It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Hamas spokesperson attacked by Gaza civilians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

originally posted by: CommandoJoe

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If they were a legitimate terrorist group, Israel wouldn't only be concerned with backyard rockets.

A few days ago this "backyard rocket" made it past Iron Dome and landed in the town where I work...

These are not Estes rockets, bottle rockets, or "glorified fireworks as many like to call them. They can be deadly if you are within 100 feet or so...

I'm sure it takes quite a bit of explosives to toss around a 2+ ton van.

The 20 kg (44 lbs) warheads they use will do it That's not huge but a m67 frag grenade weighs less than 1 lb. Do the math....

I laugh my ass off when I hear the bottle rocket analogy.

Most don't realize their largest missiles have a range of 150km and can carry up to 145kg of explosives...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I love the fact that anyone who criticizes ISRAEL automatically supports Hamas. I love that Israel is always free from any blame and is never held accountable for their actions.

Hamas sympathizers?

By a show of hands, who here on ATS supports Hamas?

That said, I'm glad the Palestinians are standing up to Hamas. I've posted in numerous threads a poll that was conducted before the "war" that shows the Palestinians don't support Hamas and don't support violence. When was the last time there was an election in Gaza? The Gazans have had no chance to vote these terrorists out, and that's exactly how Hamas wants it. Maybe now the Gazans will forcefully throw what's left of Hamas out on its ass!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe

That's great and I agree with everything you said but there is an opposite side to what that person wrote on Facebook and this is the side that really does get me pissed..

An Israeli official has called for concentration camps in Gaza and ‘the conquest of the entire Gaza Strip, and annihilation of all fighting forces and their supporters’.

Moshe Feiglin, Deputy Speaker of the Israeli Knesset and member of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s ruling Likud Party, posted the inflammatory message on his Facebook page at the weekend.

He lays out a detailed plan for the destruction of Gaza - which includes shipping its residents across the world - in a letter he addressed to the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The message, which received more than 2,000 likes on his page, lists four action points which he wants to be enforced as soon as possible.

Moshe Feiglin

This is what I mean by the Zionist's and not the common people of Israel.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

I was talking about those people in Syria and Iraq.... Who did you think I was talking about? Aladdin and his Genie?

I was talking about Islamic extremists.

I am pretty certain that they existed before the US government was even formed.
They did their conversions with a sword. Muhammad was involved in that method of conversion.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

One individual does not represent the collective will of the Israeli government, just like Hamas does not represent the collective will of all Palestinians.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Willtell
The problem is that Netanyahu doesn’t really want a Palestinian state.

The problem is that Israeli leadership doesn't want a two state solution. The problem is that Hamas doesn't want peace because it'll put them out of business. The problem is that the civilians on both sides over there are all living in terror or are being slaughtered. LOTS of problems. If the Palestinians would be rid of Hamas and the Israelis would be rid of their leadership, then something positive could happen. But until then ... there is just more of the same evil.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Quoted for truth. Well said.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Don't even compare Western Jihad to Islamic Jihad... A fundamental teaching of Islam is not to make alliances with the enemy and if the USA are the enemy as most believe, then why are ISIS taking weapons and money from the supposed enemy?

Why are ISIS attacking their own people and not the enemy?

ISIS are a joke to Islam.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

One individual does not represent the collective will of the Israeli government, just like Hamas does not represent the collective will of all Palestinians.

That's a great point you make, just like Extremist groups don't represent the collective will of all Muslims but for some reason all Muslims get tagged with the Extremist label in most cases.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Don't even compare Western Jihad to Islamic Jihad... A fundamental teaching of Islam is not to make alliances with the enemy and if the USA are the enemy as most believe, then why are ISIS taking weapons and money from the supposed enemy?

Why are ISIS attacking their own people and not the enemy?

ISIS are a joke to Islam.

