It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

originally posted by: undo

what's your world view?

Obscured by a florist's van at the moment..

is that a threat?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

is that a threat?

I'm curious exactly how that could possibly be construed as a threat.. anyone?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

it happens alot. i recall being told that as a christian i was responsible for the crusades. it was pretty much a "wtf"
moment for me because it was people who were protesting (protestants) the holy roman empire, that were being killed in the inquisition. since i'm a protestant, it made no sense to suggest i was responsible for that.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

is that a threat?

i just asked a simple question and you didn't even try to answer it. instead you made a strange comment. strange comments tend to be loaded with import. so i took another look at it. seems rather derogatory to me unless you want to explain it? you don't have to, of course, but what the flip, how difficult is the question?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm not going to disagree with the premise, but I'm not a Christian because I think it offers me some type of material privilege.

I'ma Christian because I acknowledge I am an imperfect being, I have committed sin, and accept that Jesus is the son of God come to atone for my sins.

No one promised that being a Christian would be easy. Compared to being fed to lions, set fire in a cage, crucified, etc I'd say the persecution we are enduring is not the worst thing. I'm more concerned for the non-Christians who applaud legal rulings against Christians and don't realize that they are cheering on a slippery slope that affects everyone.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

See this is all part of the problem. You guys are extremely paranoid. You think everyone is out to get you. My comment was a cheap attempt (let's face it, very cheap) at humour, but you took it as some kind of cryptic threat.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Seemed to be a pretty clear answer to me, and humorous as well. Obviously, his world view is being obstructed by a florist's van. What's threatening about that?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

See this is all part of the problem. You guys are extremely paranoid. You think everyone is out to get you. My comment was a cheap attempt (let's face it, very cheap) at humour, but you took it as some kind of cryptic threat.

"you guys" ? listen, i was not born like some cookie cutter carbon copy crusader paranoid. your (not everyones) comments are disturbing because they seem very one-sided and filled with bad data. if you want to support your world view, i have to have some idea of what it is so i know where you're coming from. without it, you sound like well, a mean guy.

edit on 31-8-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Seemed to be a pretty clear answer to me, and humorous as well. Obviously, his world view is being obstructed by a florist's van. What's threatening about that?

i'll tell ya later.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

It may be that he thought you were saying that you are an assassin disguised as florist coming to get him.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

It may be that he thought you were saying that you are an assassin disguised as florist coming to get him.

i'm a female. a female who has been thru the wringer. been in a coma, had breast cancer, and a ton of other not so fun things, so i'm not a fan of pain or mean people. he seems mean. i see that as a threat.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

i'm a female. a female who has been thru the wringer. been in a coma, had breast cancer, and a ton of other not so fun things, so i'm not a fan of pain or mean people.

Oh I am very sorry to hear that

I don't think he was being mean, just humorous - not at your expense tho.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Oh noes! A MEAN PERSON!! Quick, protect the children!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I don't think anyone here hates Christians though.

Just because people say they want to see Christianity disappear doesn't mean they hate Christians. It certainly doesn't mean they want Christians killed (as per grandma's claim in many of her posts).

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

i'm a female. a female who has been thru the wringer. been in a coma, had breast cancer, and a ton of other not so fun things, so i'm not a fan of pain or mean people.

Oh I am very sorry to hear that

I don't think he was being mean, just humorous - not at your expense tho.

i'm in the process of finding out if that's actually the case. who else's expense would it be at, since he was addressing me when he said it and then called me paranoid. what? what did i do? i just got up in the morning only to find out i'm the worst thing since swiss cheese. (err some people like swiss cheese). ah the worst thing since there was a worst thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

Oh noes! A MEAN PERSON!! Quick, protect the children!

my kids are grown.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i think jesus was the last pharaoh of egypt (and the first one (no not narmer -- go back farther) and a master mage.
i think he was enki-ea redux. i believe he was who he said he was and offered the salvation message because the guy who owns the planet is a mean guy (and i'm not a fan of mean people) and we actually have to have the get out of jail free card to pass go.

now i could be totally wrong but at least i did the research my damn self and didn't let someone in a brainwashing booth (school) tell me what to think.

edit on 31-8-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i suppose that means i'm a bad person

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

i suppose that means i'm a bad person

Nope.

I've seen your posts many times over 5 years and you seem to be a nice person.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The truth of this is that Satan the king of the liars and deceivers is targeting , and has already deceived atheists, every single one of them, and Christ is Satan's number one enemy, so the reason that Atheists are targeting Christianity is very plain to see. The devil only cares about attacking Christians and Christianity, since he doesn't even need to worry about all the rest.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join