It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs Executive Order to Detain Americans With ‘Respiratory Illnesses’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Xcathdra Just look at how many other illnesses have the same onset symptoms as the ones in the order.

Which is why the law requires a diagnosis by a medical professional. If the person has something not listed, then it does not apply. Don't forget scientists recently found a 30k year old bacteria that is not found in modern times. If the scientists mess with the bacteria and it escapes the lab and infects people then what?

The only other thing I would point out is Bush's EO is dated 2003. In that time how many times has it been used? I am familiar with only 2 and both had the nasty strain of TB.

With that said there is nothing wrong with people not liking the law / EO. I can see the possibility of it being used for means other than what's listed in the EO. Its definitely something people should keep tabs on, especially with this President.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Xcathdra Just look at how many other illnesses have the same onset symptoms as the ones in the order.

Here is some more detailed info -

(2) For purposes of this subsection, the term “qualifying stage”, with respect to a communicable disease, means that such disease—

(A) is in a communicable stage; or

(B) is in a precommunicable stage, if the disease would be likely to cause a public health emergency if transmitted to other individuals.

(e) Preemption

Nothing in this section or section 266 of this title, or the regulations promulgated under such sections, may be construed as superseding any provision under State law (including regulations and including provisions established by political subdivisions of States), except to the extent that such a provision conflicts with an exercise of Federal authority under this section or section 266 of this title.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The worst part is that it shows up like the flu and the virus can live on surfaces for days. This is very scary and they are not telling anyone about this. Read the whole page to see vital information to protect yourselves.

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days (23). Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4°C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70°C (6, 20). Infectivity can be preserved by lyophilisation.

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Obama Signs Executive Order to Detain Americans With ‘Respiratory Illnesses’

All I can add is its going to be an interesting flu season.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

lol.

watch the show...or read one of the books....or hit up youtube.

you get a star.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

"I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. … When one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me. I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway." --Joe Biden, providing handy tips to protect against the swine flu and freaking us out, "Today Show" interview, April 30, 2009

politicalhumor.about.com...

A sneeze can get a person detained now.

That EO is the very definition of 'freaking out'.

Never too late for a great gaffe, isn't it Neo?

Unless the public transportation in Wilmington has gone
ragtop-- I believe a subway train car is just about as likely
as an airliner cabin to be our test tube, O'l' Joe....bud...

"Bring out your brain dead." i swear that for saying just the
right thing at the right time, he's a clown for all seasons.

I must pay respect to the thread, and say the effectiveness
of the EO should do wonders for pushing our holiday shopper
out into the unknown nefarious soup of public exposure.
Gives you the same warm, fuzzy feeling of an Anthrax jingle bells card...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Huh? Assault weapons? When did an Ebola outbreak become a 2nd Amendment issue? Cripes. The border and now the 2nd. Do you guys know what we're even talking about here?

Please Trep, don't give the DHS any ideas. Soaking the beanbag
in pathogens first before you load the Mossberg is dirty pool.
I can't believe I stumbled over that analogy..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think the timing of this EO is because of the illegals already here, and those that will be coming once the refugee paperwork is finished down in Honduras and Guatemala. Expect thousands more once the legal process is completed on the ground in those two countries.

In the Artesia facility alone in New Mexico housing about 600 of them, 89 have tested positive for TB.

We all but eradicated this disease here in America, and now it is returning because of the open border problem. I think we are also seeing diseases like pertussis re-emerge, and it's only going to get worse. I'm glad I don't have young children in the public school system anymore.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
After reading the amendment to the Bush act on SARS this will give dictatorial powers to states governors and even health officials.

Meaning that you don't have to really be sick just that some ass wise think that you are sick.

This is not good, no matter how you slice it.

I understand that in order to stop a pandemic drastic measures should be use, but sadly I didn't read anything that say Illegals entering the country will be detained.

Although Ebola was listed on the original executive order signed by Bush, Obama’s amendment ensures that Americans who merely show signs of respiratory illness, with the exception of influenza, can be forcibly detained by medical authorities.

We actually have a president that have not clue what in the hell he signs as long as he got his pen in his hands.

What a moron.
edit on 1-8-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

If "irony" would be replaced with "operation" then yes.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What/who is a medical authority?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: jrod

As someone pointed out MERS is also a concern. Smokers also are more likely to have respiratory symptoms therefore smokers are terrorist too!

People are now walking 'weapons of mass destruction'.

Neo, If this bug goes airborne through mutation or manipulation--
I''l have to side with NavyDoc and say it's a whole different ball game.
but with the combination of lethality relegated to 60-70% and NOT
being airborne (yet) we still have some breathing room.
After Intrepid, I have to find where in my keyboard the metaphor
wire's shorted out. I'll be back.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I believe it refers to the health officials in individual states. meaning a nurse or a doctor.

edit on 1-8-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: queenofswords

I believe it refers to the health officials in individual states. meaning a nurse or a doctor.

The only thing I would add would be the ability to actually diagnose the patient. My state does not allow for a nurse to diagnose a patient, only a doctor.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: R_Clark

Wait a moment the moron toad in the white house can sign an executive order to detain legal American citizens and actually do whatever he wants, but the illegals crossing the border are free to roam in our cities thanks to the government spreading the illegals all over the nation with diseases with not problem at all?

I am the only one understanding the irony of this latest executive order.

Nope

After weeks of shipping them all over the country.

Too little

Too GD late to be worrying about a 'pandemic'.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

A nurse or a doctor can actually forcibly retain you for having a bad cough under this EO?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes I believe that is true, the nurse takes the information and the doctor does the diagnostic.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

It's already been covertly done I would guess.
healthmap.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
How much to sneak into the white house and hide
Obamas pen?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join