not Fox or TheBlaze...because those don't count. Sorry.

You are fully aware that 99% of the stories on Fox news.com are from the AP or UP?

Sound like you would like me take everything from Huffington Post, Where I woud find it difficult to see and read one normal conservative idea at all.

I have another thread from last year that has most of those links however I don't need to back up what is true. Just because you haven't read the stories doesn't mean their not true.

Try reading a little more foxnews and be a little more balanced.

So then you STILL won't cite sources.

I seriously can't believe you just wrote "I don't have to back up what is true." And by the way, the reason that we are asking for the links is so that we can read the stories you are citing. Sure I would read the fox news stories you keep referring to BUT YOU WON'T TELL US WHAT THEY ARE.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The highly politicised Conservative CHRISTIANITY you find in the USA is not based on what Jesus taught.
It is pure brainwashing to get the plebs to vote Republcan.
Do you believe Donald Trump and W Bush are Christians?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Because the USA was supposedly founded on CHRISTIANITY (except really it wasn't) so it got a head start.
In my country, we do not have separation of church and state. We have the Church of England. Our Queen holds the title Defender of the Faith, even though she is not a Christian. We do not have a synagogue of England or. mosque of England supported by the monarch.
edit on 12-10-2015 by Antidisestablishment because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

When was the last time you saw a concerted effort to place Talmuds or Books of the Dead in every hotel room in the country?

Your shorts are showing a bit there ole boy. No one forced a hotel or motel to put a bible in their rooms. If you found one there it was either placed there with the consent of the owner of the establishment or left there by the previous renter. To infer that it was a forced Christian dirty deed is not true at all. Also the Jews get a good deal out of this by having their Tanakh printed and published free at the expense of the Christians and then attached to the front of the Christian bible. Also any other group of people are free to attempt the same. In fact try living in the Muslim world and see just how far you get spouting this same indignation against Islam that you have for Christianity.

When have you heard of a National Cemetery erecting a huge Star of David?

I have a few comrades buried at Arlington national cemetery and had not seen any huge crosses or huge stars marking the dead. In fact the markers are all crosses with stars of David on some of them. Did not see the Muslim half moon so expect that to be remedied in the future. The markers should also be changed from crosses to whatever would suit your fancy. Gets real silly doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antidisestablishment

Because the USA was supposedly founded on CHRISTIANITY (except really it wasn't) so it got a head start..

Yes.

We are undoing something that never should have been.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
In fact try living in the Muslim world and see just how far you get spouting this same indignation against Islam that you have for Christianity.

We do not live in a predominately Muslim world.

That's really not relevant to the discussion. And unnecessary to even try to bring it into discussion.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We do not live in a predominately Muslim world. That's really not relevant to the discussion. And unnecessary to even try to bring it into discussion.

Your not with the program Annee. My post was directed to "Benevolent Heretic" and it was relevant to his/her rant. Go back to page 17 and refresh your oversight.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
Your shorts are showing a bit there ole boy. No one forced a hotel or motel to put a bible in their rooms. ... To infer that it was a forced Christian dirty deed is not true at all.

Excuse me? I didn't say anything whatsoever about something being "forced". Nor did I imply this action was "forced". Stocking hotel rooms with bibles was entirely voluntary, I'm pretty sure.

And look up "infer". imply vs infer
edit on 10/12/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Islam is not anti Christian. The radical Islamist religion is not really Islam.
Christians and Jews are recognised and respected by Muslims as "people of the book".

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nm
edit on 23-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

here is the actual book
www.voltairenet.org...
great book . . . broke my mind!

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join