It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs Executive Order to Detain Americans With ‘Respiratory Illnesses’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The climate we have works against the virus but there is always that concern of it spreading.

Where did you get that info? Just curious, I've never heard that before.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have been saying for weeks that America is under biological attack. I think the influx of immigrants is false, I think those people were hiding and all came out together. All those diseases on the planes with the children? The new deadly Plague? The worst ever livestock pandemics? Ebola?

I think someone is reenacting the cowboys and Indians games, with the Americans playing the part of the Natives. It's like small pox blankets and forced STD's all over again if you ask me.

Either that or the Governments are scare mongering.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara
Where did you get that info? Just curious, I've never heard that before.

World Health Organization - Ebola

The animals that are carriers of the disease are located in the tropical rain forests of Africa.
* - gorilla
* - chimpanzee
* - duiker
* - Fruit Bats
* - Monkeys
* - Forest Antelopes
* - Porcupines

Ebola is introduced into the human population through close contact with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected animals. In Africa, infection has been documented through the handling of infected chimpanzees, gorillas, fruit bats, monkeys, forest antelope and porcupines found ill or dead or in the rainforest.

List of Ebola outbreaks -

The virus can still make it to the US / other countries so we should be vigilant.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wonder where the animals get it. Kind of like the plague here, how it starts with prairie dogs and rabbits.

However, the symptoms of Ebola do not match the symptoms he says he will detain people for. TB does though, and I've heard that has been coming across the border.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah, who wants an ebola victim coughing on them? Raise your hands.....

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Well, let's see:

People touch their faces hundreds of times a day, including their lips.

Ebola symptoms take 21 days to show. Ebola can be transmitted prior to the display of symptoms.

How many hands do you shake a day? How many of those have recently had body fluids on them?

How many times do you touch your lips a day?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Well, let's see:

People touch their faces hundreds of times a day, including their lips.

Ebola symptoms take 21 days to show. Ebola can be transmitted prior to the display of symptoms.

How many hands do you shake a day? How many of those have recently had body fluids on them?

How many times do you touch your lips a day?

I'd wager the # goes WAY up if you're a smoker.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'll ask the same question I asked when Bush did his EO? Why? Why now?
The states all have public health systems and laws pertaining to communicable diseases of all types with the power of quarantine. So why is there a need for a federal system? Why write an Executive Order for something that is already covered by each and every state's laws?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Rule #1 - when working in a medical setting - Always wear gloves.
Rule #2 - If its wet, sticky and not yours dont touch it.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark

The quarantine measures being implemented in West Africa now are not just Draconian but ridiculous - given the epidemic has already spread well beyond the quarantined area. Hate to see that kind of thing happen in the US. But now "they" have the legal power.

...the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has measures in place for dealing with an outbreak of a communicable disease which allow for the quarantine of “well persons” who “do not show symptoms” of the disease.

In addition, under the Model State Emergency Health Powers Act, public health authorities and governors would be given expanded police powers to seize control of communications devices, public and private property, as well as a host of other draconian measures in the event of a public health emergency.

When the legislation was introduced, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons warned that it “could turn governors into dictators.”

ETA: F&S&

edit on 2/8/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
I'll ask the same question I asked when Bush did his EO? Why? Why now?
The states all have public health systems and laws pertaining to communicable diseases of all types with the power of quarantine. So why is there a need for a federal system? Why write an Executive Order for something that is already covered by each and every state's laws?

Because the Federal Government and the States are whats called separate sovereigns. Ports of entry is a Federal responsibility. The health system in one state cannot dictate terms to the health system in another state. Since we are going over state lines, the feds get involved.

As an example - Hurricane Katrina -
Medical personnel who are not licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana were "prohibited"(they still did it) by Louisiana state law.

The Feds got involved and essentially they "federalized" out of state medical personnel.

State / local law enforcement cannot enforce federal law (in general anyways) and federal officers cannot enforce state laws (in general).

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

...Ebola can be transmitted prior to the display of symptoms.

Reference? Link?

Please. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
But according to USAMRIID, ebola is easily aerosalized. It is airborn most likely

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

The poster got the 21 day part right however symptoms can appear in as little as 48 hours from time of infection to signs of infection. 21 days is at the very end of the time frame for symptom's to show.

Info below is from the WHO website I linked to a page or few back.

Signs and symptoms

EVD is a severe acute viral illness often characterized by the sudden onset of fever, intense weakness, muscle pain, headache and sore throat. This is followed by vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, impaired kidney and liver function, and in some cases, both internal and external bleeding. Laboratory findings include low white blood cell and platelet counts and elevated liver enzymes.

People are infectious as long as their blood and secretions contain the virus. Ebola virus was isolated from semen 61 days after onset of illness in a man who was infected in a laboratory.

The incubation period, that is, the time interval from infection with the virus to onset of symptoms, is 2 to 21 days.

edit on 2-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: manna2
But according to USAMRIID, ebola is easily aerosalized. It is airborn most likely

Do you have a link for that?

Everything I have seen about Ebola being aerosalized has been speculation and never confirmed.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In researching ebola recently i read some research where ebola only infects those with the rhesus monkey gene.
so what about those of us who are rh-
are we immune to ebola?a reply to: mrsdudara

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'm well aware of Ebola's incubations range, but thanks. Ebola -like rabies- can sometimes spread via air but such spread is considered much less than efficient. Recent research might bring that into question though:

Ebola Airborne? Spreads From Pigs to Monkeys Without Contact

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
]originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: manna2

Do you have a link for that?

Everything I have seen about Ebola being aerosalized has been speculation and never confirmed.yes

www.usamriid.army.mil...

yes. It is the 2nd pdf down on the page. It is a search from usamriid

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: manna2

Leads to search page - do you have the document title or number - or a quote?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Please go check the statistics. Drug companies run American's lives. No where else in the world do people get destroyed by receiving medical care. As far as virisus, swine flu, ebola, black plague. That's a health issue. Good luck with your immigration issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join