You do not believe that one sect of Islam has killed another due to their beliefs?
Need to check the history books again.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It seems to me there has been a great misunderstanding, about a great many things, regarding this conflict between Israel and Hamas.

Just to refresh the memories of those who seem to have a selective memory, Hamas shot the rockets into Israel first. They were warned by Israel to stop - they responded by shooting more rockets into Israel. Israel further warned Hamas, who then shot more rockets into Israel.

Israel then began its retaliation against Hamas.

To say that Israel is targeting citizens of Palestine is a bias statement, designed to promote anti Semite ideas.

Much of the anti-Israel sentiment I read and hear, on this form and other sources, is simply the spew that has slipped from the lips of leftist media news outlets, drank up by the mindless masses, and vomited back up in a nonsensical fashion by those who cannot think for their own selves.

History speaks for itself - and in this conflict Hamas struck first.

Israel is not targeting civilians. How ignorant. How dumb.

Israel, if certain people have bothered to check their facts, have gone extremely out of their way - even at risk of their own men - to warn the civilians of Gaza what they are going to do. They have even warned the civilians where they will bomb.

Hamas keeps the civilians there. They keep them there because their shame knows no bounds. They keep them there to further disgrace Israel by pointing a finger at them and saying, "Look! Look at what they have done!"
edit on 6-8-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I believe it because the same thing has happened with Christians.. But that's not my point. My point is half the idiots who are running around killing people right now wouldn't be if the West just kept their nose out of other peoples fights. Half the idiots running around have come from failed States which were promised Democracy after the West intervened.

At least with Saddam, Gaddafi and even Assad, those countries were somewhat stable before we started giving Jihadi's hand outs. The West caused this problem, not the Qu'ran.. It's Western sponsored Jihad which has got out of control and the West should be held accountable for their ridiculous f***ups..

Don't need to check the history books to understand the above.
edit on 6-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle
It seems to me there has been a great misunderstanding, about a great many things, regarding this conflict between Israel and Hamas.

Just to refresh the memories of those who seem to have a selective memory, Hamas shot the rockets into Israel first. They were warned by Israel to stop - they responded by shooting more rockets into Israel. Israel further warned Hamas, who then shot more rockets into Israel.

Israel then began its retaliation against Hamas.

To say that Israel is targeting citizens of Palestine is a bias statement, designed to promote anti Semite ideas.

Much of the anti-Israel sentiment I read and hear, on this form and other sources, is simply the spew that has slipped from the lips of leftist media news outlets, drank up by the mindless masses, and vomited back up in a nonsensical fashion by those who cannot think for their own selves.

History speaks for itself - and in this conflict Hamas struck first.

Israel is not targeting civilians. How ignorant. How dumb.

Israel, if certain people have bothered to check their facts, have gone extremely out of their way - even at risk of their own men - to warn the civilians of Gaza what they are going to do. They have even warned the civilians where they will bomb.

Hamas keeps the civilians there. They keep them there because their shame knows no bounds. They keep them there to further disgrace Israel by pointing a finger at them and saying, "Look! Look at what they have done!"

you are wrong in so many ways.

Here's some truth for you. Israel is keeping the people in Gaza in a prison. They cannot leave and Israel decides how much food, medicine and other supplies they get, Israel controls their water supply. The people in Gaza cannot enter or leave with out Israeli consent. They are prisoners, kept in slum like conditions by the Israeli government to control them.

As far as who started this...start your research here.

"The Times of Israel reported that Hamas had fired missiles on June 30, for the first time since the November 2012 cease-fire, “in revenge for an Israeli airstrike several hours earlier.” Earlier rocket fire came from other groups in Gaza which, the article notes, Hamas had tried to stop."

Israel is also targeting civilians. Look at those children bombed on the beach. Not an accident. Look at all those UN shelters bombed with many deaths. Not an accident. Look at the one school where the UN told Israel no less than 17 times that it was a shelter, still Israel decided to kill the children. Look at the genocidal rhetoric coming from government officials in Israel.

