It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs Executive Order to Detain Americans With ‘Respiratory Illnesses’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Federal health authorities could exercise authoritarian powers to control an Ebola outbreak if the deadly disease hits the United States under the Model State Emergency Health Powers Act, legislation passed in the wake of 9/11 which attracted controversy at the time for its draconian scope.Under the legislation, public health authorities and governors would rely on expanded police powers to;

- Force individuals suspected of harboring an “infectious disease” to undergo medical examinations.

- Track and share an individual’s personal health information, including genetic information.

- Force persons to be vaccinated, treated, or quarantined for infectious diseases.

- Mandate that all health care providers report all cases of persons who harbor any illness or health condition that may be caused by an epidemic or an infectious agent and might pose a “substantial risk” to a “significant number of people or cause a long-term disability.” (Note: Neither “substantial risk” nor “significant number” are defined in the draft.)

- Force pharmacists to report any unusual or any increased prescription rates that may be caused by epidemic diseases.

- Preempt existing state laws, rules and regulations, including those relating to privacy, medical licensure, and–this is key–property rights.

- Control public and private property during a public health emergency, including pharmaceutical manufacturing plants, nursing homes, other health care facilities, and communications devices.

- Mobilize all or any part of the “organized militia into service to the state to help enforce the state’s orders.”

- Ration firearms, explosives, food, fuel and alcoholic beverages, among other commodities.

- Impose fines and penalties to enforce their orders.

So this goes back to the antipatriot act, well it seems that is coming back to hunt us after all.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Because inforwars.com is not viewed as a reliable information I have this other link to the Legislative Status Update: of the MSEHPA

Since its completion on December 21, 2001, the Centers has been tracking state legislative activity related to MSEHPA. As of July 15, 2006, the Act has been introduced in whole or part through 171 bills or resolutions in forty-four (44) states, the District of Columbia, and the Northern Mariannas Islands. Thirty-eight (38) states [AL, AK, AZ, CA, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, LA, ME, MD, MN, MO, MT, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NC, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WI, and WY] and DC have passed a total of 66 bills or resolutions that include provisions from or closely related to the Act. The extent to which the Act's provisions are incorporated into each state's laws varies. For more information, please refer to the specific legislative bills or resolutions referenced in the MSEHPA State Legislative Activity Table and the MSEHPA State Legislative Surveillance Table (both documents include information as of July 15, 2006).

www.publichealthlaw.net...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Check out it's bigger brother Continuity of Govenment COG under REAGAN,REX 84 (My Ranger friend told me they examined a nuke sight and suggested security and then discussed how to take it down back in the unit.)
What we see now is nothing I wonder why they even had the PATRIOT act with laws already there.
COG was about direct SEIZRE of the country not security measures.

IT WON'T WORK unless we say it works.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

It starting to look to me like ebola will be an excuse to enforce existing laws, legislation and executives orders in order to expand government control in other areas that constitutional rights are otherwise protected.

Why amend the constitution when you can go around of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Congratulations Ma'am you are paranoid.
For the purposes of some viewers anyway. If you have firearms well then...
Crossfire coverage works real well. Language can be used the same way .the ammo is the truth.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Why is this contemporary with bringing the two Ebola patients.
Wouldn't be better if not bringing here and end the problem right there.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

How much to sneak into the white house and hide
Obamas pen?

He does not sign them.. He just lets his autopen do that for him -

Obama's 'Autopen' Used To Sign Fiscal Cliff Bill From 4,800 Miles Away

I wonder if we could hide a clause in the next law he autosigns that announces his resignation.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
In a perfect world an EO like this one would be of no concern to the citizens,they would welcome it because on the surface it looks like the government wants to protect the people,but this isn`t a perfect world.This is a world controlled by lieing, deceiving,self serving douchebags who would sell their own mothers to the devil for a dime.
Our leaders have lied to us too many times and now the people no longer trust them,even if this is on the up and up the people are justified in not trusting their leaders with this kind of power.Our leaders have proven that they can`t be trusted with this kind of power.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I maybe paranoid, but why bringing two infected people into the nation and have one going to Atlanta and the other one going to Texas, then Texas already has been awarded millions of dollars to work in a vaccine.