Israel runs a worse than apartheid government, persecutes the Palestinians just as the Nazi's persecuted the Jews in Germany before ww 2, and they target ciilians and children in this trumped up war, a war the Israel started. They are guilty of war crimes.

You can't defend this corrupt government. If it makes you feel any better, the USA is almost as bad with drone strikes on Children in Afghanistan and Pakistan. But, that's a different issue.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

And you mention nothing of the three kidnapped boys in your recap? They were innocents too, no? And that's what kicked this all off. You really only care about blood when it comes from one side. And by the way, that whole Hamas wasn't involved in the kidnapping of the boys is now a joke. Haven't seen anyone posting that up here.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoth12

And you mention nothing of the three kidnapped boys in your recap? They were innocents too, no? And that's what kicked this all off. You really only care about blood when it comes from one side. And by the way, that whole Hamas wasn't involved in the kidnapping of the boys is now a joke. Haven't seen anyone posting that up here.

If you research that, you'll find that it wasn't Hamas, it was a lone terror cell or splinter group. That kidnapping wasn't sanctioned by Hamas leadership.

But, again, I'm not condoning anything Hamas does, I realize they aren't good guys but we need to get to the bottom of things and the truth.

So do those three deaths, justify in anyway, the targeting of children by Israel? No.

Editing to add, that we really don't know everything, so let me play devils advocate and ask what if it was Hamas leadership that ordered those three teenagers kidnapped and killed. Again, does that justify the targeting of children and unarmed civilians? No. Does it justify the targeting of UN shelters? NO.

Then ask yourself why there was ever Hamas and how they recruit so many and why there was a PLO and how they were able to recruit so many?

The root cause is Israel and their oppression of a people the they feel they are better than.
edit on 6-8-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
First good news from Palestine in a while. Still it means nothing, as long as Hamas is in Palestine, there'll be no chance for peace.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Here's some truth for you. Israel is keeping the people in Gaza in a prison. They cannot leave and Israel decides how much food, medicine and other supplies they get, Israel controls their water supply. The people in Gaza cannot enter or leave with out Israeli consent. They are prisoners, kept in slum like conditions by the Israeli government to control them.

Citizens of Gaza can leave through two legal ways – through Egypt and Israel. It is not just Israel that refuses to let them cross, it is Egypt as well. This is done because of security reasons.

If they let everyone through who wanted through, then there would be no need for Hamas to build tunnels into Israel then, would there?

Hamas was voted into power in 2006, and since that time Israel has restricted much of the border crossings because the people of Gaza are becoming more radicalized. Regardless, Israel did let citizens through for medical treatment and humanitarian reasons.

Israel has indeed restricted the import and export of certain construction material, because it is being used by the elected Hamas to build tunnels into Israel.

Every time Israel has relaxed its stance, Hamas and other radical organizations within Gaza takes advantage of their perceived weakness and exploits it with violence.

The Times of Israel reported that Hamas had fired missiles on June 30, for the first time since the November 2012 cease-fire, “in revenge for an Israeli airstrike several hours earlier.” Earlier rocket fire came from other groups in Gaza which, the article notes, Hamas had tried to stop

Hamas tried to stop it? It is funny to me that the rockets used are the same type that Hamas is openly using now. This is the same tactic that Hamas uses with its human-shield-citizens – they claim innocence and let Israel take the heat. It is an obvious political ploy, and a not very good one at that…

Israel is also targeting civilians. Look at those children bombed on the beach. Not an accident. Look at all those UN shelters bombed with many deaths. Not an accident. Look at the one school where the UN told Israel no less than 17 times that it was a shelter, still Israel decided to kill the children. Look at the genocidal rhetoric coming from government officials in Israel.

Lie all you would like. Israel is not targeting civilians. You can say it as much as you like, it simply doesn’t make it true.

The children who died is a tragic, and horrible thing. Horrible. Disgusting. Just like war is disgusting – which Hamas brought on itself. You can try to point the finger at Israel, but they are retaliating against Hamas’ attacks.

What about the Israelite children who have died by rocket fire from Hamas? Where is your outcry for them?

The UN School was being used by Hamas to store weapons. Israel warned the citizens to leave. Hamas decided for the Israelite air strikes to kill the children, not Israel. They keep the civilians there, and wouldn’t let them leave.

Look at all the genocidal rhetoric coming from government officials in Hamas…. War drives men to madness.

Israel runs a worse than apartheid government, persecutes the Palestinians just as the Nazi's persecuted the Jews in Germany before ww 2, and they target ciilians and children in this trumped up war, a war the Israel started. They are guilty of war crimes.

This is insane. The Israelite government began to fear Palestinians when they elected Hamas into power…. To compare Israel’s treatment of Palestinians to the Nazi’s treatment of the Jews is an insane perspective.

I don’t think I’ve ever read in any history books about Nazi’s telling Jews to evacuate or they will be thrown into concentration camps, or slaughtered…. That is a sick way of thinking.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

a reply to: CommandoJoe

That's great and I agree with everything you said but there is an opposite side to what that person wrote on Facebook and this is the side that really does get me pissed..

An Israeli official has called for concentration camps in Gaza and ‘the conquest of the entire Gaza Strip, and annihilation of all fighting forces and their supporters’.

Moshe Feiglin, Deputy Speaker of the Israeli Knesset and member of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s ruling Likud Party, posted the inflammatory message on his Facebook page at the weekend.

He lays out a detailed plan for the destruction of Gaza - which includes shipping its residents across the world - in a letter he addressed to the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The message, which received more than 2,000 likes on his page, lists four action points which he wants to be enforced as soon as possible.

Moshe Feiglin

This is what I mean by the Zionist's and not the common people of Israel.

I'm sure we can all agree that there are politicians in every country that say stupid things - The US Congress has quite a few...

From what I've seen, I wouldn't take this as being representative of the Israeli government or the Israeli people, and I'm pretty sure nothing will come of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

That's a great point you make, just like Extremist groups don't represent the collective will of all Muslims but for some reason all Muslims get tagged with the Extremist label in most cases.

That's probably because the percentage of Muslims that are extremists is much higher than most (all?) other groups. I've heard #'s as high as 25%...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: hoth12

If you research that, you'll find that it wasn't Hamas, it was a lone terror cell or splinter group. That kidnapping wasn't sanctioned by Hamas leadership.

But, again, I'm not condoning anything Hamas does, I realize they aren't good guys but we need to get to the bottom of things and the truth.

So do those three deaths, justify in anyway, the targeting of children by Israel? No.

Editing to add, that we really don't know everything, so let me play devils advocate and ask what if it was Hamas leadership that ordered those three teenagers kidnapped and killed. Again, does that justify the targeting of children and unarmed civilians? No. Does it justify the targeting of UN shelters? NO.

Then ask yourself why there was ever Hamas and how they recruit so many and why there was a PLO and how they were able to recruit so many?

The root cause is Israel and their oppression of a people the they feel they are better than.

Hossam Kawasmeh, arrested on July 11, admitted to leading cell which abducted and murdered Gil-Ad Schaer, Eyal Yifrach, and Naftali Frenkel; He received funds from Hamas.

Israel wasn't hitting Gaza because of the kidnapping/murder of the teens, it was because of the constant barrage of rockets into Israel from Gaza... That's the way it has been for years - Israel pretty much leaves Gaza alone unless they launch rockets. If you notice, rockets are not being launched from the West Bank, and as a result, Israel doesn't conduct air strikes there...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CommandoJoe

That's probably because the percentage of Muslims that are extremists is much higher than most (all?) other groups. I've heard #'s as high as 25%...

Well if there are are 450 Million Extremists then we are all doomed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join