I mean, the two infected people will become the property of the government to be experimented one by the CDC and the other one by a private funded entity.

It doesn't take two and two to see the value that the government and the private profiteers put on human life.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark

The biggest worry about this would be that people who simply have a cough could be apprehended and taken to a holding area where people who actually have the disease may be, thus placing the less sick people at risk.

SO it's my guess that, weather you really are fatally ill or not, those sent to these places will not be coming back from them.

This very same thing happened in the thirties and forties during the TB outbreak. Many people who didn't even have the disease were sent to isolation shared with people who did have it and nearly all of them died from it in the end....

edit on 1-8-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Was diagnosed with walking pneumonia on the 23rd, I've had it before so it's no big. They gave me some antibiotics, but now It's still lingering, was gonna go to the doctor, but now I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Y'know, such an order will keep people with more serious respiratory illnesses (that aren't ebola) from seeking treatment, possibly putting them in worse danger than they would have been.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TotalProtonicReversal

Not really no.

As has been stated before its based on diagnosis. If you go to the Hospital they run tests to see what you have. If you are contagious to the point of exposing people to something that can result in death - like Ebola, TB, etc the option is there for the hospital to initiate a quarantine.

A question for everyone to ask themselves -
If you are diagnosed with Ebola, TB or some other highly contagious disease would you not want some help in trying to fight it off? The diseases listed in the EO and the cited law are all diseases that will prevent a person from being able to adequately take care of themselves.

People should read up on the diseases in question and see what the progression of the disease is and its affect on the body. Check up on how contagious they are and be sure to look at how the disease can affect those who are not infected, specifically the elderly and the young.

One criteria is a persons mental status. The question becomes does the patient understand the seriousness of the disease in question and does the patient, based on all information available, appear to have cognitive abilities to make medical decisions on their own or is the disease interfering with that process.

Some of these disease are extremely rough on the body and have the ability to affect a persons rational and logical thought process. If the individuals mental capacity is compromised by the disease one must error on the side of caution, not only for the patient but those people the patient might come into contact with should the person leave the hospital.

I have yet to see an individual who goes to the hospital, who is diagnosed with a life threatening condition, turn down medical treatment.

If the person is intent on letting the condition kill them they would have stayed home and not sought out the emergency room.

This type of situation would be no different than a hazmat situation on a job site. People would be triaged and those contaminated would be held in isolation / quarantine until they are cleaned up to the point of not being a typhoid mary.

Anyways just some factors to consider.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark

thanks for the compilation of info's

looks like all those body scanners & moly scanners installed at airports etc have been put there for a reason

before this it was bush jnr. extolling the virtues of brain scanners for 'mental health' assessments..

..the spice must flow

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Britster1821
You better CALL that upper bunk at your local FEVA...I mean FEMA CAMP.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Does this mean the police will perceive it as open season on anyone who displays the slightest snuffle, sneeze or cough?
Better drop them in a hail of bullets just in case they are a carrier, it's the right thing to do!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thanks for that info; I was just about to go to bed when I read and replied so I didn't take the time to do due dilligence and research the EO in question. I'll have to look into it further.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well as unnerving as this all is. I feel comforted by the fact that there is not enough money, hospital rooms, resources to make any of our worst government detention nightmares happen.

I am hearing that Ebola is a real possibility. Not because of the infected person in the Atlanta hospital but because they are not screening anyone flying out of that Ebola infected area.

Learn how to fight it naturally. I have no doubt getting meds for any of it would be difficult to get a hold of.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

Out of curiosity, and apologies to the op for taking a side trip from the main article, has anyone seen information about the 2 Americans that were infected on how it occurred? I just keep seeing the standard they contracted it.

i ask because there has been a concern that Ebola could be transmitted via air (aerosolized). The climate we have works against the virus but there is always that concern of it spreading.

Also - I have never seen an incident with the US where we evacuated US citizens back to the US for treatment.

For those Tom Clancy fans it reminds me of the book Executive Orders.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
FEMA CAMPS"!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

They are both Dr.'s who were working in the Ebola infected area.

From what I heard, most of the people there are afraid to see Dr.'s because they all get Ebola and spread it around. There is nothing a Dr. can do to prevent being infected. Kind of a catch 22.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join